The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
you sure of that order. certainly wouldn't work now since ironman 2 teases thor.

That was the order the films were supposed to be filmed and released in, which would mean major story structure for Iron Man 2 would have been different from what we got.

Didnt even see the tread manager coming. :p

..i tried to catch him before he got here but by the time i posted the thread was closed =(

damn thread manager! :argh:

damn now it's all difficult to quote things. i'll just say thanks for the interesting details captainrogers.

Got this for playing that Hershey's instant-win game

hersheysmarvelposter2.png

That was the order the films were supposed to be filmed and released in, which would mean major story structure for Iron Man 2 would have been different from what we got.

i think the success of ironman and some problems getting thor going probably changed the order rather than disney involvement. so ironman 2 went to the tent pole position and thor and avengers were delayed a year.

While Zola was a decent scientist, I think he had an easier task: the Tesseract was already active. When Howard Stark retrieved it later, it seems to be inactive. Maybe Red Skull's "death" drained it, maybe sitting on the bottom exposed caused it to leak energy.

About a suit teased in TFA: They teased a suit? I didnt catch that.

i think the success of ironman and some problems getting thor going probably changed the order rather than disney involvement. so ironman 2 went to the tent pole position and thor and avengers were delayed a year.

Thor experienced a extra year of pre-production delay. From what I heard MS was willing to take a year off from releasing films to keep that same timetable but with Disney now on board they were pushed to have a summer 2010 released. Which caused a rush in production, forced rewrites and a an overall feeling that Iron Man 2 wasn't a "complete" film. Obviously it wasn't, because it was supposed to be a direct build up into The Avengers.

About a suit teased in TFA: They teased a suit? I didnt catch that.

the first shot of zola is through a lens that makes him look like his face is on a screen.

edit: wow first time i've seen that easter egg ^

And there came a day. A day unlike any other. When the Hype couldn't deal with the length of it's threads. And on that day... The Thread Manager was born.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other. When the Hype couldn't deal with the length of it's threads. And on that day... The Thread Manager was born.

the legion of lag was vanquished that day. but for how long?

While Zola was a decent scientist, I think he had an easier task: the Tesseract was already active. When Howard Stark retrieved it later, it seems to be inactive. Maybe Red Skull's "death" drained it, maybe sitting on the bottom exposed caused it to leak energy.
How are you coming to that conclusion? The level of the Cube's 'inactivity' is basically the capacity of the user to tap into it's power. The Cube is unlimited power (as Fury mentioned at the end of THOR), there is no draining it. As such, it is as much 'inactive' now as it was at the moment the germans retrieved it from the viking structure where it had been hidden.

think cap damaged it and it was less glowey at the end than at the start of TFA. looks undamaged in thors after credits scene so it can repair itself? would it always melt through things if not properly stored?

Well the robot that Stark used to retrieve it didnt get burned, neither did it burn through anyone's hands

Poni_Boy said:
If things had gone according to plan pre-Disney merger it would have been:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Ant-Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
The Avengers

Wait, what makes you say that? The Disney merger occurred at the end of 2009, and right after TIH was released Marvel announced their slate and, other than the dates, the order of films all the way through to The Avengers was identical to how it's been.

think cap damaged it and it was less glowey at the end than at the start of TFA. looks undamaged in thors after credits scene so it can repair itself? would it always melt through things if not properly stored?

I think that activity you saw at the end of Caps movie was because power was being actively syphoned from it until that point.

beautiful painting! I'd love a high res photo of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back