The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just DC for me. Most excited I’ve been for a movie period. And I reached levels of...shaking while sitting in my seat during TDKR lol. I also have to blame that 70mm IMAX screen for that one though.

Yo, TDK 2008, was the first time i ever leaned forward in my seat due to immersion. Went on to see the movie 6 times in theaters.

Yo, TDK 2008, was the first time i ever leaned forward in my seat due to immersion. Went on to see the movie 6 times in theaters.
Yup, same. That experience was insane, and I remember actually shaking too. Ever have it be so quiet in a theater you can hear a pin drop? That's how it was for my theater during the hostage tape scene.

And The Batman for me is easily the most excited I've been for a comic book movie since TDKR as well. It's gonna be really special.

Its funny, I love Batman Begins and TDK (TDKR was a step down imo, but still great). But comparing the vibes for Reeves-verse and Nolan-verse... it's almost as drastic as the difference between Nolan and Burton.

Not to say a difference in realism. That's not the point I'm making. But a difference in tone/intensity.

Truthfully it all comes down to that trailer for me. The Nirvana cover and the Riddler interpretation and Battinson's mercilessness and mental break... Reeves seems to have a lock on a story he wants to tell. But maybe I'm just hyping myself up.

I'm truly excited to see the story unfold. And hoping it goes well. Reeves is a phenomenal director. I really enjoy his work with PotA and Cloverfield. And Pattinson is young afterall. Maybe we get a really complex Batman series out of this. *crosses fingers*

Yup, same. That experience was insane, and I remember actually shaking too. Ever have it be so quiet in a theater you can hear a pin drop? That's how it was for my theater during the hostage tape scene.

And The Batman for me is easily the most excited I've been for a comic book movie since TDKR as well. It's gonna be really special.

Oh dude, YES. I remember it being that way too in my screening. It was legit uncomfortable, but in the best way. "LOOK. AT. ME." Dead silence from the audience. I actually get chills thinking about it.

Oh dude, YES. I remember it being that way too in my screening. It was legit uncomfortable, but in the best way. "LOOK. AT. ME." Dead silence from the audience. I actually get chills thinking about it.
haha same! It was like a combination of being terrified and yet couldn't make a sound. Everybody was just in awe at the magic we were witnessing on screen.

I was only 8 years old when I watched TDK in theatres and I still remember the absolute stillness from everyone during the truck chase with the batpod

I'd give a lot to go back to that day, but at my current age.

But even in the normal version of that image brightened, it looks like there's a reflection in front of Bruce

I guess there's one scene in The Batman we wont get...

9IA19Jj.jpeg

It looks like Bruce is just opening a case or a bag where he keeps his suit. He’s either on the go or probably in a part of the Batcave where he keeps it.

It’s either the batcave or in church. But it’s not some workout room. It’s clearly a prep room of sorts.

I can't even tell what's going on there. Looks like Robert Pattinson's chin in some sort of Saw movie.

In trailer that shot looks like him pounding on that glass with the cowl at his feet. My thought seeing it then was Bruce possibly was in some kind of trap, a scenario similar to the Cape and Cowl Conspiracy episode of the animated series

I have a feeling this version of Bruce will be mentally unhinged, possibly on the verge of mental illness. I could see Pattinson wanting to push it as far as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"