The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

At this point i'm just sort of this with WBD.

whatever-shrug.gif

giphy.gif

Gadot, while undoubtedly disappointed, will be fine.

I'm not excited nor angry by some of the new developments , I'm just sorta
shrug-idk.gif

I think a Superman reboot is what's best for the Superman film franchise, but I don't have any idea what the pitch is from Gunn and Co in terms of handling that character in particular.

So at this point, I don't have anything to really latch onto to react to as far as Superman goes.

Could WB actually be making a good Superman movie decision by rebooting, is hell freezing over?

Please be true.

Someone make sure David Corenswet has an open calendar!!!!!

Depends. Have WB finally heard us that we just want a well made, "classic" Superman from passionate people who get the character... Or are they going down the whole "Supes is broken and needs to be reinvented" nonsense route that continually puts us in this mess?

Gunn has outright admitted he doesn't get Superman. And now he has the keys to the castle. The last time that exact thing happened... was Snyder.

Depends. Have WB finally heard us that we just want a well made, "classic" Superman from passionate people who get the character... Or are they going down the whole "Supes is broken and needs to be reinvented" nonsense route that continually puts us in this mess?

Gunn has outright admitted he doesn't get Superman. And now he has the keys to the castle. The last time that exact thing happened... was Snyder.

He might not personally "get" Supes but he knows how to mix fun and action and bring a fun tone to films. He might be good at finding the right person that does get Supes.

Rumour mill is wild today.

Matthew Vaughn is sitting by his phone right now.

If S&L gets canceled it won't be because of Gunn it will be because The CW has a change in leadership and wants out of superheroes.

That's why we have to wait and see what their vision is, and not to assume because they're taking one step, that they'll end up going in a direction alot of fans want them to go.

One of the reasons I'm not enthused or celebratory as some people may be, is because I don't know what Gunn and Co have in mind , or , whether Zaslav will end up agreeing in part ,or in full with their pitch.

There's always a possibility Zaslav will say "No, go back to the drawing board".

At this point, with what we know at the moment, I wouldn't bank on anything as a certainty aside from The Batman 2 in terms of unmade films.

If I were cavill, I'd run to marvel for captain Britain while throwing a big middle finger back at WB.

Oh I'm sure they would regret their decision then...

I don’t see why Marvel would want him, tbh. To put it nicely…he’s not their type lol.

Rumors were they wanted him not Long ago. .
that may be all it was tho, just rumors.

I don’t see why Marvel would want him, tbh. To put it nicely…he’s not their type lol.
he could absolutely play a captain britain or hyperion/sentry in a one-off. but i think he really wants to do superman justice and if WB fumbles this again, i could 100% see marvel taking a jump at him

gunn knows how important superman is to the universe and getting it right is a top priority in cementing the foundation. MCU would be nothing if they didn't get it right with Cap

This type of back and forth with Cavill is an example of why I wanted to see an actual cast and a trailer before taking to the bank that a Cavill Superman 2 was a certainty.

At this point ,I'm not taking for granted that Zaslav will agree with the specific proposal or proposals Gunn and Saffron come up with when they meet next .

Things are in flux at this point ,so I won't assume which we the chips will end up falling until and official announcement from Zaslav, Gunn and co.

I feel D Johnson put his foot in it by hyping himself up to the fans/GA, getting Henry back only for the real leaders to be like 'hold your horses'.

I honestly have no idea how they are going to fix this mess, I feel like we have the Snyder world, some weird hyped up in his head Dwayne's world... (see what I did there) and then Gunn's ideas.

I don't know the state go the flash movie.. but man, if that movie can be tweaked to explain a change of everything due to the butterfly effect.. then that's good.. but I feel like the next 3/4 movies will need prologues laying out what's happened and where we are going, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but for me, I like knowing my cannon.

Would a tv series, a decent budgeted tv series help this transition?

Seems like a weird fit for Superman. In that case, new leadership pushing that aside might be a blessing.
I honestly have no idea how they are going to fix this mess, I feel like we have the Snyder world, some weird hyped up in his head Dwayne's world... (see what I did there) and then Gunn's ideas.
Then you go with Gunn. Period.

All these months, everyone’s been going on about how DC needs leadership, now we have it. Johnson’s a non-starter, swinging his **** around about the hierarchy of power changing when both critics and audiences met his work with either a “meh” or a thumbs down. So he can keep his ideas to his damn self. And Cavill… I’m not convinced that Gunn/Safran can’t make it work with him, but if they can’t… So what?? Keeping Superman on the big screen is more important than keeping Cavill’s Superman on the big screen.

