Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

"There are more than a dozen extinction level events even before the dinosaurs got theirs. When the earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it and believe me, he's winding up"

"You know this church is built in the exact centre of the city. The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that. The geometry of belief"

I loved the way he talked in the movie.

I love that they didn't really alter his voice at all. Keeping it natural was the best way. I love Spaders voice.

Marvel's man is Tulsa native Jeremy Latcham, executive producer of 'Avengers' sequel
MICHAEL SMITH said:
Jeremy Latcham spends much of his time hanging out with the coolest guys in the universe.

He was always popular. You don’t become student body president at Union High School, as the 1999 graduate was, without having a lot of friends.

But now he counts among his closest pals this lineup: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and the Hulk. Not to mention Peter Quill, Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

Latcham is senior vice president of production development for Marvel Studios. He’s the executive producer of this summer’s most anticipated sequel, “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” as he was for the first film and also last summer’s hit “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Latcham is one of the major players in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

He’s one of Hollywood’s most respected young executives, and at 34, he’s already been part of Marvel’s braintrust for several years, becoming the on-set manager of 250-million-dollar productions.

This can mean umpteen-hour days and spending months on end with his wife out of the country for shooting (11 months in London, Italy, South Korea and more on “Age of Ultron”).

And yet, when he talks Marvel movies, he still has the youthful enthusiasm of a teen planning a pep rally for Union’s Friday night football game.
So who are his best buds, the fun bunch: the Avengers or the Guardians?

“Oh, wow, they are so different that I think of them like (“Guardians” director) James Gunn does, that if the Avengers are the Beatles, the Guardians of the Galaxy are the Rolling Stones,” Latcham said in a phone interview last week.

“The Avengers get to do things that you can’t do in any other movies, with these gigantic set pieces that are earned because you have such iconic characters,” he said.

“ ‘Guardians’ was such a risk, with no idea how people were going to respond to it, and I ended up at a place where I thought, ‘I want people to love this as much as I do,’ you know?” he said of the film full of unknown characters that the public embraced completely.

Getting to the bottom line: Which of these groups, at the end of the day, is Latcham hanging out with and having a beer?

“Well, it’s probably the Avengers because I’ve known them for so long, and they are a pretty fun-loving group,” Latcham said of the heroes last seen following up a winning battle for control of the universe with a sit-down dinner of shawarma all around in “The Avengers” post-credit scene.

“It’s funny to be talking about this because there is this great scene in the first act of ‘Age of Ultron’ that finds them all having beers, and you really feel that camaraderie. That’s what I’m talking about.”

Latcham’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” responsibilities extend well beyond filming to include marketing concepts and post-production efforts and movie premieres.

He attended the latest premiere with his three favorite ladies: his wife, Aileen Erin, the author of the popular young-adult series of “Alpha Girl” books; his mom, Kristi Latcham, No. 1 cheerleader of his career, along with his dad, Greg; and his grandmother Doris Hopper who still lives in Oklahoma in Perkins.

“Seeing my grandmother walk down that red carpet and meet the stars — she couldn’t believe it, and I just loved it. She had such a good time,” Latcham said.

He added how thrilled he was to include her in the event following the recent death of his grandfather John Hopper, a career educator who assisted in forming the first vo-tech schools in Oklahoma and who served as superintendent of Central Vo-Tech in Drumright for more than a quarter century.

“He was very important to me and a really big influence on my life,” Latcham said.

“I’ll always remember him telling me that I could do anything, and he didn’t think my idea to try to make movies in California was crazy at all.”

From helping out on filming a Mazzio’s Pizza Dippers commercial in Tulsa to interning at indie studio Miramax to winning a car on “The Price is Right” to pay for a second Hollywood summer internship — he has his own great Hollywood story — Latcham has climbed the ladder quickly and confirmed his grandfather’s faith in his abilities.

He’s earned his stripes as one of the key Marvel lieutenants working for Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios. Latcham is increasingly the Marvel representative who talks to the media about Marvel films.

His words reveal his knowledge of that universe but no secrets.

So what’s new in this “Avengers” movie? To start with, a breathless beginning. They are the Avengers, and they apparently need no introduction after their mega-success first film.

“The movie starts off with an action-packed scene, and they are all together helping each other in battle, and it is epic,” Latcham said.

“That first shot is continuous for like 1 minute, 20 seconds of just nonstop action, and it is incredible.”

He’s excited about the film’s heart, action and surprises. He’s thrilled with the work of writer-director Joss Whedon, and he paid an ultimate compliment to the man who’s moving on to other projects after directing both “Avengers” films.

“I think he writes the best version of Thor. I think he writes the best version of Captain America. That’s how good he is,” Latcham said of Whedon’s distinctive voice.

“I’ve spent much of the last five years with him, so it’s going to be weird to not be getting calls and texts from Joss about the movie.”

Latcham will move on to spend the better part of the next few years working on the sequels.

He said he will continue as executive producer on “Avengers: Infinity War — Part I” and its sequel, the third and fourth films teaming up Marvel’s superheroes and set for 2018 and 2019.

The two movies will film back-to-back in Atlanta, meaning several more years that Latcham will spend with his friends in high places — like Asgard and beyond.

'Age of Ultron' Producer on Film's Ending: 'People Are Going to Say, "Oh My God!"
Marvel producer Jeremy Latcham says the Avengers movies could go on indefinitely, telling Yahoo Movies: “We could stay here forever. It’s fun. Why would you leave?”

Kevin Feige & Jeremy Latcham Give More Character Backstory to Captain America: Civil War

NY Magazine: Marvel Cinematic Universe Romantic Comedy: "Vulture Remix" Episode 20

With the next stage of the Marvel ascendancy coming with the newly teaser'd and ever-so-bromantic "Captain America: Civil War," we decided to envision a world where the Avengers gave up on the world-saving and just went full romantic comedy on us.
[YT]OSKb4Z5iLYE[/YT]

hehehe a buddy of mine found this
9jHgdZy.jpg

I always wondered why Cap went into the battle without his helmet.

Never even thought about it until now, but after that deleted scene it all makes sense.

At the beginning of the movie we also see Sokovia's citizens protesting against the Iron Legion and some Iron Man graffiti on the wall. Clearly they don't like capes. BTW has anyone noticed that the Legionnaire in the first scene already has Spader's voice? In the italian version it has a different voice than Ultron,but when I saw the movie in english the voice sounded familiar. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
HMMM I had NOT noticed that FA. Going to have to watch it again today just for that lol

Yeah. It just didn't make sense that Cap would ditch his helmet when going to war. This would've explained that plus it would also have been a funny bit.

HMMM I had NOT noticed that FA. Going to have to watch it again today just for that lol

Yeah it's basically James' kind and soft voice compared to the one he uses for Ultron. Explains where Ultron gets his awesome voice.

At the beginning of the movie we also see Sokovia's citizens protesting against the Iron Legion and some Iron Man graffiti on the wall. Clearly they don't like capes. BTW has anyone noticed that the Legionnaire in the first scene already has Spader's voice? In the italian version it has a different voice than Ultron,but when I saw the movie in english the voice sounded familiar. Pretty cool.

yeah noticed the bolded on my first first viewing, not noticed the none bolded before though.

I just thought I would point-out something cool that I discovered last night at the end of the film prior to the New Facility scene.

When Barton gets back home to his family, you can see his kids on the couch reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid".

Just thought it was a fascinating little cameo...

Yeah. It just didn't make sense that Cap would ditch his helmet when going to war. This would've explained that plus it would also have been a funny bit.
He thought: if lame normies like Widow and Hawkeye can go to war with their pates totally exposed, I, a super soldier, can too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"