The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Is anyone hating on Keaton coming back?

The worst I've seen is people saying it's not a big deal. But by and large everyone seems to be pumped about Keaton returning if anything

I just wish he was coming back in a better opportunity (not a messy, often delayed, w/ lead actor bs Flash film). If he was debuting in Batgirl first, it would be great. Their production and plot sounds more align with Batman, of course.

I like that we're getting him and the concept of a Flashpoint film fixing the DCEU - yet I'm just so tired about everything concerning it.

Is anyone hating on Keaton coming back?

The worst I've seen is people saying it's not a big deal. But by and large everyone seems to be pumped about Keaton returning if anything
Yep, I’ve seen it a lot within some Batman Facebook groups or in Instagram comments.
Saying that he’s too old, no one wants to see an old man as Batman, he sucks compared to (insert actor here) etc etc

At least in those circles, a lot of people think it’s a joke and just another sign that WB doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Literally the only person I've seen hating on Keaton's return is that one weird guy who keeps posting in this thread about how Bale practically invented the Batman character and that he should be coming back instead. :O I'm tempted to think that this jealousy might be the case for most of the detractors. They think their favourite should be returning instead, or in the case of Affleck, should have the bigger role.

I almost think some of them are completely forgetting that Affleck is in this too.
I was never an Affleck hate by any means, but I am so over hearing about him lol

Affleck has his fans for sure. I don't know if general audiences care about Keaton's Batman that much these days?

I don't think the GA cares that much about any Batman that's not Bale or Pattinson really. And that's not a shot at any of the other Batmen or saying that they're bad. I'm not saying the GA dislikes all the others but Pattinson is the most recent so there's that going for him and then Bale was in the most acclaimed Batman movies (hell some of the most acclaimed blockbusters in the last 30 years period)

Last edited:
Yeah I think time and TDKT having such a cultural impact really sort of cemented Bale as the number 1 guy :hehe:

Keaton is probably my third or fourth favorite Batman, and I'm still hyped to see his return. I would have been more hyped if he was playing old Bruce in a Batman Beyond film though. Just feels like it's that time for a new legacy for the Batman character. Ah well, maybe soon!

I'm entirely ambivalent about Keaton's return, because the project that he's returning in looks to be more and more a dumpster fire as each new piece of information comes out.

I personally would have loved to see him in a proper adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns, but Snyder killed that one off for us.

If DC/WB had structured and planned a multiverse narrative properly - instead of this desperate attempt to course correct a failing franchise - then I'd be super hyped for Keaton coming back. As it stands...meh.

I wanted a Flash movie, with the Flash being the main draw. Not this weird thing.

I get the inclination to branch out and feature other mainstay characters alongside any iteration. But especially with Keaton's version, it just feels kinda weird imo. I couldn't picture Keaton's Batman successfully working alongside anyone. Not even if he wanted to, i.e., Pfeiffer's Catwoman. As he is in the Burton films, I'd wager he's much too screwed up to be able to maintain a stable working relationship with, say, a Robin or a Batgirl. Of all the live-action versions thus far, he's always struck me as being the most fundamentally alone. Maybe the fallout of an unsuccessful Bat-Family will be a part of his backstory in between Returns and The Flash. Maybe that's why he initially shows up with a ratty beard and an even more hermitic disposition than we've seen previously. If so, he'll have to go through a lot of character development over the course of The Flash.

I get the inclination to branch out and feature other mainstay characters alongside any iteration. But especially with Keaton's version, it just feels kinda weird imo. I couldn't picture Keaton's Batman successfully working alongside anyone. Not even if he wanted to, i.e., Pfeiffer's Catwoman. As he is in the Burton films, I'd wager he's much too screwed up to be able to maintain a stable working relationship with, say, a Robin or a Batgirl. Of all the live-action versions thus far, he's always struck me as being the most fundamentally alone. Maybe the fallout of an unsuccessful Bat-Family will be a part of his backstory in between Returns and The Flash. Maybe that's why he initially shows up with a ratty beard and an even more hermitic disposition than we've seen previously. If so, he'll have to go through a lot of character development over the course of The Flash.

