The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Have we heard anything about whether the movie fits in with ZSJL? If wonder if the dialogue/situations completely contradict The Flash having already used his time travel powers? ZSJL?

Pretty ZSJL doesn't count and it definitely isn't referenced. It is not canon from what I can tell.

Have we heard anything about whether the movie fits in with ZSJL? If wonder if the dialogue/situations completely contradict The Flash having already used his time travel powers? ZSJL?

Out of curiosity… If Flash doesn’t manipulate time in the (canonical?) Whedon cut, what’s his contribution to that film’s climax? (I’ve only seen the Snyder cut.)

Out of curiosity… If Flash doesn’t manipulate time in the (canonical?) Whedon cut, what’s his contribution to that film’s climax? (I’ve only seen the Snyder cut.)

He doesnt do much in the Whedon cut, he saves a random Russian family in the third act and...thats about it.

After reading the accounts of people who've gotten to see it, the filmmakers did the smart thing and made references to JL vague enough that you can imagine the one you want in continuity. Since the basic story of both cuts are exactly the same, you can do like Aquaman did and only mention things that apply to either version.

Barry has an accidental time travel moment early-on in this film that leads to the idea of saving his mother--you can easily rationalize it as either his first time doing it, or that he never considered that time travel could be used to help his parents. Unless there's a line where he admits it's his first time (which nobody has mentioned), then it works either way.

And that works for me, because I hate ZSJL and enjoy the theatrical. Everyone else feels the opposite, but this way we both get to be happy lol

I'm curious how they handle Barry and Iris' scenes because in ZSJL they meet for the first time but shes completely absent in Whedon's. I wonder if in this movie they have already met.

For anybody who's seen this, does it reference any of the events from Batman Returns? Not after spoilers, just a Yes/No :yay:

giphy.webp

trash-gif.gif

I'm curious how they handle Barry and Iris' scenes because in ZSJL they meet for the first time but shes completely absent in Whedon's. I wonder if in this movie they have already met.

It's not really a spoiler but I will tag it anyways:

They went to college together but have not met as adults in this film. They meet at CCPD when Barry is leaving to prepare for his dad's hearing. You can tell they had a brief history in college which gets touched on when he travels back.

She does not meet The Flash in this so technically that part could still work but that all felt forced anyways.

Best to just ignore all aspects of ZSJL that film is not referenced and did not appear to count.

@Milk Tray Guy not that I remember but I might have missed something cause I was geeking out way too much!

It's not really a spoiler but I will tag it anyways:

They went to college together but have not met as adults in this film. They meet at CCPD when Barry is leaving to prepare for his dad's hearing. You can tell they had a brief history in college which gets touched on when he travels back.

She does not meet The Flash in this so technically that part could still work but that all felt forced anyways.

Best to just ignore all aspects of ZSJL that film is not referenced and did not appear to count.

@Milk Tray Guy not that I remember but I might have missed something cause I was geeking out way too much!

Does Barry discover his ability to time travel in this film? That alone would completely contradict ZSJL.

I think its SAFE to say this movie contradicts ZSJL the same way Aquaman does. It takes its own liberties with the characters and thats totally fine.

I think its SAFE to say this movie contradicts ZSJL the same way Aquaman does. It takes its own liberties with the characters and thats totally fine.

Does Aquaman contradict ZSJL besides Mera's accent and backstory being slightly different?

Does Aquaman contradict ZSJL besides Mera's accent and backstory being slightly different?
Doesn't Aquaman do the "talking in/under water" business? (I've only seen the movie once. And that was enough. :word:) Whereas, in ZSJL, an air pocket must be generated to make speaking possible. That would be a difference/contradiction.

As a fan of ZSJL (and Snyder’s DC work in general), I’m personally glad it’s not canon because I’m tired of hearing about the Snyderverse. And I think the way Snyder teases coming back to it is kinda annoying. The fact he got to finish his trilogy at all is frankly a miracle and fans of it should just leave it to rest.

But I also feel continuity within these universes is overrated anyway. There’s always contradictions. If the movie is good then I don’t really care.

As a fan of ZSJL (and Snyder’s DC work in general), I’m personally glad it’s not canon because I’m tired of hearing about the Snyderverse. And I think the way Snyder teases coming back to it is kinda annoying. The fact he got to finish his trilogy at all is frankly a miracle and fans of it should just leave it to rest.

But I also feel continuity within these universes is overrated anyway. There’s always contradictions. If the movie is good then I don’t really care.

100% with you. I love Snyder’s films but dont really cate if these other films follow his continuity. I’m glad they are doing their own thing. I dont get too wrapped up in continuity, its cool and everything but doesnt make or break anything for me so long ad the movies are good.

Am I crazy for missing the 90's/00's when it comes to superhero films? Yeah, it was all very hit and miss, but there was no real shared universe and it felt like each movie had more time to breathe in the marketplace.

Now I feel like studios are trying to cram 20 projects down my throat every year and you have to ''watch this one to really get'' the one that's coming out in three months time. It all very samey.

I was only really looking forward to Quantumania and Flash in terms of the superhero genre this year and frankly, that was only because of Pfeiffer and Keaton.

Last edited:
That’s what made The Batman so refreshing for me. No shared universe or setup for some other franchise, just a good ol’ Batman detective story, straight outta the comics. :hrt:

Yep, post The Flash, this is where my main interest lies. Seeing Matt Reeves and Pattinson doing their thing without worrying about or teasing in an end credit scene what James Mangold is doing with Swamp Thing.

Am I crazy for missing the 90's/00's when it comes to superhero films? Yeah, it was all very hit and miss, but there was no real shared universe and it felt like each movie had more time to breathe in the marketplace.

Now I feel like studios are trying to cram 20 projects down my throat every year and you have to ''watch this one to really get'' the one that's coming out in three months time. It all very samey.

I was only really looking forward to Quantumania and Flash in terms of the superhero genre this year and frankly, that was only because of Pfeiffer and Keaton.

I miss the years 1989 to 1992 when it comes to adapting comic book properties for the big screen... :halo:

No I miss those days too. I hate shared universes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"