The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

My gut says Hoult gets it. The studio is all over the guy and this just feels like a "matter of time" type deal.
Gunn has more clout now than he did when he was starting in on GOTG. If Hoult is the WB choice but Gunn isn’t crazy about it, I can’t see him just rolling over.

Gunn has more clout now than he did when he was starting in on GOTG. If Hoult is the WB choice but Gunn isn’t crazy about it, I can’t see him just rolling over.
I dunno. Still think it'll be Hoult.

Of course watch us all be wrong and it's Brittney. :funny:

Last edited:
Reaaally siding with Borys on this in regards to Hoult being Lex. Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing a chemistry test as Luthor instead, actually.

Which is, I believe, a correction one of the other scoop-chasers made early on to that first report that said he was being looked at for Lex.
They said before he’s going for Clark AND Lex. I still think/hope if he ends up with a role at all, it will be Lex. But since he’s a WB fave more than anything else, it wouldn’t surprise me if Gunn picks him for neither.

Surprised (and a little concerned) Tom Brittney and Phoebe Dynevor have made it this far, tbh. :nrv:

Glad to see no mention of the Jordan Peterson guy though lol. Not that I was too concerned about him given the source, but his self-promoting antics since that article came out have been annoying. :hehe:

Interesting that it’s not just Superman first. It’s Superman and Lois as the foundation for what they’re building.
You hit it on the head. Superman and Lois have to have chemistry for this movie to be a success. I will say this I hope it’s more actors than those 6. Cornswet and Ms. Maisel would have to bomb the auditions to not get the parts.

Last edited:
Surprised (and a little concerned) Tom Brittney and Phoebe Dynevor have made it this far, tbh. :nrv:
Both are probably my last choice for each role (ehh, actually I might put Brittney a bit ahead of Hoult), but I haven’t seen enough of their work to be able to say for sure that they’re the wrong choice.

I would take some convincing, but I’d give them a chance. That being said, Dynevor also doesn’t feel like a choice I could see Gunn making.

I think Hoult would be the Top choice for Superman if , the prior regime was in still charge.

However, with Gunn , I think Hoult is more likely to end up with another role like Lex, or even another character in the Gunn DCU.

If they get Brosnahan, it'll be too much like Kidder's interpretation and I think we need a more modern interpretation.

Both are probably my last choice for each role (ehh, actually I might put Brittney a bit ahead of Hoult), but I haven’t seen enough of their work to be able to say for sure that they’re the wrong choice.

I would take some convincing, but I’d give them a chance. That being said, Dynevor also doesn’t feel like a choice I could see Gunn making.
Brittney has a good look but he's perhaps too similar to Cavill in terms of general vibe. I've not seen him in anything, but from what I've observed in interviews he talks with his teeth which kinda irritates me. :funny:

Corenswet or I'll throw a tantrum.
If these are our only 3 options, then yeah, my interest in this entire project would officially be dead if it ain't him at this point.

Because I'm familiar with BOTH Hoult and Brittney as actors, and I have nothing against either of them from what I've seen, but I already know they don't have what I'm looking for in a Clark.

I feel like Phoebe Dynevor would be better suited for Supergirl than a Lois.

The article says that the screen-test is happening in around June 16th-June 20th.

My guess is that we're getting the official casting announcement somewhere between the 19th-23rd. Probably right after The Flash underperforms (as it's projected to do so) to distract a bit.

The article says that the screen-test is happening in around June 16th-June 20th.

My guess is that we're getting the official casting announcement somewhere between the 19th-23rd. Probably right after The Flash underperforms (as it's projected to do so) to distract a bit.
I have my doubts that there will be an "official" announcement from Gunn/WB 'til SDCC, but I'm sure the trades will get it out there pretty quickly regardless.

I’m still irked that Samara Weaving doesn’t seem to be in the mix anymore. Probably my top pick for Lois.

She just seems too meek and soft spoken. Hope that doesn't come across as rude. Lois and Supergirl each need to have a fire in their belly.
Yeah, that's why I could see Lana with her, but that's it. The "kind, pretty, girl next door" that young Clark would be friends with and crush on? Sure. But the toughness and presence that would be required for Lois and/or Kara? No way.

If these are our only 3 options, then yeah, my interest in this entire project would officially be dead if it ain't him at this point.

Because I'm familiar with BOTH Hoult and Brittney as actors, and I have nothing against either of them from what I've seen, but I already know they don't have what I'm looking for in a Clark.
I haven't seen any of Brittney's work, but I'm not crazy about his look and I agree with Boom that he generally feels too much like Cavill. Hoult...just...doesn't look, or feel, like Superman...at all. It reminds me of when Matthew Goode's name was being thrown around for MOS. The only other actor I would be down for is the one who has been surprisingly absent in the serious talks for Supes, Wolfgang Novogratz. I'm wondering if he just wasn't as seriously considered as the more experienced candidates or if the Snyder cult harassed him so much he didn't even want to audition.

Either way, Gunn has been saying all the right things in regards to his portrayal so I hope that translates to his casting decisions. If he casts either Hoult or Brittney as Supes, I'll consider it the first major red flag for the production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"