Sequels The Official Carnage and other Symbiote thread!

Minus Shock

Captain Simple Jack
Reaction score
I dont even know if i can create an official thread.. but i just tried to :oldrazz: lol.

I was told to create this thread from the Venom thread in Spiderman 3 spoilers section.... soo ill get the ball rolling

Now, I dont think they should even make another movie for about 5 years at least... maybe a little bit longer.... So i dont want to see anything right away about it.. even though i fear that it may happen anyway.. I think that its getting rung out... and having number 3 come out this year.... something that is going to work as a great conclusion, I think it would be poor taste to kick off another story line sooner than that (five years).

Hypothetically, and depending on how they end number 3, with the rumors and conclusions of the fait of Eddie Brock and Venom, I think Carnage would be fantastic... but could backfire as well.

Carnage is a violent character. Hes literally the T-1000 of symbiotes. So having him toned down in a pg-13 flick could give him the "re-hash" of Venom feel... and rightfully so.. when they created Carnage they wanted literally a more psychotic, and violent version of venom..... and whats worse they bonded it with a murderer Cletus. I mean that right there just speaks "R" to me.

However, I came to this realization in the other thread.... The comics were never "R" rated and they made it work. Granted now they have a rating system, but back when Carnage was born in the universe, It was available to all ages.. and even now before his apparent
Death in The New Avengers #2
It was still a regular line of coimics.

The really only way you can do it is to actually focus more on Venom and Carnage and point out the differences clearly, and maybe a few subtly. Show that Venom while furocious isn't anything like Carnage, and Venom themself would like nothing more than to take him down....

In my opinion with all the talks of the favorites for villains.. youre gonna need somethign pretty big to balance the film, Kraven to me is a secondary character.. maybe for comic readers hes a favorite.. people that know the comic would love to see it.. even though I wouldnt :oldrazz: the regular movie going audience has to ahve a villain that takes control of the screen. I dont think Kraven could do that... I thikn The Lizard is a great villain i really do and i think Lizard would be great... as a sub plot.. not as a main villain because really Peter helps out Doc Connors.. he doesnt necissarily defeat him. I also think a few other characters like, Chameleon, Electro would be suited for a second Villain.

My line up is
Shocker for a secondary villain, just someone to keep the movie going in between main action beats...

Lizard for the sub plot purpose of Doc Connors

then Mysterio and Electro for the main Villians in number 4

However number five....

Its Maximum Carnage.

Sony has already stated that they will go on and make Spider-Man 4 whether or not the cast & Raimi return or not. With that in mind, I argee with you in the fact that Sony should put off the release date of SM4 for four or five years. That's enough time for people to come off the the Raimi & Friends bandwagon and open their minds to other possibilities. Plus, I don't want Sony to rush and find less than quality replacements. We don't need the Spider-Man franchise to suffer the same fate as the Batman or X-Men franchises.

However, I'm not sure I agree with your villian line-ups. If they start a brand new storyline and ignore what the first 3 movies have set up, it might work.

But if they continue the current story-arc, my prediction for SM4 is that the Lizard will be the main villian. Simply because Connors has already been in 2 and 3 and now fans are anticipating it.

And just for the sake of speculation, I like to think they'll throw in Black Cat as well. Why? She was in an early draft of Spider-Man 2, so I'm sure they'd like to work her in at some point to bring conflict to Peter & MJ's relationship. Plus, she'd double as a formidable villian for a while, then grow attracted to Spider-Man, and in the end help Spider-Man cure the Lizard.

Carnage? Nope dont wanna see him

Lizard and Kraven for Spider-Man 4

Yes.

Carnage SHOULD be a villain...but not until part 5 or 6. The Lizard OWNS Part 4 IMO. (hopefully along with Kraven and possibly someone like The Vulture, Shocker, etc.)

IMHO, Carnage should have a bit of his Ultimate origin. But I think he should be the size of regular Venom (as in HUGE).

I REALLY want Cletus Kasady/Carnage to be introduced sometime!

CAH

One thing we probably agree on ^^^... Carnage should just not appear in a film ever... its cheeziness... yeah he is a dark twisted villain... but it gets lame after a while dragging this symbiate saga on to no end... it would just show a lack of originality from the writers IMO... considering Venom is gone... Carnage can't carry a film by himself without Venom... maybe I am in the minority... but Carnage is just pure cheeziness to me

One thing we probably agree on ^^^... Carnage should just not appear in a film ever... its cheeziness... yeah he is a dark twisted villain... but it gets lame after a while dragging this symbiate saga on to no end... it would just show a lack of originality from the writers IMO... considering Venom is gone... Carnage can't carry a film by himself without Venom... maybe I am in the minority... but Carnage is just pure cheeziness to me
It's not so much the cheeziness (after all, the character has the potential to be darker, so the cheeziness could be easily disposed of). It's the fact that Venom is just the climax of the Revenge storyline. To bring him back (or to introduce anyone like him) would be simply anti-climatic.

