The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

^ I haven’t watched his videos, but from the way people talk about him, my impression is that he’s cringey and annoying.

Why do people hate Campea so much?
I only know what I see in clips people post here, but that rant someone posted of him raging over Pattinson’s sarcastic workout comments would have been embarrassing coming from a teenager, let alone a grown man. One of the cringiest videos I’ve seen here.

Another thing I didn’t see an actual clip of but heard about was that he was apparently singing Superman & Lois’s praises, saying it was a great take on Superman, until Diggle showed up at the end of the first season and Campea apparently rage quit the show because that implication meant he was still that same “jobber Superman” from previous Arrowverse appearances. So even though he thought the show was good, the fact that Supes lost a fight to his cousin on a totally different show before this show existed made him mad enough to quit watching (even more hilarious when it was later made explicit on the show that this was NOT the same Superman anyway). I just couldn’t believe what a childish mentality that was. Like, if this dude represents The Hype in human form, it’s clearly the absolute worst parts of the Hype. :funny:

Another thing I didn’t see an actual clip of but heard about was that he was apparently singing Superman & Lois’s praises, saying it was a great take on Superman, until Diggle showed up at the end of the first season and Campea apparently rage quit the show because that implication meant he was still that same “jobber Superman” from previous Arrowverse appearances. So even though he thought the show was good, the fact that Supes lost a fight to his cousin on a totally different show before this show existed made him mad enough to quit watching (even more hilarious when it was later made explicit on the show that this was NOT the same Superman anyway). I just couldn’t believe what a childish mentality that was. Like, if this dude represents The Hype in human form, it’s clearly the absolute worst parts of the Hype. :funny:
Ah yes I remember the whole Supergirl can't beat Superman debate that slowly turned into thinly-veiled sexism and evidence Henry was the superior Superman.

Hmm, that is rather strange behaviour. :D

Yeah I remember that. I was kind of split on it because I do agree they did Superman dirty on the Supergirl show, but I am glad he’s currently a different Superman in S&L than the Supergirl version. Definitely don’t agree with his “rage quit” over Diggle though.

Right, shouldn't the fact that this Superman exists in a world on his own just make Campea want to pick the show back up?

I used to watch his show because of Rob. He’s an insightful person who doesn’t have the snake oil salesman attitude Campea has. Eventually all of Campea’s nonsense caught up to me. Him calling Dragon Ball Z fans virgins was the last embarrassing comment I’ve heard him say.

Haha, that’s what I don’t get. It sounds like what we do here.

We don't pretend to be anything more than fans on a message board. We don't use our bully pulpit to body shame people or tell lies and present them as fact to our fans. Many of us are not misogynistic little weasels.

I've never watched any of these people and would never have even heard the names without the Hype. I'd rather talk about this stuff with other fans (here). :yay:

He indulges too much in pointless speculation. He repeats himself all the time. He is generally intolerant of opposing opinions. His most recent obsession with David Zaslav’s management of WB is hysterical to the point of being pathetic.

I'll admit that I do watch Campea, though I really don't share with his praise of Zaslav , particularly during the Batgirl debacle.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new management, so I tend to skip Campea's most recent DC/WBD videos.

[QUOTE="-Arya-, post: 38962584, member: 63460"]I used to watch his show because of Rob. He’s an insightful person who doesn’t have the snake oil salesman attitude Campea has. Eventually all of Campea’s nonsense caught up to me. Him calling Dragon Ball Z fans virgins was the last embarrassing comment I’ve heard him say.[/QUOTE]

I like RMB.
He is really insightful and I'll watch his own stream occasionally.
He gave some great insight on his work and the production of Superman Returns on the Think McFly Think podcast several years ago.

A lot of them read the forums.
I remember when superman returns was being made and Michael Dougherty actually posted here several times, as a fan.
No one knew it at the time tho.

A lot of them read the forums.
I remember when superman returns was being made and Michael Dougherty actually posted here several times, as a fan.
No one knew it at the time tho.

Oh yeah , they totally do.
I remember waaay back in the day when the TV show Birds Of Prey was on , Dina Meyer :hrt:, who played Oracle, called out a particular poster on The BOF forum in an article .

She thought that particular poster was " toxic ", or something along those lines. :funny:

After seeing what Gunn did with Starro and suicide squad I have high hopes he can bring some of that fun and goofiness of a superhero world to Superman. Just got done watching Battle of the supersons and loved how Superman looked as far as colors and briefs went.

I think if they could bring down Supermans serious stoicism down a notch so he felt a bit more fun and human we could be onto a winner.

After seeing what Gunn did with Starro and suicide squad I have high hopes he can bring some of that fun and goofiness of a superhero world to Superman. Just got done watching Battle of the supersons and loved how Superman looked as far as colors and briefs went.

I think if they could bring down Supermans serious stoicism down a notch so he felt a bit more fun and human we could be onto a winner.
It's going to depend on who he gets to direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"