The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could've sworn "key cast members" have been signed on for multiple movies in The Batman lineup since a year ago. I'd be kinda surprised if that didn't include Pattinson.

They likely already have Pattinson secured for three films. It's par for the course with franchises like this.

Reeves is the one that may be film-to-film.

Was there any non-absurd, 4chan-esque alleged stuff? Outside of the super vague "they don't get along" that held no weight?

Most of the stupid stuff is coming from Doom****. They're started making crap up after The Batman dominated DC Fandom. For some reason people from the Geeks and Gamers group have something against this movie. Youtuber Midnight's Edge thinks Matt Reeves force Ben to quit. Of course you got WeGotThisCover spreading the lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
My main assumption is that they're giving more credence to Pattinson potentially being in a slightly worse mood than they should. Dude's wearing an all black costume under studio lights for at minimum a couple of hours, I'd probably be a bit cranky too. Hell, that's a rite of passage almost for most of the actors playing Batman.

Doesn't mean he's a diva threatening to quit the set because certain people still think Battfleck will be a thing/desperately want it to be a thing.

Well... This is Warner working on a DC property so... :o

Hah.

I actually kind of hope any contracts they've signed include some generous contingency clauses. Not because I think Reeves or Pattinson are likely to put out a bad movie, but because WB has burned itself repeatedly by getting ahead of themselves. WB really should establish as good practice to never sign contracts that "force" a sequel even if the first movie doesn't justify it.

There's no way Alfred will look that old when Bruce is 30ish and considering the large age gap in the Nolan trilogy has already been done (Michael Caine was 72 for Batman Begins). I guarantee Serkis will just look like himself and he'll be more hands on and less-butlery than usual. Serkis is 56 and that's more than good enough of a gap for a 30 year old Bruce imo. I'm expecting more of a tense brotherly bond than what we've had before, like Earth One

I agree. But making Serkis up to look older would not automatically be a misstep or cause for confusion, either.

2aworvL3jFvu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back