• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Brave and the Bold News and Discussion Thread

Wait a minute! Didn't one of the leakers say a Wonder Woman/Batman team up film was in the works and was The Brave and the Bold?
eh...its a pretty common title tbf. Gunn must Diana in a plan somewhere though.If not secretly in these announced projects than in the unannounced projects of chapter 1.

Robert Meyer Burnett believes Ben Affleck will direct this. He also thinks his script for the standalone Batman movie he was going to star in and direct will be retrofitted into this.

I mean, we don't know who's in it or who the villains are but wasn't Affleck's movie just Batman vs Deathstroke?

Would be cool to have a previous Batman actor spearheading the new Batman of a new cinematic universe.

This is most definitely my most anticipated DCU project. So much potential here. Plus, it’s Batman. I will always be there to see anything Batman related.

Getting the tone right for this project is gonna be an absolute nightmare.

Brave And The Bold directed by Affleck, villains are Deathstroke and Ra's with Talia supporting. Pyg or Clayface or Man-Bat as a cold open villain.

Robert Meyer Burnett believes Ben Affleck will direct this. He also thinks his script for the standalone Batman movie he was going to star in and direct will be retrofitted into this.
RMB is a deeply, deeply stupid man. Why on Earth would anyone think this?

If the tone of this is anything like the comics its based on then even though he is an excellent director Affleck would be an awful choice for it. Wouldn't be mad at him starring in it, which isn't going to happen, but he's not the right kind of director at all.

RMB is a deeply, deeply stupid man. Why on Earth would anyone think this?
I think there's an argument to make for Affleck directing this. There are probably very few and far between competent ones that'd be willing to tackle this project, Affleck might be one of them. He wanted to make a Batman movie before, he wants to direct for the DCU, and he is a dad so he might connect in that aspect. I don't think he'll use his old script in any way though.

I think there's an argument to make for Affleck directing this. There are probably very few and far between competent ones that'd be willing to tackle this project, Affleck might be one of them. He wanted to make a Batman movie before, he wants to direct for the DCU, and he is a dad so he might connect in that aspect. I don't think he'll use his old script in any way though.
I can see Ben directing more of a crime drama thriller Batman which this almost certainly won't be. The very comic booky, over the top sounding Batman movie he was gonna make in the first place never felt like a logical fit for him creatively and I always felt that was probably part of what he didn't enjoy about the whole experience.

I can see Ben directing more of a crime drama thriller Batman which this almost certainly won't be. The very comic booky, over the top sounding Batman movie he was gonna make in the first place never felt like a logical fit for him creatively and I always felt that was probably part of what he didn't enjoy about the whole experience.
That's kinda the bed he made for himself since he was the one that came up with the Deathstroke concept, and that wanted it to be an action flick lol. If I'm being honest, I don't think Affleck has that much of a determined artistic sensibility to say he /definitely/ wouldn't do something like this. He's a journeyman director at his core, a really good one, but the fact that he already wants to direct something in the DCU when pretty much nothing in the slate fits him tells me he's more than willing to stretch out a bit outside his "comfort zone".

Fn0YG5laEAA_MCY

Keep them all here, thank you

shade-thank-you.gif

That's kinda the bed he made for himself since he was the one that came up with the Deathstroke concept, and that wanted it to be an action flick lol. If I'm being honest, I don't think Affleck has that much of a determined artistic sensibility to say he /definitely/ wouldn't do something like this. He's a journeyman director at his core, and a really good one.
For as much as there were a million other reasons I believe him when he says that part of it was him never really having a story he wanted to tell. It almost feels like he was making The Batman as a favour for WB, one he thought he wanted to do because he loved the character.

For as much as there were a million other reasons I believe him when he says that part of it was him never really having a story he wanted to tell. It almost feels like he was making The Batman as a favour for WB, one he thought he wanted to do because he loved the character.
Also that being said I feel that if he does sign on to direct this he'll end up dropping out again.

Affleck is sadly clearly in director jail so he'd probably at least humor the offer.

He's doing the Nike movie thingy about the Jordan Brand or some ****, ain't he?

But I'm really racking my brain for a director that I could see handling this and no one is really coming to mind. Mangold is a solid one though.

He's doing the Nike movie thingy about the Jordan Brand or some ****, ain't he?

But I'm really racking my brain for a director that I could see handling this and no one is really coming to mind. Mangold is a solid one though.
He's attached to a million things that keep not happening.

So, the thing about this project is that the type of director you'd normally want helming a Batman movie should be mostly off the table. I wouldn't be looking at people who make crime dramas or thrillers or anything particularly gritty, I would be looking at people who've made interesting or funny movies about families or honestly strong comedic directors who can still handle drama.

Just like RMB thought The Batman - Part II was getting cancelled literally just a few days ago.

Nah.

Affleck is sadly clearly in director jail so he'd probably at least humor the offer.
He's also trying to build his own studio/production company that receives a large percentage of the box office of the films its involved in so I think that'd entice him too.

Fn0YG5laEAA_MCY

Keep them all here, thank you

shade-thank-you.gif

Probably reading too much into it, but that little remark by Safran at the end makes me think Reeves isn't introducing Robin in his movies. Like the inclusion of a Bat Family is a point of emphasis for their DCU Batman.

So, the thing about this project is that the type of director you'd normally want helming a Batman movie should be mostly off the table. I wouldn't be looking at people who make crime dramas or thrillers or anything particularly gritty, I would be looking at people who've made interesting or funny movies about families or honestly strong comedic directors who can still handle drama.

Judd Apatow for the win...? Ha.

The Matt Ross idea is intriguing though. Captain Fantastic does have that strange oddball family dynamic that struck a chord with me.

You remember what happened the last time Warners went with a funny or more comedic vibe with Batman but still tried to insert some drama, right? Do we really want to go down that road again?

Get The Daniels.

You remember what happened the last time Warners went with a funny or more comedic vibe with Batman but still tried to insert some drama, right? Do we really want to go down that road again?
Yes? I would be perfectly happy if they went straight up Adam West. I have literally zero objection.

Get The Daniels.
As the only person in the world who did not madly love and in fact thought Everything Everywhere was one of the most insufferable theatre experiences of my life and couldn't even finish Swiss Army Man I would rather literally anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"