The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Am I the only one or does Sasha actually look related to Henry Cavill and/or Russell Crowe? Given that Muschietti showed her the 'S' costume, that's obviously the Snyder version...

It was so sweet watching that Instagram video and watching her surprise and tears at getting the part.

Am I the only one or does Sasha actually look related to Henry Cavill and/or Russell Crowe? Given that Muschietti showed her the 'S' costume, that's obviously the Snyder version...

It was so sweet watching that Instagram video and watching her surprise and tears at getting the part.

I think they could be related. As far as the S, well they wouldn't make a new costume yet so i don't think that confirms anything

Yeah, I don't think we should read anything into that S costume. They just used that because it's the most recent one.

Speaking of costumes, I'm curious as to what the new Supergirl costume will look like. Will it be similar to the Cavill MOS costume or completely different?

And I do see some resemblance to Cavill and Crowe as if they could be related. Perhaps that is a positive sign for Cavill's future as Superman.

I think they could be related. As far as the S, well they wouldn't make a new costume yet so i don't think that confirms anything
that was a very specific suit.... it looked legit, why did he have it on hand? a t shirt could have easily have worked..... maybe there's a deeper reveal in that

If Kara Supergirl can now be a brunette, then Superman can be blonde. Wonder Woman can be a readhead. Batman can be bald.

No. There's no rule or law that says any of these characters have to look a specific way. Other than the tradition of how they have always looked since their creation.

Some characters have had different looks throughout their history (Catwoman and Lois, for example). With those characters, I feel there's more leeway.

But other characters, like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, have had consistent looks. With those characters, I don't think you should be changing their looks.

And I'd add to that Kara Zor-El Supergirl. As far as I know, she has consistently been portrayed as blonde. Google Kara Zor-El or Supergirl, and you'll see images of a blonde character across different versions and different media. Comics. Cartoons. Tv and Film. Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, is blonde.

it boils down to brand recognition.... do people see the pop culture icons we have grown up with?

Now, is it a deal breaker not to have blonde.... not for me... but it would be nice.

Now, is this going to be some statement - that you don't need to be fair and blonde to be a super... girl??? god I hope they don't use politics for this.

She can represent who she likes, via her great acting.... let that be the standard to judge, not what colour her stage props are.

Henry's suit has been collecting dust since 2017. I wouldn't call his suit "recent" at all

that was a very specific suit.... it looked legit, why did he have it on hand? a t shirt could have easily have worked..... maybe there's a deeper reveal in that

They wouldn't create a new suit until they get an actress. Cavills suit is the most recent, wB could've easily given it to the director to use for the video.

Henry's suit has been collecting dust since 2017. I wouldn't call his suit "recent" at all

What other Superman films have there been that we missed out on?

I guess Tyler's Superman suit is actually the most recent......haha.

Also, didn't the casting news say that the actresses didn't even know they were auditioning for the part of Supergirl? If so, I doubt they've made a new suit already.

Anyways, this picture of Sasha that's being used on the Supermanhomepage site gives me more of a Supergirl vibe than the other pics I've seen of her.

174EFE68-23C9-4412-B6E6-91DDE8CF39BC.jpeg

Just lighten her hair up to at least sandy/dirty blonde shade and boom! Supergirl!

it boils down to brand recognition.... do people see the pop culture icons we have grown up with?

Now, is it a deal breaker not to have blonde.... not for me... but it would be nice.

Now, is this going to be some statement - that you don't need to be fair and blonde to be a super... girl??? god I hope they don't use politics for this.

She can represent who she likes, via her great acting.... let that be the standard to judge, not what colour her stage props are.
Agreed.

Watched the video of her getting the role. Absolutely wholesome.

Not so wholesome, the SuperHeroHype front page comments attached to the article for this announcement. Never have I seen a more perfect reason to completely abolish the front page article comment sections. They attract the absolute lowest, most toxic, misogynistic and racist pieces of scum on the face of the earth.

Nothing would please me more than to see it go.

I would assume, based solely on the fact they released a video about it, that there are plans for Supergirl in one way or another. I doubt it is a small cameo and out. The Flash (or whatever they change the name to) is just a launching pad for what comes next.

They wouldn't create a new suit until they get an actress. Cavills suit is the most recent, wB could've easily given it to the director to use for the video.

What other Superman films have there been that we missed out on?
Since 2017, multiple actors on TV have worn different kinds of super suits. You also have the one from Shazam

I guess WB/the Muschiettis figure introducing ppl to The Flash and who he is has already been done on TV so the movie doesn’t need to do as much of that. But to get more ppl to care about Ezra Miller’s Flash and explore what his world is like, that’s more of what a movie titled The Flash should be. Like what they did with WW and Aquaman. We’ve already seen him as a wisecracker stumbling upon other ppls affairs.

Since 2017, multiple actors on TV have worn different kinds of super suits. You also have the one from Shazam

You don't take a tv costume that looks half baked when you have a movie costume and show it off for a movie. The Shazam Supes is a replica of Henrys suit

Yeah, I don't think we should read anything into that S costume. They just used that because it's the most recent one.

Speaking of costumes, I'm curious as to what the new Supergirl costume will look like. Will it be similar to the Cavill MOS costume or completely different?

And I do see some resemblance to Cavill and Crowe as if they could be related. Perhaps that is a positive sign for Cavill's future as Superman.

