The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

The rumour was

Keaton was supposed to make a cameo in Aquaman 2, presumably in a post credits sequence.
I see. So if true it may not be set before The Flash after all. Otherwise the initial thought would have made zero sense.

I see. So if true it may not be set before The Flash after all. Otherwise the initial thought would have made zero sense.

Apparently they didn’t film anything for that, though. Plans could definitely have changed.

If Zaslav can do away with CNN+ with a loss of 300 million, he'll do the same with The Flash if he thinks it'll cost him more money to release it than it'll make.

Frankly, at this stage, I'm all for it. The shared DCEU universe is an absolute mess up and down, and needs ending as swiftly as possible.

Regroup. Concentrate on solo movies. Rebuild confidence.

Apparently they didn’t film anything for that, though. Plans could definitely have changed.
I wouldn't scrap the idea that all the rumours stem from Snyder fans who can't let go of the idea that their universe has ended. But I don't know anything anymore. We live in strange and dark times where anything is possible apparently.

Would you even get the cast back for reshoots to alter Keaton's involvement and reinstate Affleck. Would Miller be in the right state of mind? Would the cast even want to work with him, harboring some animosity?

So many questions and they need to figure out the answer. My big thought is... does Zaslav and DeLuca even WANT two Batmen running around on the big screen. This could be the end for both Affleck and Keaton.

So many questions and they need to figure out the answer. My big thought is... does Zaslav and DeLuca even WANT two Batmen running around on the big screen. This could be the end for both Affleck and Keaton.

The ideal scenario for me would be they do away with The Flash… we only have Pattinson as Batman… Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam carry on in their own universes as well… we get new Superman and Green Lantern franchises. And that’s it for a while. No more DCEU cross over failures.

AQ2 was set after the Flash hence the cameo. The Flash drama and reshoots along with delays forced a change. AQ2 will come out first so the cameo makes no sense in context. It would be a Morbius situation all over again...

Shouldn’t even take them this damn long to decide what to do with the film. I’m an indecisive person, and I know what what I do in this situation: SHELVE THE FILM!!!
They should decide what to do now - and if they do decide to keep it, should have a plan of how to react in the case of each scenario that might present itself. These execs seem really incompetent. They aren't the first execs or managers to face issues with staff and crazy behaviour.

Shouldn’t even take them this damn long to decide what to do with the film. I’m an indecisive person, and I even know what what I do in this situation: SHELVE THE FILM!!!

They must realise the horrific backlash they'll get if they release a Flash film starring Ezra Miller, while killing off Batgirl.

I'm pretty convinced The Flash is going to get cancelled. They're just spacing out the announcements.

Neither were at SDCC. Now we know why.

I just wonder if anything else is going to get culled from DC's future plans.

They must realise the horrific backlash they'll get if they release a Flash film starring Ezra Miller, while killing off Batgirl.

I'm pretty convinced The Flash is going to get cancelled. They're just spacing out the announcements.

Neither were at SDCC. Now we know why.

I just wonder if anything else is going to get culled from DC's future plans.

Definitely Black Canary as that was to be on HBO Max, right?

Definitely Black Canary as that was to be on HBO Max, right?

Yep. I'd say that's a certainty. In fact. Looking at it, the only things that are safe in any way now (that haven't been made yet) are probably The Batman 2 and Joker 2 - and I'm not all that sure about them either. But everything that looked like it was being made for HBO Max? Dead.

Would you even get the cast back for reshoots to alter Keaton's involvement and reinstate Affleck. Would Miller be in the right state of mind? Would the cast even want to work with him, harboring some animosity?

I think Affleck stays. Keaton's Batman is likely done though.

Affleck filming his cameo doesn't prove anything.

On an island, no it doesn't. Paired with the Batgirl project being canned? Not saying it's a guarantee, but I don't blame anyone that says they see some smoke

Affleck filming his cameo doesn't prove anything.

Depends on whether he had fulfilled his contract to DC or if this appearance was a part of that. Not too mention that this far into both the production of Aquaman and the circus around Batgirl and the Flash we hear about Affleck from Mamoa and not an official or trade source, yeah, I think this means something.

It does seem strange that the Affleck cameo in Aquaman 2 leaked and we got the Batfleck reference in the Fury of the Gods trailer. I don't know that it truly means anything, but it's an odd situation all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"