Thats why I don't think Carnage or Hopgoblin should be back for that very reason... but then you start running out of villains with that "A" caliber potential

Thats why I don't think Carnage or Hopgoblin should be back for that very reason... but then you start running out of villains with that "A" caliber potential
So you take a couple B-calibers and you link them. (I.E. Lizard and Kraven, although I would almost rate Kraven a C-caliber)

so what combos would you have it then other than that...

Mysterio, Scorpion?
Electro, Vulture, Shocker?

Its still kinda flat to me... we'll see what they do... I think the franchise needs a break though... no sense rushing a film just to tell COnners story and make some extra cash... it needs careful planning

Scorpion and Spider-Slayers could work (like in the SM1 Game, only minus the OsCorp angle).

Not sure who Electro would be compatible with...depends on the theme of that particular movie.

Carnage would suck in the movie.Now that spidey knows that loud sounds destroy the symbiote Carnage wouldn't even be a threat.Plus Raimi likes to have the villains connect to Peter in some way,and I don't see a serial killer being connected to Peter in any way.

Carnage in SM4 would be like telling the same story that they did in SM3.They couldn't top it,and it wouldn't even be as good.It would be just like what Terminator 3 did,telling the same story they did in Terminator 2.
They didn't make it better,and it wasn't even half as good.

And that was a horrible movie.They should of told the next story of a grown John Connor in the future fighting the war of machines against humans.

I have to say that i have thought about it all today at work because i was desperately bored to tears!!! but anyway.... I still come back to two things.... a Pg13 Carnage would be a Rehash.. and after thikning of the idea of having Mysterio, Lizard, maybe even Chameleon and Kraven in number 4, and then maybe using Electro and Shocker for number 5, throw in a few random other ones for some sub plot.

I keep coming back to this point that these are films and the villains for the film must represent or metaphor Peter's life, and i agree that there is really no way that you can do that with Carnage.. I really personaly feel that if there were a great way you could do Carnage story wise.. it would be magnificient to see, but i dont want to sacrafice Story for action.. thats what i feel X-men the Last Stand did.... and even though numbers wise it found success.... it also carried alot of backlash.

carnage will be great, though his just like venom just red...btw how does he become red?

carnage will; be great, though his just like venom just red...btw how does he become red?
The reason why he was red is since the symbiote was spawned on Earth, it was exposed to a different atmosphere. So technically all of Venom's children are "mutants" compared to the normal symbiotes.

I think they should have Carnage in the sixth film. Have the series end with its most dangerous villain. You have to admit, even though Venom's cooler, Carnage is way more lethal.

I think they should have Carnage in the sixth film. Have the series end with its most dangerous villain. You have to admit, even though Venom's cooler, Carnage is way more lethal.
:o :whatever:

Is Peter supposed to have amnesia,is that what makes Carnage the most deadliest villain?Because otherwise Peter would destroy Carnage withing 5 seconds with the knowledge that he has received destroying Venom.That knowledge alone would make Carnage the weakest spidey villain spidey would ever face.

THAT's debatable.

You'll find that almost everyone will give the "Most Dangerous Villain" Award to GG or Doc Ock.

And you'll also find that they are right.

Carnage would suck in the movie.Now that spidey knows that loud sounds destroy the symbiote Carnage wouldn't even be a threat.

I suggest you go read ASM #361-363 before making such a bold statement. The loud noises only work if the symbiote is in the right place.

Yes. Carnage should appear in Spidey movie, but I don't think it should be Spidey 4. I would love that, seeing as Venom is in Spider-Man 3, but I don't know if it'll happen.

The starring Villain in 4 should be The Lizard. It's his time.

i want to see venom v.vs carnage with the syboite children

Yes. Carnage should appear in Spidey movie, but I don't think it should be Spidey 4. I would love that, seeing as Venom is in Spider-Man 3, but I don't know if it'll happen.

The starring Villain in 4 should be The Lizard. It's his time.
ya save carnage for number 5

Carnage would be great on film if they could pull it off, but like many people pointed out it would be very difficult. Raimi had to get talked into using Venom but I don't see him being convinced that having Carnage in a movie is a good idea. And if Raimi's not directing I see an even smaller chance of Carnage in a SM movie. I just don't like it when people write him off as cheesy. I always thought he was original in that he wasn't the same old spidey villain that was defeated by Spiderman once and it was now his life goal to get revenge on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"