THE CINEMA LOUNGE

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
rENokMm.png

I thought it would be nice to have a lounge where we can have a cross talk about movies and the state of Hollywood in general.

I don't know how you all can enjoy just new movies when this week we found out one of the masterpieces of our generation has been cancelled.

I'm talking, of course, about Bright 2.
:hehe:

I know it probably has little to do with Morbius completely underperforming, but losing two potentially awesome vampire pics hurts. Especially when this April feels like a renaissance for more mature genre flicks like Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman and The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

Which reminds me, I love that they decided on that Nic Cage title and then refuse to use it in TV spots. They always just say, Massive Talent. Which makes it sound like the movie is about a complete jerk. :funny:

Last edited:
Over the last 3 days, I saw my 7th (and probably last) theatrical viewing of The Batman, Everything Everywhere All At Once, and The Northman.

25QT.gif

The best week of moviegoing I've had in ages.

And today, I learned the iconic kill in American Psycho is Batman killing the Joker.
blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

It's the internet so I realize there's no way this hasn't been brought up a lot ever since Leto was cast, but I've certainly missed it and it did not occur to me until this moment either.

Its been a while since I had seen the movie, but I never realized it was Leto in that scene.
See it's more embarrassing for me because I absolutely did know it was Leto. That's the thing I enjoy most about the scene if I'm being honest. My brain just never connected the dots lol.

I'm most likely in the minority here, but Jessie Buckley doesn't do much for me as an actress so far. Dakota Johnson was far more impressive to me in 'The Lost Daughter'. I'm hoping Alex Garland can make me a fan.

I thought Jessie Buckley was great in Chernobyl but I really started to become a fan when she was in I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

Also is anyone listening to movie podcasts?

The Big Picture is probably my go to when it comes to up to date stuff. And they have great interviews with filmmakers.
‘The Northman,’ and the Top Five Revenge Movies With Robert Eggers!

There's also stuff like The Ringer-Verse, The Rewatchables, X-Ray Vision, Unspooled, Junkfood Cinema, and of course Double Toasted.

Last edited:
I'm most likely in the minority here, but Jessie Buckley doesn't do much for me as an actress so far. Dakota Johnson was far more impressive to me in 'The Lost Daughter'. I'm hoping Alex Garland can make me a fan.
I thought Jessie Buckley was great in Chernobyl but I really started to become a fan when she was in I'm Thinking of Ending Things.
I think she's proven herself a very good actress, but at the same time, she also has yet to make a huge impression on me.

That Garland flick looks wild, though. Maybe that'll be The One.

That Garland flick looks wild, though. Maybe that'll be The One.

Can't wait for that one. They showed the red band trailer at my theater during Nic Cage movie and the crowd was speechless in a "what the hell was that?" way.

I have zero clue what Men is about, but I kinda like it that way. Garland's earned my money on blind faith at this point. Ex Machina and Dredd are great, but Annihilation is the kind of special that earns a lot of good will with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"