Venom The Carnage thread

Problem is he seems like your generic corporate bad guy.

At least you could have made things more interesting with Cletus Kassidy, but hey, we all know Sony loves to make good decisions.

I'm fine with Riot being the villain, but I worry that he'll be too much like Carnage to the point that if we see Carnage in the sequel, most people would just see him as a rehash of Riot.

That is also my worry. Riot at least should have not had Carnage's core power set/use of the symbiote. I am fine with a generic bad guy in film 1, but Carnage won't look as cool if he is doing things we already have seen.

I could definitely be wrong but I think it's possible we'll only see Riot towards the end of the film, or maybe just for scene or 2, perhaps one lengthy extended scene. Seems like there's most likely going to be a lot that happens and going on before we reach the point where Venom and Riot face off. If that's the case -- Riot only appearing in one battle, maybe 2 -- then I think they'd be fine using Carnage next without it necessarily feeling like a rehash or instigating symbiote fatigue. For instance if Riot is almost sort of a 'tease' in this film to the type of symbiote villains/baddies we can/will see in the future, it might be alright. But who knows

I think it's safe to say that, for the most part, will only see Riot for that end fight. Up until then we'll likely see the symbiote hiding in diffent hosts for the most part like we see in the trailer. We may get a full reveal briefly before hand, but I think for the most part he will be hidden.

Though I don't think it's fair to say there would be any symbiote fatigue in a sequel, though it would still be a repeat of Carnage's power set.

That's hardly the end of the world though and I hope they don't make needless changes to his character for that. It's his character thats more important and compelling.

I think it's safe to say that, for the most part, will only see Riot for that end fight. Up until then we'll likely see the symbiote hiding in diffent hosts for the most part like we see in the trailer. We may get a full reveal briefly before hand, but I think for the most part he will be hidden.

Though I don't think it's fair to say there would be any symbiote fatigue in a sequel, though it would still be a repeat of Carnage's power set.

That's hardly the end of the world though and I hope they don't make needless changes to his character for that. It's his character thats more important and compelling.

It appears to me, this sym will play the role of all five Syms as it jump around from host2host, taking on the personality of the host. I'm not sure of the notion there is multiple syms & Venom is supposedly the runt of the group. I've only seen two containers containing a symbiote. The one Eddie got & the one that is jumping around hosts, becoming a different symbiote personality like, Scream, Agony, Phage, & Lasher...until the climatic scene where he becomes Riot. Help me if I'm wrong...i have only seen two viles of syms.

I fully expect Drake to be our umpteenth generic "Evil CEO" type who goes all Big Bad Doppelganger in the finale, like Obadiah Stane in the first Iron Man.

Did
Woody Harrelson
borrow the same wig from Starfire?

Did
Woody Harrelson
borrow the same wig from Starfire?

I genuinely burst out laughing. I still don't know if it was supposed to be purposely ridiculous.

Yeeeeah.

Should they make a sequel, they need a new wig. No way can I take that seriously for two hours.

Yeeeeah.

Should they make a sequel, they need a new wig. No way can I take that seriously for two hours.

It felt like the start of an SNL sketch.

Last edited:
I've been seeing chatter in how that's the comic book look. Can someone show some sample pics? I've looked myself and none have remotely resembled the unkempt Ronald McDonald that I saw.

It's nowhere near as silly in the books as in the movie, but he's definitely a wild-haired ginger dude in the books. Just...yeah, stereotypical Irish-looking Conan O'Brien guy rather than full-on Carrot Top.

At least we finally know where Richard Simmons has been hiding

Growing up, I always thought Carrot Top was the embodiment of Cletus Kasady. I have faith in Woody H. but, I kind of wish this role went to someone like Jim Carrey. (Before his breakdown.)

I've been seeing chatter in how that's the comic book look. Can someone show some sample pics? I've looked myself and none have remotely resembled the unkempt Ronald McDonald that I saw.

As with most characters, it depends on the artist's interpretation. Sometimes, Cletus has just had unkempt hair, but there have been some outlandish takes on him too:

5ifPKSm.jpg

Well I guess the budget really was all spent on the cgi. They couldn't even afford anything other than a Carrot Top throw off.

Yeah, there is a difference between understanding the villain and having sympathy. Carnage is not someone you should feel sorry for.

I do not like that. :loco:
Too soon to panic though.

I do not like that. :loco:
Too soon to panic though.

Agreed. We'll see where it goes. The PG-13 thing doesn't surprise me. I expect the best we can hope for is a PG-13 theatrical with an R home release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"