The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

THR confirms Keaton and Affleck. Did I somehow miss the Affleck news?

Affleck has been known for some time now. The news came out last year

Felicidades a Calle :) Unless there are more Flash characters they should change the title. Like Flashpoint or Andy Muschietti’s DC Multiverse. B/c its seems like its more of that than a Flash solo movie.

Eh, everything that happens in this film will likely happen because Flash made them happen. The story still rests on his shoulders. It's still about him trying to go back to his mother.

Two Bats and Super-person will attract more eyes and give people things to talk about, but I can't just write it off as "not a Flash movie" because there's 3 other characters in the film.

I hope not. Fingers crossed they learned from trying to make Jessica Alba blonde in Fantastic Four... it did NOT look good. Better to stick with her natural colouring.

Alba looked fine when she dyed her hair.

I also hope she is blonde only because the DCEU....the look aesthics of their heroes? Everyone is brunette. Or a red head. They need some blondes up in there.

Well that was out of left field!

Glad to see a movie Supergirl. But, I really hope she's blonde. Because the character is........y'know........blonde.

Wonder if/how this Supergirl ties into Cavill's Superman or if she is from a different universe.

It is wonderful to see someone who is so genuinely moved by the prospect of playing one of our beloved characters.

[QUOTE="emielaen, post: 38477990, member: 174731"
Two Bats and Super-person will attract more eyes and give people things to talk about, but I can't just write it off as "not a Flash movie" because there's 3 other characters in the film.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally understand. Its like I’m glad this isn’t isolated from the rest of DC like Joker or Nolan or Reeves’ Batman. More of the crossovers Marvel is so good at. But as long as they have essential Flash characters like Iris, Barry’s CCPD ppl etc. & Zoom is the main villain not the Joker or Riddler.

That was heartwarming to watch

I'll vouch for her. She's a good actress with lots of charm, personality, and Spunk.
There are tons of clips of her on Youtube if people want to get a sense of her acting.

I whole heartedly wish her the best of luck, and I think she'll be a welcome addition to the Superman myths.

And in case any fanboys start complaining about her soap opera background, we should keep in mind, that Christopher Reeve was a soap actor as well. Ditto with Brandon Routh.

I hope not. Fingers crossed they learned from trying to make Jessica Alba blonde in Fantastic Four... it did NOT look good. Better to stick with her natural colouring.
It worked for Melissa Benoist though despite so many people being vehemently against it prior to her stepping into the role

Well this casting news is certainly random for me.

As for her hair color, she’ll be just as blonde as Barry. :yay:

Last edited:
I don't need her to be blonde. I'm fine with her being brunette if that's how they decide to go .

Already seeing racist attacks against her on social media. This is sad but not shocking.

Already seeing racist attacks against her on social media. This is sad but not shocking.

Yeah, unfortunately.
Then again, alot of the reaction in the geek community I've seen so far has been like:hubba:hmr:.

I've seen alot more acceptance than I thought I would.

Yeah, I thought it’d be worse than what I’ve seen. Most are just taken aback by the surprise.

I’ve seen more ppl worrying about Cavill than disliking this move.

But she earned this one. Happy for her.

It worked for Melissa Benoist though despite so many people being vehemently against it prior to her stepping into the role
Agree, but she's not latino so it worked for her. Sasha will be the first Latina Supergirl so I don't think it would be good if they gave her blonde hair and blue eyes. Embrace her natural shades.

Agree, but she's not latino so it worked for her. Sasha will be the first Latina Supergirl so I don't think it would be good if they gave her blonde hair and blue eyes. Embrace her natural shades.

Eh, there are blonde blue eyed latino ppl tho, so giving her a more comic accurate look wouldn't go against her latino roots. The blonde hair look would make her look even more out exotic outer world imo, kinda like Shakira.

Eh, there are blonde blue eyed latino ppl tho, so giving her a more comic accurate look wouldn't go against her latino roots. The blonde hair look would make her look even more out exotic outer world imo, kinda like Shakira.
Totally appreciate that... but she's NOT a blue eyed, blonde haired Latina so I don't see why she should be changed. I'm a bit biased here because I'm half Spanish and inherited my Dad's olive skin and dark hair/eyes. I never felt like I could identify with Supergirl or dress as her for Halloween because I look so different... so I'm loving the idea of a Supergirl who might look like me.

Totally appreciate that... but she's NOT a blue eyed, blonde haired Latina so I don't see why she should be changed. I'm a bit biased here because I'm half Spanish and inherited my Dad's olive skin and dark hair/eyes. I never felt like I could identify with Supergirl or dress as her for Halloween because I look so different... so I'm loving the idea of a Supergirl who might look like me.
she can't fly tho...... so, I guess they gotta fake that too... it won't disrespect her heritage by cgi'ing her fly...

The actress is representing her culture, by doing a damn fine performance... in make up, costume... so I wouldn't be too offended if she had light brown hair with blonde high lights...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"