Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying a movie has flaws, isn't a good review. A good review will judge what the movie intended to accomplish and judge whether or not it was successful or not.

For example, John Carter was a very ambitious film, but it failed in accomplishing a coherant story because the main character is just running around doing things, there seems to be a lack of emotional connection, the story changes drastically in tone from act to act.

I say that just for example, not to start a John Carter debate, if you like the film. But just using it as a reference of a film that didn't sit too well with the general audience.

There are also films that I think are terrible, but end up making a crap-ton of cash (see Transformers).

I can guarantee you when Batman vs superman is out alot of people will be disappointed.
Same thing with every other comic book movie

We really need ALL super hero movies to be great. Everyone in here wants the genre to continue to grow and get better. Id rather BVS be mind blowing than not.

The headaches man.... Gah I don't know what to believe. "Really disappointed, such a messy plot and dialogue was awful. Could've been so much better. 9.5/10".

Just like in Basketball where if you're LeBron James or Kobe Bryant you get the officials to make calls your way, than if your some journeyman in the league, films get brownie points from previous installments. TDKR is a prime example of this.

This is the one instance where I'm glad the movie is released overseas before the USA. These reviews are doing a lot to temper my expectations.

Now, instead of going in expecting greatness at or exceeding that of TA, I'll just expect to be adequately entertained. Anything more than that will be gravy.

We really need ALL super hero movies to be great. Everyone in here wants the genre to continue to grow and get better. Id rather BVS be mind blowing than not.

Yes, no doubt about that.

Last edited:

To quote Syndrome from the Incredibles "If everyone is special, then no one is."

I hear where you're coming from. This film will be certified fresh, but to expect it to be a gem is probably hoping for a bit too much. When Avengers was the ultimate game changer, I knew this movie was going to have it's work cut out for it.

Age of ultron is like sex
if you think it's good, it really is good
but when you think it's bad, it's actually still pretty good

Well said Vision, very true.

Last edited:
haha Little Spidey!

I actually expected AOU to be a game changer. But it doesnt sound like it is. Now I just want to see a fun Marvel movie.

Saying a movie has flaws, isn't a good review. A good review will judge what the movie intended to accomplish and judge whether or not it was successful or not.

For example, John Carter was a very ambitious film, but it failed in accomplishing a coherant story because the main character is just running around doing things, there seems to be a lack of emotional connection, the story changes drastically in tone from act to act.

I say that just for example, not to start a John Carter debate, if you like the film. But just using it as a reference of a film that didn't sit too well with the general audience.

There are also films that I think are terrible, but end up making a crap-ton of cash (see Transformers).

I know I'm going to like it. Period. How do I know this? Simple. I'm a lousy critic and love all things Comic Book, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi (Oh yes....excluding Stinking piles of $#!tformers). I could care less whether it's better, worse, or the same as TA, TWS, or anything else and I don't give a whit about what the critics think. It's going to be fun and I'm going to see it more than once as I really want to see how the Cinemark XD theaters stack up to the new TCL Chinese IMAX projector. So if people want to worry, go ahead. I'm going to slam some mimosas and have a good time. :jd:

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but as the end of this part of the thread is nearing, seems like a good time for me to begin my Age of Ultron board hiatus since reviews and more detailed discussions about the film are starting to pop up. So to all I say farewell for now (until May 2nd) or else I will see you in other forums around SHH :)

:cec:

Mahvel: Watch, ANT MAN is gonna get 100% Rotten Tomatoes. I have a feeling its gonna surprise everyone.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but as the end of this part of the thread is nearing, seems like a good time for me to begin my Age of Ultron board hiatus since reviews and more detailed discussions about the film are starting to pop up. So to all I say farewell for now (until May 2nd) or else I will see you in other forums around SHH :)

:cec:

I was thinking the same thing this morning, but am having a hard time tearing myself away.....

I think this particular thread is doing a good job at being spoiler free and vague but I get it.

In all seriousness everyone should tone down their expectations. Most of you know how pumped I was for this and while still being a fun movie it didn't break any new ground.

Hard to break ground with anything anymore.

I'm hoping Civil War will, since we've never had a Marvel movie that seriously looks at the implications of superheroes (we've only got small tastes of it in Iron Man 1-2).

If AOU doesnt break new ground, I dont expect any other MCU films to. I really just want fun, geeky MCU live action at the end of the day. Like DAREDEVIL. We've all seen those vigilante stories before but that show was really excellent.

CDMwuwVUsAEdSbl.jpg:large

My favorite poster so far LOL.

Just read a Twitter review by someone I expected to hate it. They loved it, raved about the action sequences and character portrayals by Joss.

*falls off chair*

Why do people even care so much about the negative reviews? Everyone likes to tout how great the reviews for Avengers and Winter Soldier were but now that they're not as good it's suddenly "These idiots don't care about comics and don't know what they're talking about!"

Why don't people just enjoy the movie on their own personal level and not stress over what everyone else thinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"