The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s silly but I’d love to see Chief O’Hara and Aunt Harriett in this series.

I’d be more interested if Carrie Kelly was the first Robin (with a few alterations) and Greyson being more of like a little brother to Bruce and eventually start his career as Nightwing. I don’t want Bruce adopting anyone.

If we don’t get Robin in this trilogy, I’ll be really upset. That story needs to be done better than Batman Forever or (ew) Titans

I'm pushing for Star Wars Kid to become the new Robin.

star-wars-kid-o.gif

I hope Reeves is the director with the stones to finally give us Robin. Not one who’s already dead or legally named Robin. Too much pussyfooting around utilizing one of the most crucial characters in the Batman lore. I like Brenton Thwaites, but my boy deserves better than Titans, I’ll be honest.

Give me a flying graysons nod at the end of this movie and set up Robin for the sequel. I will accept no less!

giphy.gif

Batman Forever did pretty good with Robin IMHO and Schumacher had the stones to actually have him say "Holy rusted metal Batman".

If Reeves introduces a much younger child that Bruce adopts I would hope he skips ahead a few years and casts someone older that looks like they could actually assist Batman on the streets.

I never understood how some 12 or 14-year-old Robin could realistically (even mildly) be of any help.

My guess is they’ll introduce Dick in the second movie in a reasonable sized role and by the beginning of the third he’ll be Robin.

I really do believe they have to advance the story a few years at a time to coincide with Rob’s age. A 38 year old playing a 20 something Bruce seems odd. Or a 41 year old (which is what he’ll be by the third movie...same age as Keaton in Batman Returns). So it’s wise to jump 3 years like in real life, between movies. Gives you a chance to be more realistic with casting (especially for Robin), easier for spin off projects to have some breathing room and helps the story move along.

Name drop Harvey Dent in The Batman. Sequel starts with Batman in year 5. Opening montage: rise & fall of Dent via news clips. Now you have a whole movie with Two-Face. Same with Dick. Bruce takes him in, sets him up with a job at Wayne Enterprises and a place to stay at Wayne Tower (assuming that’s where he and Alfred live). Third movie is year 8 Batman. Opens with a Robin training montage etc.

I hope Reeves is the director with the stones to finally give us Robin. Not one who’s already dead or legally named Robin. Too much pussyfooting around utilizing one of the most crucial characters in the Batman lore. I like Brenton Thwaites, but my boy deserves better than Titans, I’ll be honest.

Give me a flying graysons nod at the end of this movie and set up Robin for the sequel. I will accept no less!
THANK you! :applaud

I’ll tell you; I really think Court of Owls will be in this trilogy. And considering the fact that they “recruit” youngsters, usually circus performers, to train as their soldiers (Talons) it totally makes sense for Bruce to take Dick Grayson in at a young age and train him to defend himself. I think the prospect of selling the Owls to the general audience is too tempting for the WB not to go forward with, as they aren’t a threat that has been seen in a Batman movie before.

I’ll tell you; I really think Court of Owls will be in this trilogy. And considering the fact that they “recruit” youngsters, usually circus performers, to train as their soldiers (Talons) it totally makes sense for Bruce to take Dick Grayson in at a young age and train him to defend himself. I think the prospect of selling the Owls to the general audience is too tempting for the WB not to go forward with, as they aren’t a threat that has been seen in a Batman movie before.

I think this is the likely route it could go if Grayson is introduced, but I'd still caution people to keep their expectations in check. It's still quite possible that even in that scenario it would be saved for a third film and just set up the possibility of a full-fledged Robin working alongside Batman in future movies if Reeves leaves his trilogy open-ended (like he did with Apes).

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I'm not yet willing to bet the farm on Reeves making that the top focus of his films.

Last edited:
Gotta watch out for that quad damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg