The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Not if you are over the age of 30...

Really doubt it. The Nolanverse seems to have completely overshadowed the Burtonverse in what everyone’s feels os the ultimate version of onscreen Batman. Bale’s Batman is also the first time the Bruce Wayne character itself got focus and didn’t feel like a guest appearance in his own movie

Would be great if WB/DC could get it together and do a multiverse film. Getting Keaton back is great, if you get Bale back that would he great. I know Smallville has its detractors, but if you get Welling (in shape) and in a Superman suit... people would love it. That Crisis clip of Smallville blew up on YouTube. Would be great for them to do something big like that, but I would hope it's well thought out and not so much like the Crisis TV crossover which was just random scenes thrown together. (Still kinda cool, but you know.)

Really doubt it. The Nolanverse seems to have completely overshadowed the Burtonverse in what everyone’s feels os the ultimate version of onscreen Batman. Bale’s Batman is also the first time the Bruce Wayne character itself got focus and didn’t feel like a guest appearance in his own movie
in your opinion... Keaton has some love amongst the fans and the collectors market.

Look you can have your opinion...but trust me Keaton is a different animal for many of us.

Bale is great but Keaton is like Reeve some of us grew up with them.

Unfortunately I don’t think Keaton moves the needle like what Bale would have. Especially in today’s time and audience.

I dunno, I really think that if we were given the choice, of Bale, his tumbler and bat wing... on screen... or Keaton, his bat mobile and bat wing... for me, I dunno I choose Keaton all day every day... esp as it gives bat fans old man bruce...

But, we'll see.

One thing I failed to appreciate at the time, just how young bale was. When Batfleck took over, they were same ages. It really did feel to me that they wanted MOS set in Bale's universe - hence the logo's on the satellites etc.

I said this before, over in Gotham, should have been nightwing played by JGL.

MOS2 should have mentioned nightwing, have Clark travel there to report on an incident related to it all - post credit have Superman on a rooftop after a tip off - they meet, talk and make a pact - infront of the bat signal.. with James Gordon looking on - as they talk, it's clear Alfred is listening in - Blake tells Alfred he's one of us, we see Alfred smirk, as the camera pans behind him and we see Bale sat at a desk, monitors everywhere, showing cctv of clark, Lois, shirt rip down an alley... "He'll need a better disguise than just glasses"
Cut to black.

Then have a nightwing movie where Bruce is in Gotham, under the radar, in the cave, pulling the strings for Blake - it's a glorified cameo.

then focus on a ww movie, flash etc... then adapt the death in the family story line where bruce takes another kid in, he becomes 'robin' without ever being called robin and gets killed by a villain, a joker impersonator..

For me, Keaton is a big deal... more so than Bale.
This. Although Bale's Batman just edges it over Keaton's for me, Keaton's Bruce Wayne easily outstrips Bale's. And as for their respective worlds, Keaton's/Burton's excites the comics fan in me more than Bale's/Nolan's does.

:up:

I don't think people get what a sea change Batman '89 was. Prior to that Batman wasn't the character he is today in the mainstream. Hell comics films outside of Superman 1 and 2 were not really a thing. (3 and 4 were liked by me but only cause I was young and they were on TV...a lot!) Batman '89 literally owned the entire summer. In an era when $100 million films were considered gangbusters in quadrupled that! Its week to week drops were in the 20s percentagewise most weeks. It didn't drop out of the top ten at the box office until the middle of September. It did all of that with no lead in film (unlike say TDK which had Begins) and changed the landscape.

Batman was everywhere and became an icon in part because of that filom.

For me, burton's batman ( Keaton) is what you get with unbelievable, supernatural aspects introduced in to it.

Bale and nolan's batman is what you get if a real world batman COULD exist.

Both are great in their own way.

I just prefer the unbelievable supernatural aspect.

The Flash didn’t need an origin movie, the show is pretty widely known, and easily consumed due to being on Netflix and other streaming services. When you see people wearing Flash shirts in the real world, it’s not because of Ezra Miller’s tepidly received portrayal. It’s because of the comics and the show. The time for a straight Flash origin movie was 10-15 years ago. In all honesty, the movie should have been made in ‘06 with Goyer and Reynolds.

