The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

My guess is Skarsgard is being eyed for the villain in The Batman Part 2 (Clayface?) but I agree that Lex or Brainiac are also plausible possibilities.

It funny you should post this as I was thinking recently that Steve Carell wouldn't be a bad Perry White.

Bill would have made a good Barry Allen but alas we’re stuck with Jar-Jar Sphincter.

im unironically in get bill skarsgard for bruce Wayne club.

But yea if hes a villain maybe lex? Maybe they are looking for a type that people like him and Hoult can fill.

He just seems too on the nose casting for Lex for me at this point. But I suppose safe is what this bald franchise needs.

No hoult lex? he's auditioning for superman?

No hoult lex? he's auditioning for superman?
Which is, I believe, a correction one of the other scoop-chasers made early on to that first report that said he was being looked at for Lex.

Hoult would definitely be different than what we are used to seeing.
I'm not for or against him.

Which is, I believe, a correction one of the other scoop-chasers made early on to that first report that said he was being looked at for Lex.
B Cooper Lex lives to fight another day...

Unless there’s something we haven’t seen that took place in the audition process, there’s nothing about Hoult that screams Superman. Said the same when he was a finalist for Batman too. I know Lex was a popular rumor, but I could see him as Braniac or Parasite as well.

All that said, Corenswet/Brosnahan is still picture perfect to me

As for other roles such as the Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen, those decisions will likely happen after decisions are made on Superman and Lois.
Interesting that it’s not just Superman first. It’s Superman and Lois as the foundation for what they’re building.

Corenswet definitely will be Superman and Hoult is definitely Luthor but Kroll for whatever reason wants to die on the "Hoult is a serious candidate for Superman" hill.

Borys stuck by Hoult being up for Lex, which I think is still the case.

I was hoping we'd finally get a more "everyman" Superman instead of another guy who looks like an Abercrombie model.

My gut says Hoult gets it. The studio is all over the guy and this just feels like a "matter of time" type deal.

My gut feeling is it's gonna be Emma Mackey and Nicholas Hoult

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"