The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
itchyscratch: Congratulations! Glad bebe is fit and well and already being factored into your Avengers movie schedule.

Oh tthats right! Congratulations on the baby? Boy, girl? If you don't mind me asking, sorry, it excites me, I can't wait to be a father one day.

Thank you, thank you!! I'm also waiting for the Avengers storybook to come out. Gotta have a good bedtime story for him!

Jaqua99, he's a boy. Also, don't let anyone tell you that newborns don't have personalities. This guy came out, and he's basically identical, in every single way, to his dad LOL!!

With the exception of Hemsworth right? He seems really big. And how does the camera add weight? Im not doubting, I literally am asking because I want to know how. That really just wows me, because I consider myself thin. Toned, but thin. Evans never struck me as Thin. At all.

Im shocked

But, didn't he say that for captain america he bulked up to 200lbs? I'd say he looked about that in the movie. and for 6 feet, 200 pounds is pretty solid.

Hemsworth looked huge when I met him, but in Thor he looks even bigger.

Yes, photos and video make everyone looks noticeably bigger/thicker than they are IRL. When you're photographed or filmed a naturally three dimensional image is "flattened" giving the illusion of added width. That's why actresses who are usually 110 lbs soaking wet with hardly any curves look voluptuous in movies.

Here's the Details magazine shoot Suzanne mentioned:

chris-evan-shirtless-details-magazine-11.jpg

Yes, photos and video make everyone looks noticeably bigger/thicker than they are IRL. When you're photographed or filmed a naturally three dimensional image is "flattened" giving the illusion of added width. That's why actresses who are usually 110 lbs soaking wet with hardly any curves look voluptuous in movies.

Gotcha, but see this is my point. I am, pound for pound, around 10 or so pounds smaller than this, and like I said, I am about 165, 5'10. Could be my eyes, but in this image, a guy 6 feet tall, this seems like a man of about 185 pounds or so. Or is it still because its a picture?

Last edited:

Mmm-hm... yeah.

Wouldn't kick him out of bed :word:

Thank you, thank you!! I'm also waiting for the Avengers storybook to come out. Gotta have a good bedtime story for him!

Jaqua99, he's a boy. Also, don't let anyone tell you that newborns don't have personalities. This guy came out, and he's basically identical, in every single way, to his dad LOL!!

Awe thats fantastic, I wanna have a boy and a girl someday. Preferably with the daughter being older

Gotcha, but see this is my point. I am, pound for pound, atleast 15 pounds smaller than this, and like I said, I am about 160, 5'10. Could be my eyes, but in this image, a guy 6 feet tall, this seems like a man of about 185 pounds or so. Or is it still because its a picture?

I didn't say he WAS 10 - 15 lbs smaller than me (at 185) I said he looked 10 - 15 lbs smaller. Given his added height it's a proportionate aspect ratio. Meaning if he was my height he would be that lower weight.

Regardless, you should be well away that no actor or actress looks on film the same size they are in real life. They are noticeably smaller in the later. Plus, cinematographers have special filters and camera tricks to add an extra oomph for height and musculature spotlighting when need be. It's movie magic, as you can see in ^ picture :yay:

I didn't say he WAS 10 - 15 lbs smaller than me (at 185) I said he looked 10 - 15 lbs smaller. Given his added height it's a proportionate aspect ratio. Meaning if he was my height he would be that lower weight.

Regardless, you should be well away that no actor or actress looks on film the same size they are in real life. They are noticeably smaller in the later. Plus, cinematographers have special filters and camera tricks to add an extra oomph for height and musculature spotlighting when need be. It's movie magic, as you can see in ^ picture :yay:

Gotcha, the pound for pound thing. So yeah thats logical then. But yeah, I see, next time I wanna post some myspace pictures for the ladies, I'll keep that in mind :p

Evans was a legitamate 215-220 at his heaviest while filming Captain America. He looks a bit lighter in the Avengers, maybe 15 pounds less.

Evans was a legitamate 215-220 at his heaviest while filming Captain America. He looks a bit lighter in the Avengers, maybe 15 pounds less.

No way in hell. Christian Bale was between 220 - 190 lbs when he filmed Batman Begins and he's 6'2 (Source). Chris Evans is 6 even. If he weighed 215 lbs be would have looked fat or like John Cena.

This is Bale at 210 lbs. You're saying Evans weighed MORE than this? No way.

christian_bale_shirtless-chest-batman-terminator-beefcake.jpg

EDIT: Here's an undoctored set photo of Evans at eye level. No flexing. No hard light contrast. Anyone who works out religiously will tell you that this physique on a 6 lb tall man is nowhere near 215 lbs

chris-evans-captain-america-the-first-avenger-new-york-city-set-03.jpg

Last edited:
I actually DO think Evans in CA:TFA looked bigger than Bale in that picture, partially because Bale seems to naturally have a slighter build than Evans. Also, according to IMDB, Bale is actually .5" SHORTER than Evans. Pretty much every source I've seen says Bale is 6' even.

