• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really would be tissed off if they scrapped Hawkeye and Widow. I'd much prefer to say bye to Hulk, seeming as he was never really IN the Avengers full time.

IF THEY WERE TO SCRAP ANY CHARACTERS IN THE SEQUEL IT WOULD PROB BE ONE OF THE MORE EFFECTS HEAVY ONES. REPLACING HAWK OR WIDOW WITH A DIFF EFFECTS HEAVY CHARACTER WILL RAISE THE BUDGET A BIT, BUT REPLACING HULK WITH SAY GIANT-MAN AND THE BUDGET WOULD BE RELATIVELY THE SAME.

-DOOM :doom:

going by feiges comments, I don't think hulk is going anywhere....

IF THEY WERE TO SCRAP ANY CHARACTERS IN THE SEQUEL IT WOULD PROB BE ONE OF THE MORE EFFECTS HEAVY ONES. REPLACING HAWK OR WIDOW WITH A DIFF EFFECTS HEAVY CHARACTER WILL RAISE THE BUDGET A BIT, BUT REPLACING HULK WITH SAY GIANT-MAN AND THE BUDGET WOULD BE RELATIVELY THE SAME.

Honestly I want to see Hank, Jan, and Panther in Avengers 2 so I wouldn't mind seeing them scrap Hulk and BW to make room for those three.

Feige said that Hulk probably won't have a sequel which kind of throws a monkey wrench into things, so Hulk might stay on the team due to him not having another sole.

Is there some reason they have yet to rate this thing? The MPAA can't quite figure out how to word "non-stop sci-fi action violence?"

I may be wrong on this, but i believe once you choose a rating for a film, it somewhat restricts your ability to advertise.

For example, if the movie earns a PG-13 rating, then it probably couldn't be advertised on Nickelodeon, or during certain daytime hours. Even if the eventual PG-13 rating prohibits certain children from seeing the movie, they will at least buy the toys and action figures associated with the movie.

So with that considered, I believe the MPAA holds off on solidifying the rating until the full media blitz has run its course.

I'd only be okay with them getting rid of hulk if he gets his own sequel. I'm interested in seeing an ant man and wasp portrayal, but I'm more interested in black panther too.

My ideal roster for Avengers 2 would be...

- Cap
- Thor
- Iron Man
- Black Panther
- Hawkeye
- Giant Man
- Wasp

I'd only be okay with them getting rid of hulk if he gets his own sequel. I'm interested in seeing an ant man and wasp portrayal, but I'm more interested in black panther too.

I don't get why everyone wants the roster to be changed after 1 movie...especially to replace Hulk with pym when it sounds like he is the icing on the cake of Avengers! I'm pretty sure the last one they will change after this movie will be Hulk;

Hulk seems like he'll be a big audience favorite so getting rid of him may not be such a good idea.

My guess is that the sequel will have largely the same cast. Maybe one addition.

How can you get rid of Hulk? Also why change anything? If RDJ is still interested, keep going with the same cast. Maybe a new addition. The thing to avoid is overcrowding with powerhouses. Thor, IM, Hulk, and Cap should be the main stars.

I FEEL THAT THE ONLY WAY WE'LL GET HANK OR JANET IS IN A AVENGERS SEQUEL. DONT THINK THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO HAVE THEIR OWN SOLO MOVIE, BLACK PANTHER ALSO

You guys think that Hawkeye could appear in Thor II like Black Widow is appearing in Iron Man 3?

Eh, in my opinion the Pyms and Black Panther have much more to contribute to the Avengers than Hulk & Black Widow.

That isn't a slight to either Hulk or BW, it's just that what they bring to the table that outweigh what either of those two have to offer.

I won an early screening comp - I'm seeing this on Tuesday.

Losing the Hulk to the Pyms would feel like a major step down for me. I don't even care how it was in the comics at this point - in the MCU, the chemistry of this group is perfect, and Banner is a big part of that. I'm all for adding one more to join the fun next time like Black Panther or something, but getting rid of such a major player like Hulk right now would be a mistake, imo. Especially since there seem to be no plans for his own franchise to continue. He belongs in these movies as far as I'm concerned. I could take or leave the Pyms.

Losing the Hulk to the Pyms would feel like a major step down for me. I don't even care how it was in the comics at this point - in the MCU, the chemistry of this group is perfect, and Banner is a big part of that. I'm all for adding one more to join the fun next time like Black Panther or something, but getting rid of such a major player like Hulk right now would be a mistake, imo. Especially since there seem to be no plans for his own franchise to continue. He belongs in these movies as far as I'm concerned. I could take or leave the Pyms.
LOSING THE HULK FOR GIANT-MAN WOULDNT FEEL LIKE A STEP DOWN TO ME. JUST THE SIGHT OF HANK GROWING TO SKYSCRAPER SIZE BUT STILL WORKING WITH THE TEAM TO DEFEAT THE ENEMY WOULD BE ON PAR WITH HULK SMASHING STUFF

With the Pyms you have to look at the big picture it's not just about the characters themselves, no Pyms means no Ultron, no Vision, no "I hate being a superhero"/I love being a superhero" dynamic between Hank & Jan.

I know it might not seem like a big deal, but Ultron is the quintessential Avengers villain and Vision is one of the quintessential members.

I agree, especially since according to Feige we are not going to get Hulk 3, at least in the near future. Therefore, I think it is imperative that we get Hulk in The Avengers 2, and given the fact that he has emerged as a fan-favorite according to many feedbacks from the advance screenings, I think it is a bad idea to drop the Green Goliath. Besides, they can still add the Pyms while keeping Hulk, but unfortunately either BW or Hawkeye may have to go to make some room, unless Whedon (if he returns) can figure out how to add members without subtracting character development.

They're not going to get rid of Hulk after this movie. Nor should they.

They need to keep this same 6 person team. Maybe add a Black Panther or a Ms Marvel if they can make it work. But other than that, the entire point of this movie was the team building camaraderie, throwing that out feels like a major mistake.

LOSING THE HULK FOR GIANT-MAN WOULDNT FEEL LIKE A STEP DOWN TO ME. JUST THE SIGHT OF HANK GROWING TO SKYSCRAPER SIZE BUT STILL WORKING WITH THE TEAM TO DEFEAT THE ENEMY WOULD BE ON PAR WITH HULK SMASHING STUFF

Nah, there's something visceral about watching The Hulk SMASH! Obviously adding Hank and Janet might make the cast a bit unwieldy, but I really loved the Hulk in the Avengers and if I'm not getting another Hulk film, I'll take him in The Avengers. I'm sure Marvel knows exactly what they're doing and the Pyms (if they are to be introduced) will be done in the proper manner.

Well Hulk doesn't really HAVE to leave to make room for the Pyms, but as an Avengers fan he and Black Widow are the weak links in terms of history with the team.

Looking back on all of The Avengers history, Hawkeye is just as important as Hank & Jan so I don't want to see him go anywhere.

How about for Avengers 2 they have a totally new Avengers team with 6 different characters

Roster could be something like

Spider-Man
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Panther
Wolverine
Scarlet Witch

If don't like that roster just change to something else

The villain would be Ultron created by Pym

Thanos would again be behind the scenes in some way leading upto the mother of all sequels

Avengers 3

The two teams team up to take down Thanos :woot:

Look at Star Wars OT

Star Wars - Build camaraderie
Empire - Test camaraderie (with new player Lando added)
Jedi - Everything comes to a head

I think that's a pretty good model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"