The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Why were you waiting? It was pretty clear pretty fast a sequel to Superman Returns wasn't happening...
It took a few months before we knew for sure. Once singer took the valkyrie gig, the writing was on the wall.

I saw that on Twitter earlier. I still think cavill is out in favor of a younger actor.
Could very well be. I’d feel a little bit bad about it, but I honestly think it might be for the best. I’ve long thought there was too much baggage there.

This reminds me of post superman returns.
We waited and waited for a sequel that never happened.

And we waited all they way untill 2011 before another film was announced, and even then WB was forced by a judge to make one or they would lose the rights to superman.

Hey were you on bluetights.com?

Based James Gunn once again being based James Gunn:

Yeah Gunn was not happy people were spreading misinformation on him!

I think it's past time we get a worthy Lex Luther.
I'd love to see a solo Lex film, an origin, and pre Superman.

No weak or goofy Lex either.
A straight up brutal, suave, ultra intelligent, multi billionaire Lex with an inventing side.

Matthew McConaughey could bring it.

I honestly have no idea how they are going to fix this mess, I feel like we have the Snyder world, some weird hyped up in his head Dwayne's world... (see what I did there) and then Gunn's ideas.

Snyder is irrelevant and Johnson never had the power people seem to believe he had.

I wish this kinda stuff doesn't happen, it's just so open to interpretation and bad energy.

It also makes me think silly stuff like.... 'ok he LIKES him... but does he like him as SUPERMAN'

Having watched the Den Of Nerds on a regular basis, the host is very much in the Snyderverse camp, though, he's also advocated for a hard reboot of the entire DCEU.

That's why I'm a bit surprised he challenged Gunn like that on twitter.

Easy way to get clicks and a few new eyes for your show...

Yeah... I've watched his channel a bit, but this felt like a big L for him honestly.

Yeah... I've watched his channel a bit, but this felt like a big L for him honestly.

Yeah, and having watched a his stream, he at least conceded he could have handled the whole thing better.

Still though, it gets him attention ,even from those who hate him , and I doubt it will deter him all that much if it gets him clicks.

I think imho at this moment a new actor as superman and no future black adam solo movies are all but guaranteed. Unless the rock somehow comes in with a amazing script for a sequel he will most likely be a shazam 3 villain and appear here and there in future movies. I like Henry quite a bit but Snyder really let him and the character down once he snapped Zods and went full dark and brooding.

It seems to me WB hires directors who have admitted in the past that they don't get superman, or, he's just too powerful etc.

They then let said director change superman's personality and even his suit to make him hip and cool.

Hey WB, here's a clue. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
He has been around since 1938 for a reason.
Hire a director, like brad bird, who gets superman, and make a straight up adaption of birthright and Superman for all seasons, and you will have a hit.
No more dark and brooding superman. That's Batman job.

That is ridiculously simplistic and kind of revisionist. Snyder was hired because no one else wanted the job at the time and Nolan suggested him.

Maybe so but it still stands as truth.

I don't really care either way, but I'm pretty sure it came out a long time ago that Snyder was WB's choice, not Nolan's, after Nolan's choice (Duncan Jones) turned it down. The short list of names that got out was a combo of WB and Nolan picks (not sure which one Matt Reeves was), and they ultimately went with one of WB's after trying Nolan's first. Goyer was the part of the team that Nolan vouched for (unfortunately). But regardless, it's true that Snyder was a result of others turning it down. But let's not pretend no one wanted it - WB turned down pitches as well during that time, including Matthew Vaughn's.

I think it's past time we get a worthy Lex Luther.
I'd love to see a solo Lex film, an origin, and pre Superman.

No weak or goofy Lex either.
A straight up brutal, suave, ultra intelligent, multi billionaire Lex with an inventing side.

Matthew McConaughey could bring it.
This is way overdue. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"