The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Can’t please everyone. Lol the “it’s WB soo…” will be some people’s take no matter what they do.

I'll take the one we got

Reeves already said this suit has been used from the beginning which is why it’s worn out.

Yeah, so much of this suit is just awesome that I really don't want a new suit. I love the way that Reeves has described the suit as a character in and of itself telling the history of Batman's career to date with the scratches, damage, and upgrades made. While I would love to see further upgrades and classic features added over the course of the trilogy, I do not want a whole new suit at all. I want the core suit and most of its features to remain the same throughout the trilogy, it is just too good.

I just want Reeves to take his idea of the suit as a character forward in making minor upgrades and added features to this existing suit as Batman gets better at what he does. For instance, maybe replacing the utility belt, gauntlets, and other peripheral features over time like how Aragorn added certain things to his costume over the course of the LOTR trilogy (eg. the Evenstar, Boromir's gauntlets, the cloak from Lorien, the chainmail from Helm's Deep, and last Anduril). His core costume stayed the same throughout the trilogy but it received certain story-based upgrades and additions as the quest progressed and grew more epic.

Yeah, so much of this suit is just awesome that I really don't want a new suit. I love the way that Reeves has described the suit as a character in and of itself telling the history of Batman's career to date with the scratches, damage, and upgrades made. While I would love to see further upgrades and classic features added over the course of the trilogy, I do not want a whole new suit at all. I want the core suit and most of its features to remain the same throughout the trilogy, it is just too good.

I just want Reeves to take his idea of the suit as a character forward in making minor upgrades and added features to this existing suit as Batman gets better at what he does. For instance, maybe replacing the utility belt, gauntlets, and other peripheral features over time like how Aragorn added certain things to his costume over the course of the LOTR trilogy (eg. the Evenstar, Boromir's gauntlets, the cloak from Lorien, the chainmail from Helm's Deep, and last Anduril). His core costume stayed the same throughout the trilogy but it received certain story-based upgrades and additions as the quest progressed and grew more epic.

10/10, exactly what I want. Captain America's suit post Age of Ultron in terms of how that changes/evolves is a great example of how I want the suit to change. I want it to look like it's the same suit, but just gradually refined, upgraded and generally evolved overtime. Keep certain elements, like the cape collar and the general style of the armoring to keep it identifiable as the same suit. I'd be good with certain elements like the symbol and gauntlets becoming more "traditional", though.

Always really ****s me how they upgraded Cap's suit every damn movie. Makes all the sense in the world with Iron Man, constant tinkerer, has to be cutting-edge with every little advancement out there, but Cap? Once they got to say Age Of Ultron with that modern-day non-S.H.I.E.L.D. suit, should have left it there. Guy with his trusty shield, so long as he's wearing the red white & blue at that point he wouldn't care.

The First Avenger's the best suit (and movie, I'll fight ye!) anyway. :ali:

Here (not "here" here as in this movie, but over the series) I think an update could make sense though. This is his scrappy non-fully-formed phase, paying his dues and on the learning curve. Maybe toward the end of a second movie Patts-Bats could lean more into the iconography as he's embracing that more-complete, less-brutish, more-focused-and-noble Batman persona. Maybe still armored but under a gray bodysuit, more prominent symbol, yadda yadda.

For now though, this one fits great.

The idea of Villeneuve doing futuristic city Batman because he made a movie with a futuristic city just feels lame imo. He's way too good to do Batman Beyond or any superhero movie, he shouldn't be tied into this stuff and definitely not something that's superficially aesthetically similar to a past movie of his. His filmography is too diverse for him to get fit into a box and that's what this would do.

2049 is totally different from Incendies and Enemy and Sicario, etc. It just feels like a very Internet-y thing to ask the best directors working today if they want to make a superhero movie, like leave them alone lol imo

It's the same idea as people who wanted Fincher for The Batman. Think outside the box, get someone who's truly hungry to do it and comes at it from a totally different perspective, not just established directors whose movies sort of fit a superficial aesthetic that a Batman movie might have

This. Yeah, the "Villeneuve for Batman!" or "Nolan for Bond!" type stuff always struck me as the same logic/approach as when fans are fancasting Cranston for Luthor or whatever. It could very-obviously work , but you just know it's based on the fact the directors have done so much similar-vibe stuff previously and Cranston's played an uber-intelligent bald dude.

Reeves is like...we all know he's a goddamn talented filmmaker, but he was hardly "Obvious McObvious Obviousington in glaring red lights" for it. You hear it for the first time and you're like "hmm, that's pretty inspired", not "well that's expected, awesome as it is".

I will be shocked if its not the last panel again like last year. Looks like Black Adam will be a BTS kind of trailer.

Is there a way to know when everything will end? Is there a schedule somewhere?
Watching from Europe, hope it won't last till 4/5 am

I believe it’s scheduled for 6 - 10pm UK time.

Im looking forward to like 7-8 panels so time should fly, very excited.

There was new footage in the that fandome trailer too.

Yeah I didn't spot any new footage from that video.

It's the bit where Battinson is blown back by an explosion. I'd guess.

Yeah didn't notice any new footage, maybe a new angle or something

just watched the new fandom trailer - the explosion looks slightly different from the batman trailer from a year ago, thats all.
like you see more of the initial explosion.

we need the new trailer now cuz we are analyzing little bits and pieces. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"