And trying to make things work while still remaining in Snyder’s sandbox only lead to mixed results with Walter Hamada, so if Gunn thinks this take on Superman needs to be pushed aside, then by all means.

Black Adam not making a splash definetly changed things. If that was axblockbuster smash Cavill gets his film. It didn't and now things are in flux.

Seems like a weird fit for Superman. In that case, new leadership pushing that aside might be a blessing.

Then you go with Gunn. Period.

All these months, everyone’s been going on about how DC needs leadership, now we have it. Johnson’s a non-starter, swinging his **** around about the hierarchy of power changing when both critics and audiences met his work with either a “meh” or a thumbs down. So he can keep his ideas to his damn self. And Cavill… I’m not convinced that Gunn/Safran can’t make it work with him, but if they can’t… So what?? Keeping Superman on the big screen is more important than keeping Cavill’s Superman on the big screen.

And trying to make things work while still remaining in Snyder’s sandbox only lead to mixed results with Walter Hamada, so if Gunn thinks this take on Superman needs to be pushed aside, then by all means.

Yup, what surprises me is all the while Black Adam was doing the media circuit and Johnson saying what he was saying, he didn't know about the upcoming change in leadership, like no one told him to reign it in? It's not as if Gunn was suddenly approached then next day he's telling us he's joined.
Maybe Johnson was calling Gunn's bluff, maybe he knew Gunn or someone was in and was trying to cement his foot under the table..
"look gunn, you gotta keep me, the fans and box office love me" that back fired.

A total reboot can happen, they start making movies in 2023 it just means Johnson is out and that's going to crush his ego, it means Blue Beetle may be the first or last movie of the change.

For me, at this stage I have extreme fatigue for it all - even Marvel.

X men is the only one now to stoke the fire in me and even Jackman is hanging around and coming back.

That's why we have to wait and see what their vision is, and not to assume because they're taking one step, that they'll end up going in a direction alot of fans want them to go.

One of the reasons I'm not enthused or celebratory as some people may be, is because I don't know what Gunn and Co have in mind , or , whether Zaslav will end up agreeing in part ,or in full with their pitch.

There's always a possibility Zaslav will say "No, go back to the drawing board".

At this point, with what we know at the moment, I wouldn't bank on anything as a certainty aside from The Batman 2 in terms of unmade films.
I think he will agree. He wouldn't have brought them on board only to tell them no on their plan.
Whatever they have in mind, we will be stuck with it, for better or worse.

And as much as it pains me to say, and I really like cavill, I'm confident he is out.

Gunn and Safran want to erase the snyderverse taste out of the public's mouth.
You can't realistically bring cavill back and succeed at that. Even with a reboot.
Gadot is probably out as well.

We will ( most likely ) be getting all new actors in the different roles. A new Superman, a new WW, etc.
So I'd be prepared for it. The signs are all there.

I'll even go as far to say that if Aquaman 2 and flash were not already done, they would probably cancel them also. But that's not realistic now.

For me, Gunn leaking scenes from KC multiple times on Twitter while saying "planning" is telling.

That could very well be a hint at what's to come.
Multiple Solo films with a slow transition to an ending with KC 1 and 2.
Or, maybe not..

Last edited:
I think he will agree. He wouldn't have brought them on board only to tell them no on their plan.
Whatever they have in mind, we will be stuck with it, for better or worse.

And as much as it pains me to say, and I really like cavill, I'm confident he is out.

Gunn and Safran want to erase the snyderverse taste out of the public's mouth.
You can't realistically bring cavill back and succeed at that. Even with a reboot.
Gadot is probably out as well.

We will ( most likely ) be getting all new actors in the different roles. A new Superman, a new WW, etc.
So I'd be prepared for it. The signs are all there.

I'll even go as far to say that if Aquaman 2 and flash were not already done, they would probably cancel them also. But that's not realistic now.

For me, Gunn leaking scenes from KC multiple times on Twitter while saying "planning" is telling.

That could very well be a hint at what's to come.
Multiple Solo films with a slow transgression to an ending with KC 1 and 2.
Or, maybe not..

It may not be that simple.
He may agree with some things but nix others.
Or he may agree in full.

At this point we really, don't know how things will shake out and I think it'd be a mistake to take anything as a certainty before the official word.

Nothing is guaranteed at this point ,and I wouldn't take anything to the bank until the word is official.

Until then , I'm not assuming anything is assured.

This reminds me of post superman returns.
We waited and waited for a sequel that never happened.

And we waited all they way untill 2011 before another film was announced, and even then WB was forced by a judge to make one or they would lose the rights to superman.

Why were you waiting? It was pretty clear pretty fast a sequel to Superman Returns wasn't happening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"