Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Seeing Alan in that fan art I can almost see why you would go with him in the role

Capture.png

Last edited:
I really hope the casting director is as lucky as the ones for STRANGER THINGS and LOGAN in getting Billy.

I really hope the casting director is as lucky as the ones for STRANGER THINGS and LOGAN in getting Billy.

As far as casting goes, New Line's horror people seem to be quite capable when it comes to casting kids. The actors were all quite good in Conjuring 2 and Annabelle Creation for example. Also hearing positive reports about the new It movie. Considering this is a New Line production, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in charge of casting.

So does the kid in comics grow up through out the series? Wonder if it will be problematic if they make sequels every 3-4 years and we get a Hit Girl situation

So does the kid in comics grow up through out the series? Wonder if it will be problematic if they make sequels every 3-4 years and we get a Hit Girl situation

I think the only time he's been depicted as anything other than a kid was in a standalone story called Kingdom Come. I also don't think he's had a series in a long time, so I can't offer much wisdom about it. I've only read the TBP that Johns wrote a few years ago and it took place over a few days.

I think the only time he's been depicted as anything other than a kid was in a standalone story called Kingdom Come. I also don't think he's had a series in a long time, so I can't offer much wisdom about it. I've only read the TBP that Johns wrote a few years ago and it took place over a few days.

Thanks, would be interesting to see what happens

Eh... He's had varying ages over different media. During John's run of JSA Billy was in his mid teens going to high school with a crush on Star Girl. In the TV show from the 70's I am pretty sure the actor was like 18 to 21.

It's tricky for a number of reasons but I think that they should go really young. Harry Potter this up and follow Billy as he ages.

That's probably how they'll do it. I'd say make him like 11 or 12 now and then you can see how he changes from preteen to teen and even into young adult still dealing with the powers.

That would be very tricky. Harry Potter made it work because they did movies on a yearly basis with a solid plan in place. If you make one Shazam movie with an 11 year old actor, but the sequel doesn't happen for 3 years. . . that's a lot of time for puberty to happen. Its not just a matter of different relative growth between cast members, but also that if Billy's actor now *looks* three years older, you are in trouble if your sequel is set one year later.

That would be very tricky. Harry Potter made it work because they did movies on a yearly basis with a solid plan in place. If you make one Shazam movie with an 11 year old actor, but the sequel doesn't happen for 3 years. . . that's a lot of time for puberty to happen. Its not just a matter of different relative growth between cast members, but also that if Billy's actor now *looks* three years older, you are in trouble if your sequel is set one year later.

Growth spurt :shrug:

Billy Batson is going to age and grow. He only doesn't immediately in the comics because comics stories are telling stories consistently on a monthly basis. It's like the Simpsons, the kids never get older. But if it were a live action thing they would.

The older he gets, the more something like that could be viewed as a curse which adds a whole other layer.

The only real question is how can DC make many movies and Marvel make tons of movies but Shazam was said years ago and Dwayne was casted a long time ago but they can't seem to cast anyone to play Batson/ Shazam in the film, find the villain, what the costume look like or anything. Why is this movie taking so damn long to make my God every movie will come out before that and people will get tired of waiting for it. They should get someone like John Cena to play Shazam but unknown person to play Billy who looks like him. Get the movie going already.

The only real question is how can DC make many movies and Marvel make tons of movies but Shazam was said years ago and Dwayne was casted a long time ago but they can't seem to cast anyone to play Batson/ Shazam in the film, find the villain, what the costume look like or anything. Why is this movie taking so damn long to make my God every movie will come out before that and people will get tired of waiting for it. They should get someone like John Cena to play Shazam but unknown person to play Billy who looks like him. Get the movie going already.

I don't know if you missed the news but the movie is getting ready to shoot next year, the director is in place and is talking about it almost on a daily basis. He's even said that casting will be announced soon. So just because we haven't heard anything about the casting does not mean they don't have anyone cast or someone in mind.

Hell no to John Cena too.

I don't know if you missed the news but the movie is getting ready to shoot next year, the director is in place and is talking about it almost on a daily basis. He's even said that casting will be announced soon. So just because we haven't heard anything about the casting does not mean they don't have anyone cast or someone in mind.

Hell no to John Cena too.

Lol Cena just joined Bumblebee to battle Aquaman at the box office.

Billy has been cast and Sandberg said he can't reveal it yet.

Like you said Shazam will be the next to shoot, before the other famous IPs like the new Batman movie, MOS2, SS2, Flash, and GLC.

Guess the poster missed all the news.

Casting news, days away.... v excited about this film.

Ritchson is my top pick but I also like these.

Mark Paul Gosselaar
Jonathan Tucker
Aaron Taylor Johnson
Rob Riggle(Buffed up)
Kevin Durand
Marky Mark (with a tan)
Adam Korson (Buffed up)
Jake Gyllenhall (Buffed up)
the Stiffmeister
Mike Vogel
James Franco (Buffed up)
Garret Hedlund
Joel Edgerton

WILD CARD picks: JGL, Jude Law, Casey Affleck, Vince Vaughn(CGI'd), Glenn Powell, and Jose Pablo Cantillo

Part of me has a feeling it's either gonna be someone I've never heard of or a shock choice (kind of like how shocked I was when Affleck was cast as Batman but then immediately loved it) that I haven't thought of.

Ritchson is my top pick but I also like these.

Mark Paul Gosselaar
Jonathan Tucker
Aaron Taylor Johnson
Rob Riggle(Buffed up)
Kevin Durand
Marky Mark (with a tan)
Adam Korson (Buffed up)
Jake Gyllenhall (Buffed up)
the Stiffmeister
Mike Vogel
James Franco (Buffed up)
Garret Hedlund
Joel Edgerton

WILD CARD picks: JGL, Jude Law, Casey Affleck, Vince Vaughn(CGI'd), Glenn Powell, and Jose Pablo Cantillo

Honestly Mark Paul Gosselaar is a pretty solid actor and doesn't get enough credit . I was always convinced he would kill as Matt Murdock/Daredevil

tumblr_m622i8ddwL1qjbocho2_1280.gif

Also... Hell no to MPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"