Last edited:
I actually DO think Evans in CA:TFA looked bigger than Bale in that picture, partially because Bale seems to naturally have a slighter build than Evans.

Most people refer to the one scene in the film where he's shirtless after the super soldier procedure. Movie magic at it's best :yay: and it did the job. For example, if they had left him shirtless when he chased after the saboteur people wouldn't have remembered his eye popping physique in that scene. There was actually an article in a movie make up magazine where they detailed how much foundation and post production air brushing went into that one scene.

Congrats Suzanne! I have two kids myself so I definitely know what you're talking about. :yay:

As for Evans, I understand that his physique in CA:TFA was probably exaggerated with movie magic and all that jazz, but he still looks to have trained well for his body, not not owned all of it to filters, airbrushing, and Photoshopping. There's no way that any normal person can really look like a Super Soldier without a little help so some "enhancements" are needed, not to take anything away from Evans.

Last edited:
No way in hell. Christian Bale was between 220 - 190 lbs when he filmed Batman Begins and he's 6'2 (Source). Chris Evans is 6 even. If he weighed 215 lbs be would have looked fat or like John Cena.

This is Bale at 210 lbs. You're saying Evans weighed MORE than this? No way.

christian_bale_shirtless-chest-batman-terminator-beefcake.jpg

EDIT: Here's an undoctored set photo of Evans at eye level. No flexing. No hard light contrast. Anyone who works out religiously will tell you that this physique on a 6 lb tall man is nowhere near 215 lbs

chris-evans-captain-america-the-first-avenger-new-york-city-set-03.jpg

Ah, you are correct sir. I never realized how light Evans was before he bulked up for CA.

Oh yeah, he totally arrived! Healthy little super soldier he is too! Thanks for asking :woot: We've already worked out the Avengers viewing schedule and who's staying home with the baby on May 5th, between the husband and I. Priorities people :cwink:

Congrats, Suzanne! :yay:

Oh yeah, he totally arrived! Healthy little super soldier he is too! Thanks for asking :woot: We've already worked out the Avengers viewing schedule and who's staying home with the baby on May 5th, between the husband and I. Priorities people :cwink:

Congratulations Suzie. :up:

Most people refer to the one scene in the film where he's shirtless after the super soldier procedure. Movie magic at it's best :yay: and it did the job. For example, if they had left him shirtless when he chased after the saboteur people wouldn't have remembered his eye popping physique in that scene. There was actually an article in a movie make up magazine where they detailed how much foundation and post production air brushing went into that one scene.
I'm not talking about that scene, I'm talking about behind-the-scenes stuff like this:

chrisevanscaptainamerici.jpg

chrisevanscaptainamerick.jpg

He looks at least as big as Bale in Equilibrium to me. Bale in Reign of Fire, however, may be a different story. It's been a while since I've seen that, but I seem to recall him being more bulked up for that than Equilibrium. The set photo you posted above of Evans was from the after-credits scene when he was shooting Avengers, and he was definitely lighter there than in CA:TFA. Although that may have been your point...I'm a little fuzzy at what that is since I didn't go back and look at the beginning of the conversation (my bad), lol. I was just pointing out that, to me, Bale in Equilibrium and Evans in CA:TFA look to be about the same weight.

EDIT: And congrats, Suzanne!

Last edited:
Plenty of conflicting sources on Bale (and he himself has said 6'):

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Christian-Bale-721.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000288/bio

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_is_Christian_bale

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-weight-and-height-of-the-actor-christian-bale

I'm also more inclined to believe it because whenever you see him next to the 5'9" Tom Hardy and JGL out of costume, there's no way he could be 6'2". I mean, Hugh Jackman is famously 6'2" and he's definitely taller than Bale:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2649/218ekfh.jpg

The 6'2" thing probably just got misreported once, then repeated as those things do. He's the same height as Evans.

Those Wiki and IMDb links don't cite sources so there's no telling who put the info there there (user aggregated).

Two of the links I posted cite the actors as stating their height. Doesn't get more clear than that. If you can find Evans or Bale stating that they are different heights please let me know.

Regardless, Evans is not taller than Bale and he in no way weighed more in Cap than Bale did in Batman Begins.

Ohh there are similarities in these two pics. [BLACKOUT]Looks like the same wall/room. [/BLACKOUT]

avengerscbmexclusive4.jpg

photol8.jpg
Looks like a walkway leading away from the arc reactor towards the platform Loki is on, maybe they're using the arc reactor to power a bridge to Asgard?

I'm not talking about that scene, I'm talking about behind-the-scenes stuff like this:

chrisevanscaptainamerici.jpg

chrisevanscaptainamerick.jpg

He looks at least as big as Bale in Equilibrium to me.

Like I said earlier, comparing set photos with poor lighting and movement (flexing) doesn't give you an honest representation of muscle tone. Look at the photo of Evans I posted to see what I mean.

Also, what does Equilibrium have anything to do with it? Bale drops and adds massive amounts of weight per role. The comparison was Batman Begins and Captain America physiques (a debate that is already over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"