The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

They're accused of being a pedophile my dude.

Yeah and literally no one is talking about it "my dude".

I didn't say I didn't think it was a big deal just that it isn't something anyone seems to care about right now...which is true. Since the trades stopped reprinting the story about it no one brings it up.

But hey thanks for the condescension much appreciated.

Yeah and literally no one is talking about it "my dude".

I didn't say I didn't think it was a big deal just that it isn't something anyone seems to care about right now...which is true. Since the trades stopped reprinting the story about it no one brings it up.
No one is bringing up Ezra Miller at all because they haven't been on the headlines in a bit and they're currently not being promoted on anything.
As soon as marketing kickstarts, not to get political but do you really think conservatives will let a non-binary Hollywood celebrity accussed of grooming go by the wayside when it's perfect foder for them? Do you really think that people on the other side of the political isle won't also throw **** at Ezra because of all the stuff they've done as well?

All this supposed calm about Ezra Miller and how everyone forgot about them is an illusion. No one has forgot any of their actions, it's just there's no reason for the larger public to talk about them right now.

No one is bringing up Ezra Miller at all because they haven't been on the headlines in a bit and they're currently not being promoted on anything.
As soon as marketing kickstarts, not to get political but do you really think conservatives will let a non-binary Hollywood celebrity accussed of grooming go by the wayside when it's perfect foder for them? Do you really think that people on the other side of the political isle won't also throw **** at Ezra because of all the stuff they've done as well?

All this supposed calm about Ezra Miller and how everyone forgot about them is an illusion. No one has forgot any of their actions, it's just there's no reason for the larger public to talk about them right now.
Based on what I've seen, American conservatives definition of grooming is different from what it actually means.

Based on what I've seen, American conservatives definition of grooming is different from what it actually means.
Whatever it is, the fact that Miller is non-binary and LGBTQ will cause them to attack them more than if it was a typical straight white cis male.

Whatever it is, the fact that Miller is non-binary and LGBTQ will cause them to attack them more than if it was a typical straight white cis male.
Oh totally. They find any exposure or representation of the LGBTQ community as grooming, which is why any legitimate grooming will most likely be downplayed in favor of their warped version.

Yeah it's the conservatives who are the real villains here lol. Not the child grooming freak.

tenor.gif

We should probably keep the politics out of it but there is definitely an overuse of the term "grooming" which is causing a lot of people to ignore it easier. It is harder to be outraged when just your affiliations these days get you called a pedophile.

That is not a commentary on Ezra in any way, just a fact. The fact that a certain group of people think anyone who is LGBTQ (let alone all of Hollywood) is a pedo is going to drown out all of the real evil.

Yeah it's the conservatives who are the real villains here lol. Not the child grooming freak.

tenor.gif
Yeah, that's what happens when a conservative political party decides to attempt a genocide on a group of people for simply existing. The major conservative party in the US has no concern about actual groomers, which is why it defends them on the regular. They just like to throw the term out to lead their attempted genocide of trans people.

Regular as clockwork, Skywalker. I just think it's gross how you guys are choosing to focus on a distant and pretty much totally unrelated problem, all because you guys find it discomforting to instead focus on the issue that's actually relevant to this subforum, i.e., Ezra being a groomer weirdo. No, instead we have to pretend like calling out Ezra Miller would just be cynical political posturing for the supposed purposes of stirring up hated, as opposed to, y'know, simply doing the right thing. Basically let's focus our attentions on something we're actually comfortable with hating on lol. It's a narrative that's so pathetically obvious and monumentally stupid, that only a Superhero Hype forum member could possibly swallow such garbage.

God some of you people on this site suck ass and are awful people

At this stage, I think nearly everyone in this thread is fine calling out the fact that Miller is a gross person. And I think it’s possible to both accept that reality and have reservations about how some in the US will use it to fuel a dangerously false narrative.

It’s possible to be disgusted at more than one thing at a time.

Last edited:
Maybe not for Bruce :o:o:o:o:o:wow::cwink:

I don't even think 99% of us are saying "wait and see" anymore it is just accepted they are not good purple and we wish they weren't involved in this franchise.

Grooming (and it also goes by other names) sadly is everywhere (to various degrees) in all our communities and it's disgusting.

Yes, some will look at those grooming from within said community and use it as an example of them all being groomers and bashing that community, which I would hope most people in society understand is not true. Same for religions and politics - each all have clear real world examples that can be manipulated that way.

Whataboutisms is not healthy though and each individual case should be viewed as that - in this situation, Ezra is not a spokesperson for anyone but Ezra Miller.

If Ezra has committed crimes, I hope justice is served and the victims are heard, supported and get to recover.

That's all we should be thinking...

A bad apple is a bad apple no matter what box they came out of.

Regular as clockwork, Skywalker. I just think it's gross how you guys are choosing to focus on a distant and pretty much totally unrelated problem, all because you guys find it discomforting to instead focus on the issue that's actually relevant to this subforum, i.e., Ezra being a groomer weirdo. No, instead we have to pretend like calling out Ezra Miller would just be cynical political posturing for the supposed purposes of stirring up hated, as opposed to, y'know, simply doing the right thing. Basically let's focus our attentions on something we're actually comfortable with hating on lol. It's a narrative that's so pathetically obvious and monumentally stupid, that only a Superhero Hype forum member could possibly swallow such garbage.

God some of you people on this site suck ass and are awful people

As you seem familiar with my postings, you should be aware of how I've spoken about Miller. Same with others on this site. If your concern is for victims, you should have no problem with people showing empathy for people who will be collaterally hurt by Ezra's crimes. A group so attacked, they are dealing terrorist attacks against them and those that try to aid them in the simple act of living. People are dying and If you can't give a moment's thought to them and how they will be effected, then yeah, that says what it says about you.

Oh, and yeah, I'm really comfortable with hating an attempted genocide.

This movie doesn’t really have a reason to exist anymore. It was created to usher in a new era of Walter Hamada produced films and now that’s out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"