The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan/Pfister complemented each other so well. Can't believe Wally just up and left right when Nolan was entering his mega stature.

His directorial effort failed, so if he wasn't succeeding there why not go back to his original partner? Was it pride?

He probably just wanted a change and is enjoying challenges elsewhere, regardless of how his directorial debut went.

I wouldn't say he missed much after TDKR. He might have done some interesting things with Dunkirk, but he pretty much covered all the ground he needed with Nolan.

Pfister talking mad sh** about filming digital + his film bombing was such away to go out on.

Nolan’s doing fine with Hoyte.

it depends. His work was fine for a moody, oppressive war film like Dunkirk. But I was missing Pfister in Interstellar and Tenet. I dunno if Hoyte’s signature desaturated “pastel” style works as well for those films. I think Wally’s more natural, inky style would’ve worked much better. Just compare Tenet to Inception. The difference is stark.

I hope we get this shot in the next trailer.

WJAOLf2.jpg

IPYqPTk.jpg

Im definitely not expecting anything but Warner has a 3 hour panel at CinemaCon on August 24th. The Batman would be the next DC film releasing at that point so we could be getting tidbits.

Im definitely not expecting anything but Warner has a 3 hour panel at CinemaCon on August 24th. The Batman would be the next DC film releasing at that point so we could be getting tidbits.
I could see them getting footage that the rest of us will see a few months later during FanDome.

I thought ID post these, I don't recall any set pics of him without the jacket on. Not a big deal but oh wellView attachment 47528 View attachment 47529
Hmm now that I’ve seen him without his mobster leather jacket, maybe he could really fit as a politician in a sequel. Mayor trying to act as if he’s moving on from the lousy organized crime life.

I'd absolutely love if we got a gargoyle shot of him in the flight suit

That as the money shot for the next trailer would be *Chef's Kiss*

Nolan/Pfister complemented each other so well. Can't believe Wally just up and left right when Nolan was entering his mega stature.

His directorial effort failed, so if he wasn't succeeding there why not go back to his original partner? Was it pride?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Wally walked away kinda knowing that he likely wouldn't be able to just hop back on the train so easily. Because Nolan likes bringing back his collaborators and developing a creative partnership, which is exactly what happened with Hoyte.

Judging by Wally's Instagram though, I think he's doing just fine. He seems to be really into his family, and it looks like he's shifted more to directing commercials. I believe he did some McConaughey Lincoln commercials, and looking on his website he's also done Nike, Walmart, Apple, Ford and some others. Definitely not a bad 'retirement'.

From his point of view, he has an Oscar on his shelf, probably the most fulfilling creative partnership with a director he could've asked for when it comes to film. I respect him for hanging it up and saying "this is enough". I think we often overlook how grueling filmmaking on that big level is, especially from the standpoint of spending months away from your family.

I do his miss seeing his cinematography on the big screen though.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Wally walked away kinda knowing that he likely wouldn't be able to just hop back on the train so easily. Because Nolan likes bringing back his collaborators and developing a creative partnership, which is exactly what happened with Hoyte.
Wonder if that’ll be the case with Ludwig now, keep bringing him back to score and sort of part ways with Zimmer.

Not that Zimmer will be hurting for work. He already scores at least half a dozen movies each year anyway.

Ludwigs score for Tenet was outstanding and it actually sounded like something Zimmer would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"