The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

1992 - Batman film w/ Catwoman
2012 - Batman film w/ Catwoman
2022 - Batman film w/ Catwoman

Seems like years ending in 2 is the pattern.
Best thing about this Catwoman is that she can return. Pfeiffer’s Catwoman was a big part of my childhood even though one and done, while I thought Hathaway’s had a lot of promise and needed another film with more focus. Zoe’s has already had a good focus and intro in the first film and there is no reason she can’t come back.

Just wow. What a truly incredible and special film. Absolutely loved it. Exactly what I thought it would be and so much more. This movie had everything going for it. From the story, the acting, the cinematography, the sound design, the musical score.

Gotham felt so alive and lived in, it was its own character. Such a great look and design to it.

The acting across the board was excellent. Rob was perfect as Bats/Bruce. The rage, the hurt and the pain. His back and forth with both Selina and Gordon was excellent. Zoe was wonderful as Selina and brought a lot of emotion to her. Dano was amazing as a unhinged Riddler. Very much John Doe from Se7en vibes but more mentally unstable. Colin as Penguin was impeccable between the makeup and him really embodying that character, you don’t even realize it’s him. The others like Gordon, Falcone and Alfred were all also great and added a lot with their scenes and character interactions. Just all the acting delivered.

The cinematography was gorgeous. The lighting and the use of putting things out of focus in certain scenes was something else. Giacchino’s score was *chefs kiss* it adds so much to the film. One of his best scores. The sound design was off the charts especially in scenes like the Batmobile chase. I saw this in DOLBY. Theater was shaking with the sound and I **** you not I had goosebumps that entire chase sequence. It was incredible.

The tension and tone of this film overall was again exactly what I wanted. Mixing two of my favorite things true crime with Batman. The mystery thriller aspect of it all obviously as we’ve said like Se7en and Zodiac, the perfect fit. Especially for someone like Riddler and our favorite detective.

Reeve’s and co knocked this out of the park. And I cannot wait to see where else they go now. Give me more of this world they’ve created. Asap. I am so excited to dive into this with you guys and discuss every little detail.
You and I share the same thoughts! This is everything I wanted this movie to be and it just gets better and better upon repeat viewings. I freakin love it, and I can't wait to see this world expand more and more.

Also no spoilers here obviously, but can we talk about how great the riddles themselves were?
I haven't seen the movie yet..
But, I saw some people criticize the riddles.
So,I am glad that you liked them.

The riddles were phenomenal. They weren't oversaturated and there was just enough for them to remain impactful, and scary. Plus Danos horrifyingly good performance elevated it. He's my definitive live action riddler.
Honestly the way he spoke in some scenes gave me flashbacks to collecting the Riddler trophies in the Arkham games and the Riddler challenges in Arkham Knight, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay to Dano. The guy really did his homework and made the character his own.

Honestly the way he spoke in some scenes gave me flashbacks to collecting the Riddler trophies in the Arkham games and the Riddler challenges in Arkham Knight, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay to Dano. The guy really did his homework and made the character his own.
FANTASTIC!
I simply cannot wait until I see this,Tomorrow!

I simply cannot get this movie out of my head. At all. I am constantly thinking about it since leaving the theater. And for me as a Batman fan and when it comes to these films I really hate making the comparisons. But I can’t help but say it hasn’t been like this for me since TDK. That’s all I’ll say haha.

And I am someone that loves and enjoys every Batman film for different reasons. And I am a fan of the BvS directors cut. But this movie is on that special level that TDK was. As far as I am concerned personally. But again I hate comparing because that’s not my style.

Seeing it tonight!

homer-simpson-woohoo.gif

Well....it's time. Or it will be in just under 3 hours. I feel like I did in 2008 before TDK. My stomach is turning into knots with anticipation. No longer will I be on the sidelines when it comes to discussing this film. I think my body is ready....

thinking-thoughtful.gif

Well....it's time. Or it will be in just under 3 hours. I feel like I did in 2008 before TDK. My stomach is turning into knots with anticipation. No longer will I be on the sidelines when it comes to discussing this film. I think my body is ready....

thinking-thoughtful.gif

First two scenes gave me those TDK feels.

I think WB was real stupid to not release any trailers for Black Adam, The Flash, or Shazam with this. Instead we get Super Pets w/wacky Batman preceded with the complete opposite lol.

Was there any scenes in the film that you noticed were likely done post-COVID shutdown?

For instance, I wondered that during the memorial scene because it seemed (to me) that Bruce's hair outside was longer than it was once he was walking inside.

Then it was longer again once he was in the actual memorial room.

So I was thinking about this film in comparison to the Nolan trilogy, and feel that the Nolan films brought the comic books into the real world, whereas this film brings real life into the world of the comic books. If that makes sense.

Was there any scenes in the film that you noticed were likely done post-COVID shutdown?

For instance, I wondered that during the memorial scene because it seemed (to me) that Bruce's hair outside was longer than it was once he was walking inside.

Then it was longer again once he was in the actual memorial room.
I honestly didn't notice at all but now that you mention, I'll be looking for that in my next viewing haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"