The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

I like Ezra as an actor and in this role, so I hope they aren’t recast, but I wouldn’t have any real issue if they were.
Ezra has made some really bad decisions and has done some really stupid things, but I don’t think they’re like, the worst person ever or anything. They just clearly need help and absolutely need to be held accountable.

if someone like RDJ can go through all his demons and come out on top, I’m sure someone like Ezra can as well. I wish them the best, but it seems like time away from all this would be in their best interest.

Stupid things? That is a bit of an understatement don't tough think?

And of course Ezra’s team would deny they want to recast. I’m not saying the Dylan O’Brien story is true. But WB would be foolish to not have considered somehow recasting. Although WB and foolish seem to go hand and hand lately.

I think WB is considering recasting post The Flash, and alot of the denials are along the same " Ben Affleck isn't leaving The Batman film" that we heard a few years back in the run up to Justice League.

I don't think it's O'Brien either.
But I agree that they're considering recasting, though there's no rush to doing so at this point.

I think WB is considering recasting post The Flash, and alot of the denials are along the same " Ben Affleck isn't leaving The Batman film" that we heard a few years back in the run up to Justice League.

I don't think it's O'Brien either.
But I agree that they're considering recasting, though there's no rush to doing so at this point.

I mean, anyone who is thinking about this objectively has to agree right? I mean...this isn't the 1980s we can't just sweep stuff under the rug or hope the newscycle makes it a non-story. What he did was everywhere and he had multiple arrests.

WB wouldn't announce him being replaced because it would tank the film. No one is going to see a film when the actor is being replaced unless it is said actors swan song...and that is not the case here.

WB is also not going to risk keeping him because the risk/reward is nil. Ezra has no name cache. No one is saying "I have no interest in the Flash, but I just love Ezra in those Fantastic Beast films!" he is not a draw. Hell before the mug shots I bet half the movie going populace couldn't (pardon the metaphor) pick him out of a lineup. He is easily replaced whenever Flash shows up next.

I hope he and WB as communicating, I hope WB is trying to get Ezra help and being supportive behind the scenes. Beyond that though they owe Ezra nothing and Ezra is likely done in big time movies for quite a while. They can take a break and go back to small arthouse style films and be happy.

I like Ezra as an actor and in this role, so I hope they aren’t recast, but I wouldn’t have any real issue if they were.
Ezra has made some really bad decisions and has done some really stupid things, but I don’t think they’re like, the worst person ever or anything. They just clearly need help and absolutely need to be held accountable.

if someone like RDJ can go through all his demons and come out on top, I’m sure someone like Ezra can as well. I wish them the best, but it seems like time away from all this would be in their best interest.
The difference is RDJ was at rock bottom and knew he couldn’t screw it up again. Ezra was handed two big franchises and didn’t appreciate it or the responsibility that comes with it.

The difference is RDJ was at rock bottom and knew he couldn’t screw it up again. Ezra was handed two big franchises and didn’t appreciate it or the responsibility that comes with it.
Absolutely. They definitely need to take some time away from the spotlight because it’s clearly not doing them any favours. They’re lashing out at people that don’t deserve it and are being very self destructive. I hope they have people around them that can convince them to get help.

Absolutely. They definitely need to take some time away from the spotlight because it’s clearly not doing them any favours. They’re lashing out at people that don’t deserve it and are being very self destructive. I hope they have people around them that can convince them to get help.
Studios are hoping that people warm up to a character especially in a comic book franchise so investment builds across not just the solo movies, but team up ones as well.

Miller hasn't had the opportunity to win over the regular audience yet. There are so many actors who appear across multiple franchises and their star rises. I feel Miller would have had to really knock it out the park to keep people invested and for WB to keep him on. And, I know that people hate the $1B or bust mentality, but like it or not this is an event film and if this stumbles, then it's an easy decision to just get rid of him.

It was also years later when RDJ was cast as Iron Man and was hopefully wiser. He did his time. I don't think anyone is saying nobody should get a second chance. But Ezra is a problem right now and it isn't getting any better. Different situations.

Regarding the comparisons with RDJ, his problems were drug related and had been primarily causing harm to himself

Ezra’s issues have caused him to already get in fights & altercations with complete strangers. He’s a loose cannon

This dude is embarrassing.
This whole thing has completely killed my excitement for the movie.
I usually have no problem separating an artists work from their personal/real life bs but this is too much. :funny:
“I film myself being attacked for NFT crypto art”
I cringed to my very core

Don't pull that on me. :whatever: I'm not interested enough in them as an actor to automatically know every single detail of their private life, including what pronouns they may or may not prefer. Likewise, you can dislike me and still assume that any error on my part is simply just that, and not a purposefully malicious act against someone you don't even know.

Don't pull that on me. :whatever: I'm not interested enough in them as an actor to automatically know every single detail of their private life, including what pronouns they may or may not prefer. Likewise, you can dislike me and still assume that any error on my part is simply just that, and not a purposefully malicious act against someone you don't even know.

If you can form an opinion on a person, you can take the 30 seconds required to figure out their pronouns. It ain’t hard.

Neither is character assassination. Nonetheless, you appear to lack the necessary subtly that's required of a successful go at it. Better luck next time. Now be gone with you, as life is only so short. :)

Neither is character assassination. Nonetheless, you appear to lack the necessary subtly that's required of a successful go at it. Better luck next time. Now be gone with you, as life is only so short. :)

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

If you can form an opinion on a person, you can take the 30 seconds required to figure out their pronouns. It ain’t hard.
How so? He’s reacting to news. He should be required to google a person’s pronouns before commenting? He made a honest mistake, you snidely corrected him, and he admitted he didn’t know that’s what Ezra preferred. You’re the one projecting the intent, not him.

How so? He’s reacting to news. He should be required to google a person’s pronouns before commenting? He made a honest mistake, you snidely corrected him, and he admitted he didn’t know that’s what Ezra preferred. You’re the one projecting the intent, not him.

I never mentioned any intent. All I said is it’s easy info to find out. If you don’t wanna take the time then that’s your bag. But people will rightly correct you when you’re wrong.

In deference to Squeekness' patience, I'll let Da-Scribe have the last word on the subject. He's obviously desperate to have it lol.

Anyways, let it be said that I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Mom put that cowl back on again. :cool: That's the real victory here.

I never mentioned any intent. All I said is it’s easy info to find out. If you don’t wanna take the time then that’s your bag. But people will rightly correct you when you’re wrong.
I don't think it's fair and realistic to expect people to take a moment to look up the chosen pronouns of every person in Hollywood before commenting on them, like it's that common of a practice to use non-binary ones. If you do it good for you, but I think there are far more polite ways to correct someone.

I don't think it's fair and realistic to expect people to take a moment to look up the chosen pronouns of every person in Hollywood before commenting on them, like it's that common of a practice to use non-binary ones. If you do it good for you, but I think there are far more polite ways to correct someone.

It’s incredibly common. If you don’t want take the time then just say that. It’s not rare though.

In deference to Squeekness' patience, I'll let Da-Scribe have the last word on the subject. He's obviously desperate to have it lol.

Anyways, let it be said that I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. Mom put that cowl back on again. :cool: That's the real victory here.

Lol, saying you’ll let someone have the last word is the opposite.

Either way, I’m down to end it here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"