• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Brandon Routh
Henry Cavill
Tom Welling
Dean Cain.
Christopher Reeve
Tyler Hoechlin
George Reeves
Warwick Davis

tumblr_nkeu5cKCnE1qk08n1o1_500.gif

I'm definitely on the Alan Ritchson train. He's great on Blood Drive. But if they want a bigger name, than grab Tatum. No one wants that Gambit movie anyway.

For Billy Batson, hire the lead kid on Stranger Things.

I'm a fan of Alan Ritchson as Marvel , he just has that look about him . He looks like the character to me . I have no idea about Billy though. Also the odds of him being called Captain Marvel in the film ( and future comics ) are slim to none . I've never been a fan of him being called Shazam . I've always thought you could get away with him being called either The Captain or just Marvel . Then there is always the Captain Thunder option . I always had this idea of a story for Marvel , he has never had that one big story to solidify him . Batman has had a few , Superman had Man of Steel and Birthright , etc and etc . It would be about Billy at 16 years old walking away from the responsibilities of being The Captain after the death of Freddy in an epic brawl where all of his enemies became organized and attacked the Marvel family . While they won the war they lost Freddy . Billy never spoke the word Shazam again and Mary decided to follow . Flash forward and Billy is almost 30 years old and living his life but still constantly feels haunted by Freddy's death . His sister Mary is now grown with children and begs her brother to let go of the past and find his happiness. A call comes in from Wonder Woman warning Billy of a danger that was coming and due to his connection to the Gods he may be a target . This huge threat ( no idea what it could be ) arrives and as hero after hero falls , Billy watches in horror . Seeing his sister take up the fight again and the fear of losing her makes him decide to call down the Thunder once more . He is earths mightest mortal and earths true champion . With the threat defeated we find The Captain smiling , we always assumed it was Billy's personality that made The Captain so positive but in truth his positivity comes from the fact that as earths mightest mortal he sees the true potential in us all and that brings him hope . Billy learns that hanging onto his loss from the past has hurt his future and he must always look forward and strive for tomorrow. He learns that his happiness comes not from being a superhero but because The Captain is a part of who he is and by accepting that he becomes whole . This ushers in a new and legendary chapter of The Captain and The Marvel Family . Something like that anyways

Asa Butterfield as both young Billy Batson and Shazam via the magic of performance capture and cg.

One of those brats from the new It works.

Jacob Tremblay as Billy Batson and as Captain Marvel I would go with Tatum too

Alan Ritchson. I really feel like a relative unknown works better for The Big Red Cheese just like Superman and Thor.

Since this place really seems to just be a revolving door of about 4-5 of the same names. I'm gonna throw a name out there...

Brian J. Smith (.... maybe plus a bit of gym time)

tumblr_orjsbe4sif1v7lfkko2_1280.png

I really think he can pull off the grown-up kid angle.

Since this place really seems to just be a revolving door of about 4-5 of the same names. I'm gonna throw a name out there...

Brian J. Smith (.... maybe plus a bit of gym time)

tumblr_orjsbe4sif1v7lfkko2_1280.png

I really think he can pull off the grown-up kid angle.

tumblr_nxj5p8YMkM1uif1g3o1_500.gif

Yeah, because that suggestion is totally the same as taking the kid with a face like a Polar Express character and mocapping him into adulthood. :o

Billy Batson- Jacob Tremblay
Captain Marvel- Armie Hammer

What Alan Ritchson could look like as Shazam:

DFmJl9AWAAId8Ck.jpg:large

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"