• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgot I had this saved to a playlist. Since it looks like Reeve's is already taking some inspiration from the '66 Batman, it'd be awesome if Giachinno incorporated that theme in a dark way too.

This artist managed to get Neal Hefti's original theme in (around the 1:00 minute mark) and it sounds awesome.

Here's what I don't like about this theme. Done this way, it sounds like Men in Black. To be frank, I hope that Giacchino avoids this.

The Raimi Spider-Man films were able to pay homage to 1960s Spider-Man because it was Spider-Man and not Batman. Also, they kept those renditions in the closing credit. That classic 1960s cartoon theme was only played at the end of the closing credits. And then the Michael Buble cover was played in the closing credits for Spider-Man 2. Other than that, Raimi, Elfman and Christopher Young didn't really use the classic theme.

As for Homecoming and Far From Home, the only instance of the 1960s theme was the Marvel Logo and the trailer for Far From Home. It was never part of the actual movie as far as I recall.

But this orchestral 1966 Batman IMHO just doesn't work for me. Sounds like MIB Part 5 music and not Batman music.

For Batman you need that mix of gothic, brooding and heroic. Elfman captured that better than anyone else.

Last edited:

He looks a bit more muscular

Look at his stubby little legs! Batman?! More like RAT-BAT! AMIRITE?!

latest

/s

Here's what I don't like about this theme. Done this way, it sounds like Men in Black. To be frank, I hope that Giacchino avoids this.

The Raimi Spider-Man films were able to pay homage to 1960s Spider-Man because it was Spider-Man and not Batman. Also, they kept those renditions in the closing credit. That classic 1960s cartoon theme was only played at the end of the closing credits. And then the Michael Buble cover was played in the closing credits for Spider-Man 2. Other than that, Raimi and Christopher Young didn't really use the classic theme.

As for Homecoming and Far From Home, the only instance of the 1960s theme was the Marvel Logo and the trailer for Far From Home. It was never part of the actual movie as far as I recall.

But this orchestral 1966 Batman IMHO just doesn't work for me. Sounds like MIB Part 5 music and not Batman music.

For Batman you need that mix of gothic, brooding and heroic. Elfman captured that better than anyone else.

Hmmph, I don't hear MIB at all but I'm stuck on the last bit toward the end. You are correct Elfman captured gothic and heroic the best though :up:

Hmmph, I don't hear MIB at all but I'm stuck on the last bit toward the end. You are correct Elfman captured gothic and heroic the best though :up:

I get that 1960s Batman is beloved and all that, but I don't really see that Batman in this version. I don't see the point in using that theme. Now like, I could see some fun visual references, IE the William Shakespeare bust, the red phone, etc.

Yeah, I'd like some hard-boiled detective story pulpiness in there, but I don't want the goofy campiness of 1960s Batman.

This theme has too much like MIB mirth in it. It works for MIB because MIB is an action-comedy. I almost hate to steal a quote from Frank Miller but Batman isn't funny. And I don't mean you can't have jokes or one-liners, but I don't want a live-action Batman comedy. Leave that to the LEGO schtick.

The 66 Batman theme and main hook of the MIB are just basic 12 bar blues progressions. I mean, it's pretty likely that Elfman just lifted it whole sale for MiB lol.

We won't get into the "homages" in his Batman score.

Lol, listen y’all, I was just thinkin Giachinno could throw a tiny little nod to the ‘66 theme in there as something that inspired the overall score.

Like how directors, Reeves here, might draw from a plethora of comics and graphic novels to ultimately tell his Bat story.

Last edited:
It's cool that someone did that, and they did a nice job of it. But yeah, that needs to stay far away from the movie haha. It has too much of a "oh that's cute, I see what they did there" vibe. We've already gotten a taste of the musical direction for the film, and it's super broody.

Somethin' in the way...

Keoghan snapped this pic to distract himself, if only for a moment, from the Reeves/Pattinson screaming match that was no doubt taking place in the background.

Nah, I thought he was taking that pic to commemorate where he was when Pattinson and Kravitz were "busy" in the batmobile

Lol, listen y’all, I was just thinkin Giachinno could throw a tiny little nod to the ‘66 theme in there as something that inspired the overall score.

Like how directors, Reeves here, might draw from a plethora of comics and graphic novels to ultimately tell his Bat story.

Personally, I'd love to see a clever nod to the 66 theme. It's one of the best TV theme songs, and an iconic part of the character.

Keoghan snapped this pic to distract himself, if only for a moment, from the Reeves/Pattinson screaming match that was no doubt taking place in the background.

He has the look of a man who is about to make a video all sad because Mommy and Daddy are fighting!

Why must the Reeves/Pattinson Feud destroy families!1!!1!

:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"