I think they'll keep that same style of suit honestly. Likely tweaks here and there though. I know Muschietti could've held up anything to show Calle she got the role, but idk. Lol

I'm really excited to see the visual style and overall design of this though. The four characters we know of now could possibly have some really cool, iconic suits. A new type of Affleck suit? A futurized/updated '89 suit? Flash's more streamlined suit (i really like that concept art), and possibly the elegance of Snyder's Kryptonian suits with tweaks? The entire '89 world? Everything.

I really like how palpable DC's design and environment usually feels.

When I first saw the pics of Sasha Calle, I thought she kind of reminded me of Selena Gomez at first.

Apparently, Selena rocked a blonde hairstyle at one point.

7b30f8386a2141db07c1_selena-gomez-blonde-hair.jpg

1ce099321a6c06b2a69e81ed057d4ebf.jpg

Personally, I think Selena looks stunning as a blonde. And I see no reason why Sasha couldn't pull of a similar hair color and look.

I think they'll keep that same style of suit honestly. Likely tweaks here and there though. I know Muschietti could've held up anything to show Calle she got the role, but idk. Lol

I'm really excited to see the visual style and overall design of this though. The four characters we know of now could possibly have some really cool, iconic suits. A new type of Affleck suit? A futurized/updated '89 suit? Flash's more streamlined suit (i really like that concept art), and possibly the elegance of Snyder's Kryptonian suits with tweaks? The entire '89 world? Everything.

I really like how palpable DC's design and environment usually feels.
I think whether or not they keep the same style as the MOS suit depends on whether they want a clean break from the Snyder/Cavill Superman or a continuation.

You don't take a tv costume that looks half baked when you have a movie costume and show it off for a movie. The Shazam Supes is a replica of Henrys suit
If this was a throwaway thing for just this 1 video, why not? There was no need to go deep in the closet and dust up Henry's old suit. Especially if you're trying to move away from his version of the character. Like previously said, a tv shirt would've sufficed

If this was a throwaway thing for just this 1 video, why not? There was no need to go deep in the closet and dust up Henry's old suit. Especially if you're trying to move away from his version of the character. Like previously said, a tv shirt would've sufficed
Even if that's Henry suit, I doubt that means Sasha is going to wear it. I mean, it's not like it would fit her anyways because it was designed for Henry nor would she screen test in it.

Also, in that video, they played the John Williams Superman music during the announcement, not MOS music. So should that be taken as a clue, too, that the new Supergirl is tied to the Donner films?

Even if that's Henry suit, I doubt that means Sasha is going to wear it. I mean, it's not like it would fit her anyways because it was designed for Henry nor would she screen test in it.

Also, in that video, they played the John Williams Superman music during the announcement, not MOS music. So should that be taken as a clue, too, that the new Supergirl is tied to the Donner films?
Beats me

I'm not buying into anything. I personally think they should've used Melissa's suit as a handing of the baton sorta thing

Beats me

I'm not buying into anything. I personally think they should've used Melissa's suit as a handing of the baton sorta thing
Yeah. Good point.

And also if Sasha were to do any initial costume screen testing, it would probably be Melissa's suit she'd wear. I believe Henry wore the Reeve suit when he did his initial costume test, didn't he?

I just think that suit in the video might have been the costume "on hand" or allowed by WB to use. Don't think we should read anything more into it.......yet.

I think whether or not they keep the same style as the MOS suit depends on whether they want a clean break from the Snyder/Cavill Superman or a continuation.

Yeah of course. Some theories are that she's a Supergirl from another world which is interesting and avoids all of that stuff. Not a bad idea. That wouldn't even really be a clean slate. But if she exists in the world that Flash and Affleck exists in, thrown off her trajectory to Earth, then that should be a continuation. We'll see how they approach it.

Yeah of course. Some theories are that she's a Supergirl from another world which is interesting and avoids all of that stuff. Not a bad idea. That wouldn't even really be a clean slate. But if she exists in the world that Flash and Affleck exists in, thrown off her trajectory to Earth, then that should be a continuation. We'll see how they approach it.
Yep. The multiverse does open up a lot of different pathways they could take with the character. And also gives them just enough of an out to explain why she doesn't look like the traditional blonde Kara Zor-El if they decide to go that route.

Regardless of what direction they take with the character, it sounds like she is going to be more than just a one-off cameo for the Flash film and will be an integral part of the DC film universe going forward. Most likely, the Flash film will lead to a solo Supergirl down the road.

IOW, Sasha is going to be THE film version Supergirl and hopefully for quite some time. That's why I think getting her character and look right is important. If she's more than just a cameo appearance, then she is going to further bring Supergirl into the mainstream, adding onto what Melissa has done over the past several years. But, there's certainly going to be a visual conflict if Sasha's Supergirl looks totally different than Melissa's Supergirl and comic/cartoon Supergirl normally looks. Especially if Sasha's Supergirl is actually Kara Zor-El.

Even if she's an entirely different Supergirl, like a Lara Kent daughter of Superman, that means you are going to have this "Flashpoint" Supergirl enter into the mainstream and in a sense "compete" with the traditional Kara Zor-El Supergirl. I'm sure there's going to be merchandise based on this new "Flashpoint" Supergirl. Perhaps she'll get her own comic title for awhile? How is that going to affect "regular" Supergirl in the DC comics?

I feel like the only real way to have an impact if she's from an alt earth is if that Earth has no Superman and how they address it since we've not seen DCEUs version before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"