• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

So the slowest trainwreck of the DCU is of the fastest man alive?

giphy.gif

Announced in 2014 when the DCEU hadn't even really started yet and now comes out in 2023 when the DCEU has been declared dead.

What if they cancel all marketing for this and sell it to Netflix or stream it on hbo and maybe a limited cinema release

A $200+million movie thats testing extremely well no less. I'm sure Gunn and Safran would like it shelved but the financiers and investors would never allow it.
Or use it to justify the clean sweep?

A $200+million movie thats testing extremely well no less. I'm sure Gunn and Safran would like it shelved but the financiers and investors would never allow it.

What happens if it's a success and people want more of Keaton, DCE elements etc? Imagine If Disney pay off certain people to praise this movie and question the moving forward with Gunn, epic trolling.

Or use it to justify the clean sweep?

This is my thinking - let the move turn a profit but in no way hype it as something that people will want more of - it' such a weird, DC moment right now.

They have all but announced a hard reboot, yet still have 3 movies potentially very profitable movies coming out along with the intriguing blue beetle.

What I would have done, being Gunn and co, I would have kept quiet about the DCEU and leave it as is - just not say a thing.

However, announce they are expanding the Reeves universe and showing us a superman that is on his earth that one day may cross paths.

That allows them to plan a reboot without saying it's a reboot - we see new Supes, a potential for a new WW, AM, Flash, Lobo all these other characters and assume that Batman is Pattison. In the mean time, plug the flash, aqua man, Shazam! 2 and once they are done, they can say, actually we like The batman in his own little bubble, let's just reboot and use the new superman movie as ground zero.

I am guessing they aren't going to spend a lot of money marketing the remaining DCEU SnyderVerse movies, so I don't know if this movie will do all that well in theaters.

I am guessing they aren't going to spend a lot of money marketing the remaining DCEU SnyderVerse movies, so I don't know if this movie will do all that well in theaters.
That's my thinking - they are not going to invest much more in these movies - they'll be inventive for the marketing that's for sure.

However, would it really surprise me if they did reshoots along the way to add a definitive end to this world? Does it even need closure?

Maybe reshoot the ending Sopranos style.

That's my thinking - they are not going to invest much more in these movies - they'll be inventive for the marketing that's for sure.

However, would it really surprise me if they did reshoots along the way to add a definitive end to this world? Does it even need closure?

Maybe reshoot the ending Sopranos style.
Or go full-on JLD: Apokolips War! :funny:

Well the movie is called The Flash. It’s not supposed to be a Justice League sequel. Ezra Miller is a horrible person. I get it. That’s the biggest problem. But even if it were someone else this movie is ironically insulting to The Flash as a character and film franchise.

So first trailer almost exactly 4 months before release. Starting promotion as late as possible.

Late and Expensive as hell...what do they think the movie will make?
Like on one hand they are holding off on the marketing incredible long, but then they pay for a Superbowl spot? Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"