They can still do it now. I mean that’s what I expected- Muschietti could use Bill Skarsgård &/or James McAvoy as anyone in the rogues gallery. But no, Michael Keaton and Batman sell tickets.
TV series is popular but thats all it is - a soap opera CW show not an epic WB blockbuster Flash was meant to be.

WB can't help themselves.
It's like with batman and Superman, every film made just has to retell their origin.
I fully expect the Batman to retell it again, and if we get a rebooted superman in the next few years, they'll re-tell his yet again.

Everybody and their brother knows their origin story, there is no need in retelling them over and over again.
But, it is what it is.

A solo Flash movie was doomed the second they cast Ezra Miller. He wouldn’t have signed on for it, but I wish they could have convinced Ryan Gosling to play The Flash. He was in the early concept art for Justice League.

I've thought since first seeing Miller's Flash in BvS that he wasn't charismatic enough to carry a solo film. Whatever else may have played into WB's decision to go with Flashpoint, I feel that's a part of it. With a different actor from the start I think a true Flash solo would have been at least a little more likely.

Jesus, he's aged. First time I saw Fabian was in The Last Exorcism (2010). He looks like he's aged twenty years since that film.

There just gonna make Ezra himself as Reverse Flash? Just a waste. Yeah Ezra Miller is less than an ideal Flash. But a movie more about Central City & supporting cast from around there. Its too much of a part of DC to say ‘watch the tv show its not worth doing a movie about.’ & DCs big problem has been only doing Supes and Bats movies for so long. They are wasting another opportunity to remedy that.

imagine if the flash movie ended with Barry waking up, walking to the bathroom to brush his teeth and boom, it's a different actor....

Let's say it was Gosling.... boom....

Jack Quaid would be perfect. Ezra was the wrong move.
anyone at this point would be perfect... what I find interesting with the whole miscasting, is the concept Snyder had for lex.. that whole thing was a mess... but even the concept they had, they totally miscast for that... Ezra could have been a better lex (that portrayal) - spoilt rich kid, never been told no... super smart but no social skills.... jealous of superman etc...

The way he acts in public is always very annoying... fair enough it's his life, but when you think the respect others have of their roles, Ezra just mocks it.

I feel like every time I come into this thread thinking there’s news, I just come out with Ezra Miller recasting suggestions. I gotta say folks, I don’t think they’ll be recasting them and it’d be nice if we could move on.

Not even that. You only have to look at a small pool of YouTube reaction vids to see how Gen Zers are also going wild with excitement at the prospect of seeing Keaton back. It feels odd to use such archaic internet lingo in saying what I'm about to say, but the OP was being a Nolanite fool who's still stuck in 2005, frankly. :funny:

The Flash didn’t need an origin movie, the show is pretty widely known, and easily consumed due to being on Netflix and other streaming services. When you see people wearing Flash shirts in the real world, it’s not because of Ezra Miller’s tepidly received portrayal. It’s because of the comics and the show. The time for a straight Flash origin movie was 10-15 years ago. In all honesty, the movie should have been made in ‘06 with Goyer and Reynolds.
The show is not the same as an MCU movie. Marvel characters with just as much if not less name recognition as Flash have been in their own solo movies. For years WB/DC only gave us Superman and Batman movies while every Marvel character got their own. Just because Ezra Miller sucks isn’t a reason you can’t world-build with Central City.

I feel like every time I come into this thread thinking there’s news, I just come out with Ezra Miller recasting suggestions. I gotta say folks, I don’t think they’ll be recasting them and it’d be nice if we could move on.
it's not out of the realm of possibility that they are aware that for some, Ezra is wrong for the role... both n terms of off screen shenanigans and on screen application... he has also already played him across multiple movies - BVS, JL, SS, now flashpoint... they have an idea of how he is received, where the character may go... that they may change things up moving forward, ala Batfleck written out, Cavill, seemingly on the dust pile for years (although i think there is a nice surprise in store) and new characters bought in...

It amazes me really, standing here looking in at the DCEU how much of an unorganized mess it is... failed ip's, retcons, push backs, they didn't have a clear vision from the start, besides Snyder...and they didn't stick with it and tried to course correct...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"