That's...kind of the point. The juxtaposition of him and the younger heroes. It'll be interesting to see whether he had a Robin or not.

Lucas Till, Andrew Garfield, Dacre Montgomery, Dylan O' Brien... or anybody that can act similar to Barry Allen from the comics lol.

O'Brien was rumored to be cast Nightwing in Batgirl a few months ago.

Of course they won't recast the Flash for the upcoming Flash film.
That film is in the can .
That doesn't mean, however, they won't recast the Flash going forward.

Yeah but I will wait until an actual news site is reporting it ;)

With that said Ezra has made his last DC film for sure and likely WB film in general as well.

Yeah but I will wait until an actual news site is reporting it ;)

With that said Ezra has made his last DC film for sure and likely WB film in general as well.

That's not gonna be for another year or two at least before a new Flash is announced, and the writings on the wall anyway.
We don't really need a new site to confirm us that at this point.
Miller is gone.

The only thing that would make it even questionable is if WB is foolish enough to try to keep Miller on as the Flash after The Flash premieres .

Last edited:
That would only happen if it somehow becomes a huge hit...they could weather the storm then because the media will become complicit in making Ezra a reformed actor with blockbuster appeal. It would need to be a huge breakout though...something that isn't possible even if the film is good.

We don't need official confirmation, we are both saying the same thing. I am just not going to take anything from a clickbait site as gospel because there is no chance they know more than actual insiders do. They aren't wrong, they are just saying what we are saying so they get no credit from me :) The Flash will recast post release, and no one will even really care because Ezra is just not that important. If a great actor like Ed Norton can be replaced and not have the franchises miss a beat Ezra friggin Miller can be too. (and again I like Ezra as an actor)

That's not gonna be for another year or two at least before a new Flash is announced, and the writings on the wall anyway.
We don't really need a new site to confirm us that at this point.
Miller is gone.

The only thing that would make it even questionable is if WB is foolish enough to try to keep Miller on as the Flash after The Flash premieres .

They may very well be foolish enough do so if this is to be believed.

Last edited:
That would only happen if it somehow becomes a huge hit...they could weather the storm then because the media will become complicit in making Ezra a reformed actor with blockbuster appeal. It would need to be a huge breakout though...something that isn't possible even if the film is good.

We don't need official confirmation, we are both saying the same thing. I am just not going to take anything from a clickbait site as gospel because there is no chance they know more than actual insiders do. They aren't wrong, they are just saying what we are saying so they get no credit from me :) The Flash will recast post release, and no one will even really care because Ezra is just not that important. If a great actor like Ed Norton can be replaced and not have the franchises miss a beat Ezra friggin Miller can be too. (and again I like Ezra as an actor)

Well ,I don't take anything as gospel , including denial's from studios since, as history has shown , put make stuff up and post it, disinformation is leaked at times to find the leakers, and actors and studios can lie about who is and isn't in the film .

I've been following rumors like these before there were such things as websites, so I don't believe everything I read from websites, scooper twitter feeds etc.

Ultimately, at the end of the day, people are gonna read what they read and believe what they believe. That can't be helped.

The source of the rumor of course always matters, and in this case, I only even heard about the O'Brien as Flash thing from the story being debunked today.

If people want an official/ confirmed word, wait for a press release.

However, a lack of a press release and an article in The Hollywood reporter doesn't mean a rumor going around isn't true. History has certainly shown that with Marvel at least.

But if it's from Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, etc, their word is pretty solid.

Remember, children: drugs and money absolve you of accountability! :cwink:

the_more_you_know_nbc.gif

And of course Ezra’s team would deny they want to recast. I’m not saying the Dylan O’Brien story is true. But WB would be foolish to not have considered somehow recasting. Although WB and foolish seem to go hand and hand lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"