Blue Beetle The Blue Beetle News and Discussion Thread

This feels like a mix of Iron Man, Spider-Man and Power Rangers. Nothing about it feels fresh or interesting. On the one hand I think... this could be a small, well made superhero movie that belongs in the early to mid 00's, hopefully it does well. On the other hand, this seems derivative and lackluster and probably doesn't work in an already exhausted superhero movie landscape.

But Gunn has already declared this character a success and assures bored audiences that he will be appearing in the muddy DCU. Yet another shared universe throwing every character in the book at us.

I'll be skipping this one at the cinema. I'm a little burned out on the genre.

Oh and that ''family'' line should be edited out immediately.

Sorry, but this is boring, lazy, generic trash, made by people who have zero fresh ideas, and have just rehashed all the stuff they've seen for the past 15 years in better movies.

Watching this stupid trailer actually made me angry, because the DC IPs are still being ruined by a company devoid of original thought, and obviously uncaring about the characters they own.

This looks DTV level bad, and the effects look on par with The Flash. I'm expecting a major flop here.

Come on now...the effects actually look really good! The suit looks crisp in every shot they've shown. This is nothing like The Flash in terms of visuals.

But I do agree with y'all this looks painfully generic, I dont see this grabbing the GA's interest. I dont think it looks like "trash" though, just repetitive to what we've seen many times before already. Literally a mix of IronMan and Spider-man.

The budget for this movie was $120 million? I thought the whole point of these (originally) direct to streaming movies was to keep the budget UNDER $100 Million?

Last edited:
I'll be there opening weekend. I don't know anything about the character but am excited for this. I love body horror and some aspects of it looks like a kids friendly version at it just judging from the trailer. It looks fun to me and am glad they are focusing on characters other than the big guys and/or interconnectivity so I hope it succeeds.

Come on now...the effects actually look really good! The suit looks crisp in every shot they've shown. This is nothing like The Flash in terms of visuals.

But I do agree with y'all this looks painfully generic, I dont see this grabbing the GA's interest. I dont think it looks like "trash" though, just repetitive to what we've seen many times before already. Literally a mix of IronMan and Spider-man.
I totally disagree. The effects look horrendous to me. It's so crisp that the suit doesn't look tangible at all. They should have been more creative and gone with a less Iron Man-y design -- even if it's less comic accurate.

Also, I think it's a really bad play to release this over the summer when there's so many better looking films to watch. I think it's guaranteed to do poorly for that reason alone. They should have aimed for a quieter month like February.

I think the effects look fine given the budget of the movie. But it looks generic and visually looks like a Sony movie. I give it some leeway cause it originally was a streaming movie, but yeah looks generic

This looks abysmal :barf:

It will flop at the box office and be forgotten in a week (sort of like.. The Flash). Although that took around 2 weeks :funny:

Not that I think it would have helped that much, but with the actors strike, it means no interviews or promotions by the actors. So yeah, not gonna help that box office.

I totally disagree. The effects look horrendous to me. It's so crisp that the suit doesn't look tangible at all. They should have been more creative and gone with a less Iron Man-y design -- even if it's less comic accurate.

Also, I think it's a really bad play to release this over the summer when there's so many better looking films to watch. I think it's guaranteed to do poorly for that reason alone. They should have aimed for a quieter month like February.
I don't think the effects look "horrendous"...but they do not look good lol. But then again I feel most SH movies have bad to eh special effects. The last SH movie SFX/CGI I was really impressed by was Thanos in IW and EG.

And yeah this was bad to release in the summer. Should've done Feb or even like September or October

It doesn't look bad per say. It just looks like...I've seen this 100x before. Even in the last few years. I can't name the movies this reminds me off besides the obvious (the suit and Iron Man). But it just feels so generic.

I'm sure it'll be a "fine" watch but I wouldn't go to the theater to see this

EDIT: Also is Jaime usually a teen when he gets the scarab. I feel like that would've made things a bit more interesting. There's not that many theatrical teen heroes other than Spidey. Lean into it a bit

The cast can't promote the movie due to the SAG strike and WBD isn't spending more money promoting this film. This film is facing a uphill battle to make money at the box office. Short of some stellar word of mouth or huge Latino turnout, this looks DOA.

If the movie is solid, the Spanish community will support it. Xilo is a star in the making and I get why he is part of the new DCU. Blue Beetle is on the level of Ms. Marvel in comic book popularity so people need to relax. This was supposed to be a Max original movie.

That’s covid era numbers

I'm honestly not surprised. The DCEU has been on life support since Justice League/Aquaman.

RcGXvy7.jpg

I'm honestly not surprised. The DCEU has been on life support since Justice League/Aquaman.

RcGXvy7.jpg
Well if the first Avengers flopped like JL did then it'd be understandable that they'd reboot.
Don't think that tweet is "giving" what it wants to

Well if the first Avengers flopped like JL did then it'd be understandable that they'd reboot.
Don't think that tweet is "giving" what it wants to

Well I'm assuming the main point overall is that the DCEU was mishandled, which I think practically anyone can agree with.

The boX office tracking isn't surprising. When you have Green Lantern, Harley Quinn movie, Suicide Squad 2, Justice League, Black Adam, Shazam 2 and now The Flash all failing at the boX office, what else more of this?

Its just crazy to me that this was approved by WB given the state of DCEU.

I'm doing what I did with Black Adam and Shazam 2, wait til its on streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"