• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight General Discussion Thread

So you can be a method actor without being an *******. Someone should have told Jared.
Honestly, he’s a fair target, but it extends to like 90% of the guys who employ method acting. Pattinson was right, you almost never see someone go method to play a lovely person.

Honestly, he’s a fair target, but it extends to like 90% of the guys who employ method acting. Pattinson was right, you almost never see someone go method to play a lovely person.
Well, Leto does use method acting as an excuse to be a prick in general, but he was also Heath's successor as the Joker after all, that's why I pointed out the difference between them in basically playing same character. Not because there aren't other intolerable people like him.

Didn't Leto send weird gross gifts to the cast like used condoms and stuff?

Does it make sense that a lot of people love Batman Begins or The Dark Knight but not both? Do they kind of feel like from different writers and directors or from or with different film philosophies, with BB explaining everything about Bruce's origin and motivations and TDK nothing about Joker's?

I also saw a video that interpreted Joker's hospital scene with Harvey as being another lie/disingenuous from him, just manipulating Harvey rather than being at all sincere about his own views, I think most viewers do think the hospital scene and the interrogation scene as literal and authentic, as being the only times (aside from also the hanging down dialogue) Joker was being authentic.

"When you and Rachel were being abducted, I was sitting in Gordon's cage. I didn't rig those charges"

Anyone who thinks Joker wasn't trying to play Harvey in that scene is kidding themselves. Even Harvey called him out on that; "Your men. Your plan". Also what movie were you watching where we got no explanation about the Joker's motives? There was several. Alfred's story about the bandit in Burma. Joker burning the pile of money making a statement that he doesn't care about it, that Gotham needs a better class of criminal like him. His final scene with Batman talking about the battle for Gotham's soul.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"