The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little early to be cutting a trailer for Fandome isn't it?

Little early to be cutting a trailer for Fandome isn't it?

Hmm I don't think it's ever really too early to get the process started. Not when you take into the approval process a big piece of marketing like that has to go through to get 100% completed and ready for release.

That said, if a new trailer dropped with The Suicide Squad, awesome. But it'd be very strange to me if we got a second The Batman trailer before Spider-Man, Matrix, etc., which are coming out this December.

Soon could mean 3 months to some ppl or a few weeks. But I do think it’ s early to cut a few trailers for mid October.

I’m hoping Reeves and WB decided “hey drop a trailer one year after the teaser, they’ve waited long enough”. This will close the summer with a bang and it changes the October event: instead of another overpowering main event with Reeves tip toeing with info until the trailer is presented...this time it’s more Even-Steven between The Flash, Black Adam, The Batman etc. And you can present posters, character featurettes, still photos and a more laid back commentary from some of the cast & crew just for the hardcore fans.

Also i’d just like to express my frustration with trying to use this forum on my phone. This has been happening for a couple years now but it gets REALLY bad. It takes me forever to type a single sentence nevermind a couple paragraphs (am I the only one?). The lagging is insane. And my page will randomly refresh mid sentence, often erasing what i attempted to write before the draft is saved. Maybe not the place, but it’s really frustrating. No other website does that to me.

What version of the hype are you using Shauner? The terrible redesign or the other version mods can set for you? I’ve never had a problem using it on my phone.

I mostly just hope we get something before October, honestly. Not a trailer, but a poster, stills, maybe a preview of the music, small things like that.

I don’t know how secure any of the big movies release dates later this year currently are, I suspect some of the big boys like No Way Home might jump to 2022 in hopes of totally bypassing fall/winter surges, which would potentially effect The Batman’s March release so I doubt they’ll be starting any sort of marketing in the near future.

Might not happen but you have to assume studios confidence in their current release schedule has to be getting shakier.

I've already accepted that we'll likely be stuck waiting in suspense until fandome in October. I do hope that they give us something though. It's been so long since we've had anything new to dissect and discuss.

I’d like more synergy. I want Batgirl and Robin in the expansive, comprehensive Reeves Batman universe.

Batgirl on her own is baffling. Even more baffling is the ****ing awful idea of Keaton’s Batman being older than whoever they cast as Gordon.

the way I see it is we can wait who knows how long for Reeves to use batgirl or we can have a Batgirl movie now. I’ll take one now. This just would have worked so much better had Affleck stuck around. All the Batfamily and team up films should have used him. Swapping Affleck for Keaton isn’t as smooth as they might think.

Highly doubt Batgirl will be its own thing. It'll be the same old connected world, post-Flash. But Keaton being an older Batman from another world and thus potentially being older than Gordon isn't surprising. That wouldn't be "his" Gordon.

I don’t know how secure any of the big movies release dates later this year currently are, I suspect some of the big boys like No Way Home might jump to 2022 in hopes of totally bypassing fall/winter surges, which would potentially effect The Batman’s March release so I doubt they’ll be starting any sort of marketing in the near future.

Might not happen but you have to assume studios confidence in their current release schedule has to be getting shakier.

:(

You're probably right as much as it pains me to admit. Ugh. There are so many movies I'm really excited for. Damn this virus.

Im not concerned with connection I have the MCU for that, as long as a Barbara Gordon exists in Reeves universe IDC if she's Batgirl. I actually think of all the Bat-Family she's one that does work well on her own. She has Gordon, has her own little Rogues Gallery, and she's a cool interesting character.

:(

You're probably right as much as it pains me to admit. Ugh. There are so many movies I'm really excited for. Damn this virus.
Yeah, it’s been an absolutely terrible and demoralizing last little bit for optimism about the movies after the brief high of theatres initial reopening.

Leslie is Latino. Wright is black.

This Batgirl movie from the writer of the Flash and Birds of Prey wont be connected to Reeves. Christina and the two boneheads who directed Bad Boys would not have been chosen to create a spin-off from The Batman. Tone is key.

BoP originally had Penguin as the main villain and were told to change it to Black Mask because Reeves was using Penguin. So that tells you everything. Supposedly Firefly is the main villain in Batgirl so not only does this tell us Matt isn’t using Firefly at all but i’m guessing Matt has no plans as of now for Barbara as Batgirl. Otherwise they’d use Stephanie Brown for the movie.

Wright did play Latino in Shaft, though.

wright.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"