The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Very curious to see who plays Nora. Chastain feels like an easy guess based on the character’s visual and her relationship with the Muschiettis... but that would almost be too easy.

Gotta be Chastain.
I wonder if Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang would be in this. He's one of the David Ayer Suicide Squad ppl back for James Gunn’s reboot. If so prob. a minor role.

I feel like the nature of the film won’t allow for an introduction of all the rogues before things go topsy-turvy, so I could see them bringing Boomerang back to battle Flash during the film’s opening and then once time has been ****ed, Boomerang gets the Citizen Cold treatment and is the hero of Central City.

If there are any of the police characters that work w/ Barry in the cast.....Andy Bean or Jay Ryan as David Singh.

Cavill probably won't be back then, at this rate 2024 is wishful thinking for a superman solo...

may as well recast the 40 year old cavil...unless, ofcoursr they double down.

I just watched Mama for the first time, and I was struck by how much the film’s climax gave me a Batman Returns/Edward Scissorhands vibe.

I’ll be really eager to see Muschietti tackle Burton’s Gotham.

I'm super curious as to the tone of this one. I know he said it'll be a mix of everything. It worked fine in IT. I haven't seen IT 2, but only really hear bad things. I've been meaning to see Mama forever.

New interview with Brandon Routh. Drops hints he could pop up in Flashpoint. Ryan Unicomb is still sticking with his story that WB and Routh have been in negotiations to return in a Superman role.

www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-flash-brandon-routh-superman-returns-dc/amp

Routh had always been quick to dismiss Superman news or a potential return. This is the first time he's talked in years of ever returning.

I'm super curious as to the tone of this one. I know he said it'll be a mix of everything. It worked fine in IT. I haven't seen IT 2, but only really hear bad things. I've been meaning to see Mama forever.

IT is awesome...IT2 is as awful as the first one is great. It was overly long and the ending was laughably bad.

IT is awesome...IT2 is as awful as the first one is great. It was overly long and the ending was laughably bad.

Sheesh. Lol how do you feel about Muschietti taking Flash over then?

Sheesh. Lol how do you feel about Muschietti taking Flash over then?

I feel fine because the issues werent really with him. The second part of the IT story just sucks. Go back and watch the original the ending is just terrible. (a common theme with Stephen King from what I am told) It goes from scary and creepy to sci-fi and stupid. Parts of it look more like Evil Dead than anything which just doesnt work with the tone. The characters become caricatures of themselves and it loses the charm. The need to try and explain everything (which again I dont think is on him but who knows I guess) totally ruined the film. Leave things fantastical that is what people are looking for.

My guess is Flash will be closer to part one. (or the early parts of 2 when the gang meets back up) The character moments in both are amazing and those relationships are what I am thinking will set the tone for Flash. Barry is a strong character but it is how he relates to the people and the world around him that make him special. If they dont get too into the weeds about the physics of what is going on it should work quite well because the kinetic nature of Barry in JL (leave aside opinions of that film) will fit perfectly with Muschetti IMHO. If he doesnt try and give every detail in every backstory and explain how impossible things are possible I think it will be a lot of fun.

I feel fine because the issues werent really with him. The second part of the IT story just sucks. Go back and watch the original the ending is just terrible. (a common theme with Stephen King from what I am told) It goes from scary and creepy to sci-fi and stupid. Parts of it look more like Evil Dead than anything which just doesnt work with the tone. The characters become caricatures of themselves and it loses the charm. The need to try and explain everything (which again I dont think is on him but who knows I guess) totally ruined the film. Leave things fantastical that is what people are looking for.

My guess is Flash will be closer to part one. (or the early parts of 2 when the gang meets back up) The character moments in both are amazing and those relationships are what I am thinking will set the tone for Flash. Barry is a strong character but it is how he relates to the people and the world around him that make him special. If they dont get too into the weeds about the physics of what is going on it should work quite well because the kinetic nature of Barry in JL (leave aside opinions of that film) will fit perfectly with Muschetti IMHO. If he doesnt try and give every detail in every backstory and explain how impossible things are possible I think it will be a lot of fun.

I agree entirely with not letting the scientific aspects boggle down the story, plot, or themes. I don’t need multiple scenes trying to explain time travel or the speed force. Just lay it out once and go from there. If they can balance the emotional weight of Barry’s story and the zaniness of the world and the powers, then they can make something pretty fun and fresh for an origin film.

The problems with IT 2 seem to be script for most people.

Imagine how hard the internet would explode if they did approach him and he ended up in a cameo.

They should do it...it would be hilarious and awesome!

Yeah I am not putting my faith in "Vulcan Reporter". Would be cool though.

Looks like Flashpoint will have to move up or down the calendar again, as Captain Marvel 2 moved to a November 11, 2022 release date.

I wouldn't trust any release dates until we know how 2021 shakes out. 2022 could have a lot of shifting if studios are forced to move next years films after moving this years films.

I just hope they include Reverse Flash bullying Barry as a kid.

"Do you remember that time you feel down the stares and broke your leg? Its was me Barry, it was me all along!"

At this (flash)point, what's on my mind is when will they actually start filming this instead of the release date. This should have been really made before Birds of Prey, Joker, WW84, Shazam!, The Suicide Squad and another Batman reboot. This is really looking like Gambit.

Since Lynda Carter is in WW84 I'm not goin to spoil the rest but since she's in there and then Keaton is coming back as Bruce Wayne/Batman and since we know Affleck is coming back via Snyder Cut...it makes me wonder who else will show up? I mean it wouldn't surprise me at this point if you had Michelle Pfeiffer or Anne Hathaway come back as Selina Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"