The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Maybe Lobo and Arthur are step brothers...Maybe Queen Atlanna got around...
Or maybe Brainiac got involved somehow in the past and lobo is a type of clone or something of Aquaman. Genetically modified of course.

One way I can see them rebooting but keeping Cavill is having him doing a voice over a montage of him growing up, showing new parents, Lana and Pete, talking about how his parents raised him to be the man he is today, mention he works at the Daily planet with Lois who is also recast, show him doing simple heroic acts (and engaging with the people he is saving..for example talking), show him doing big world heroics and then bring him to the present where he is being interviewed by Lois... Which is what parts of the narration are and carry on from there.

They’re not rebooting though, it’s just the next Superman story.

Like Batman Forever was just the next Batman story after Returns, i.e., a soft reboot bordering on an all out one.

Yeah but that was a different actor too. If Keaton comes back it is not a reboot...

Remember guys THR, Variety, and Deadline are your friends. :o

Amy sounded kind of ok with skipping this one. Hoping against it.

I mean I like Amy Adams but I could care if she comes back. Her Lois was more underwhelming as it went on and even though I love BvS and MOS I never bought their relationship it was half baked at best and fully rushed.

I mean I like Amy Adams but I could care if she comes back. Her Lois was more underwhelming as it went on and even though I love BvS and MOS I never bought their relationship it was half baked at best and fully rushed.
What happens when you hijack a Superman sequel and make it into a 5 film epic with a Bat love child and a dead Batman in a desperate attempt to catch up to Marvel. :o

Might we actually be saved from another bland, boring Cavill Superman performance after all?

We can hope
If Cavill torpedoed his lead role with Netflix's Witcher and did this big announcement and the project was never fully greenlit, that's some huge egg on his face.

At this point, I'm not taking anything to the bank, in terms of another Cavill Superman film ,until the film is cast, production, and we see a trailer. :funny:.

Its probably just the case of Gunn and co working out their Bible so they know what they are doing with Cavill. Should find out in a month or so I reckon.

He dropped a massive show and did press for a cameo lol not finding a director or writer in a month doesn't mean the whole idea is dead

Yeah but much more fun to panic...ask the posters in The Batman thread :o:funny:

Lol just a lot of overreacting going on imo. Its fun and funny to observe. People just assuming Reeves will walk away (crazy) or be compromised if his world collides w the DCU - a big if at that

Imagine watching the carnage at WBDiscovery, and not making them put a ring on it first...

beyonce-ring.gif

That article didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Unless they are rebooting, I fully expect Cavill to return in the next solo Superman film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"