• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Well, the claim that there are no more movie stars, only franchises it may be irrelevant. He can do serious and goofy so I don't doubt he can pull it off.

Outside of Tatum, every possible choice is a risk. Even someone as well-known as Zac Efron. That guy has no hits outside of Neighbors.

How about John Cena? I mean even though he is a WWE wrestler right now he is more or less on the fast track to Hollywood anyway so why not cast him as Shazam

Also a lack of an after credits stinger featuring a larval stage Mr. Mind or I boycott.

Watching that Blood Drive show on SyFy now and I am on the Ritchson bandwagon again.

the casting has taken entirely too long.
I fear this movie won't happen. Oh well.

The movie has no slotted release date or even a director attached, why are you expecting them to have an actor locked down?

Dwayne Johnson is getting older.

Just make him Capt. Marvel already. scrap the villain angle. hire a talented young teen for Billy. Then make it happen.

Either Armie Hammer, Alan Ritchson or Channing Tatum as Shazam

I kinda want Channing Tatum for this. Looks the part, and brings the charm and humor.

After watching Stranger Things, any one of the kids could play Billy.

The child actor I would go with for the role of Billy Batson would be Jacob Tremblay

I think Tremblay is a bit too cutesy for Billy Baston if they are going for the edgy street kid/foster kid take on the character.

I kinda want Channing Tatum for this. Looks the part, and brings the charm and humor.

This. Really hoping he ditches this Gambit fantasy.

Alan Ritchson
Channing Tatum
Armie Hammer

Those are the three that I can think of, off the top of my head going off fan castings. Unless they cast an unknown.

He's the one of the three I mentioned that I think would probably be the best choice acting wise. He could bring all the aspects where I'm not sure Ritchson has the chops and I'm not sure Hammer can do the humour/child as a man performance. But even with Tatum I see the problem been its Channing Tatum as Shazam, not just seeing Shazam. Which I think people would with Alan Ritchson. So pros and cons to all really actually.

Last edited:
Tom Welling

I was honestly going to list him but I don't think he'd do it. He was reluctant to take on the Smallville role initially and he's never wanted to wear the tights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"