DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Maybe they'll combine Aquaman 3 and Wonder Woman 3 into an AquaWondy team-up. Actually, that has potential :hmm
Could work well, also I’d love to see Atlantis and Themyscira fight together.

So I think I just got my answer as to why the trades started praising Hamada all of a sudden

From Puck:
I get why De Luca and Abdy want Walt to stay; he’s got skills and institutional knowledge, yes, but he also currently reports to them, and a new DC leader—assuming Zaslav can find somebody, which is a big if—might negotiate for a direct or dotted line to the C.E.O. Keeping Hamada in place keeps control of the DC slate with De Luca and Abdy.
I'm sure this won't lead to a power struggle that'll completely railroad DC..

So I think I just got my answer as to why the trades started praising Hamada all of a sudden

From Puck:

I'm sure this won't lead to a power struggle that'll completely railroad DC..

One day, there’s hopefully going to be a fascinating documentary, where we’ll find out just how much the political and financial machinations at WB over the years have screwed DC comic characters on film repeatedly.

WBD stock down 19%.

Hmmm. Anything to do with Miller's arrest? Would the market be that spooked by something like that? Or is it just further slippage in the aftermath of the earnings call?

Matt Belloni with a somewhat ominous Twitter spaces said the WBD stock is a complete disaster and Zaslav will have less than a year to turn it around. He said they’ll only have two maybe three more quarters to get the share price back up or else Zaslav is probably done.

He said Zaslav is feeling tremendous anxiety and pressure since the earnings call.

Hmmm. Anything to do with Miller's arrest? Would the market be that spooked by something like that? Or is it just further slippage in the aftermath of the earnings call?
Someone here said it was because he hasn't fired anymore

As sad as it is, stock will probably go up once layoffs begin

THR reports DC executives were extremely upset with David Zaslav’s comments last week. His decision to cancel Batgirl as well as his comments during the investor call left DC executives “pissed”. THR also confirmed The Flash would lead into a Crisis on Infinite Earths mega event film. Development on that film and JJ Abrams’ Superman has slowed to a crawl.

Ezra Miller participated in The Flash reshoots this summer without incident. The plan is for the movie to still be released in theaters but WBD “is currently evaluating all options”.

Last edited:
THR reports DC executives were extremely upset with David Zaslav’s comments last week. His decision to cancel Batgirl as well as his comments during the investor call left DC executives “pissed”. THR also confirmed The Flash would lead into a Crisis on Infinite Earths mega event film. Development on that film and JJ Abrams’ Superman has slowed to a crawl.

Ezra Miller participated in The Flash reshoots this summer without incident. The plan is for the movie to still be released in theaters but WBD “is currently evaluating all options”.

This might be my hopefulness talking but I have a feeling that the batgirl decision isn’t 100% a done deal yet. I have a feeling the movie will be released in some way but re branded as a stand alone one off story or something.

I am just still really struggling to believe that all those actors/producers/directors/cinematographers/composers/production designers work is going to go completely to waste to never be seen again. I think the backlash may cause them to reconsider and work something out

The backlash , the remaining questions and articles ,says to me, that this Batgirl stunt will be a one shot deal.

If Zaslov doesn't "believe in " a movie, he better figure that out in the script/ drafting phase and not after 90 million is spent and the film is basically finished.

Yes, I know he inherited the project and all that.

All the same, I think it's pretty safe to say he won't be given the leeway to pull a Batgirl stunt again .

The backlash , the remaining questions and articles ,says to me, that this Batgirl stunt will be a one shot deal.

If Zaslov doesn't "believe in " a movie, he better figure that out in the script/ drafting phase and not after 90 million is spent and the film is basically finished.

Yes, I know he inherited the project and all that.

All the same, I think it's pretty safe to say he won't be given the leeway to pull a Batgirl stunt again .
He may dislike it for not having enough spectacle, and not because it's a bad film

He may dislike it for not having enough spectacle, and not because it's a bad film

This is what I suspect .
The film may not be good, but I doubt that it was so bad it couldn't be seen or released.

Greg Berlanti is the name being whispered about to take over as DC Films president according to Variety. He has not been offered the job yet and sources close to him question whether or not he’ll take it considering it’ll come with a pay cut.

If they want him they’ll have to drop the bag.

Well Zaslov just scrapped his series , so to turn around and then say " we want you to head DC Films", would be unexpected.

Something tells me Berlanti and Zaslov would probably see things very different in terms of how to exploit these characters ,and which characters are worthy of the " Grand Spectacle " Zaslov wants.

Something tells me these guys would disagree alot, but that's my speculation.

I also don't know of Berlanti would even want to be apart of the drama going on with the film division.

I'd be down for Greg Berlanti. A dude who comes from character-centered shows and films, not all of them superhero based. Clearly knows and likes DC. The CW shows ain't perfect, but if you took the good material from the first seasons of Supergirl, Flash or S&L, you'd have enough for a kickass film for each.

I understand why he wouldn't want the job, though. Everyone comes out of DC with some poop on their name.

There in lies the rub.
We've had several " White Knights" at this point who come to " set things straight" in the DCEU looking like this
22jp.gif

But ending up looking like this after working with WB
2piP.gif

I was off the grid for 4 days and so much has happened.

1. Development on Static Shock, Green Lantern Corps, Supergirl and JJ's Superman halted/slowed down. MAYBE this is not the case but it sure does seem like Zaslav doesn't like black and brown people (GL Corps was supposed to co-star Jon Stewart if I recall).

2. Hamada was planning to make a Secret Six movie and Crisis on infinite Earths. Secret Six could be a good little movie but Crisis on Infinite Earths would have been completely stupid. They rushed into Flashpoint before properly establishing the DCEU and they were then going to rush into a Crisis? Once again, I'm glad Hamada won't be in charge anymore.

3. The Green Lantern HBO Max series and the Black Canary movie are supposedly still moving forward. I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Not only is WB still working with Ezra Miller on the Flash reshoots but they haven't even decided to fire them yet. No wonder WB hasn't made a statement. Yeesh. While Tokata's parents are desperately trying to get hold of their teenage daughter, WB is working with this alleged sex criminal. Absolutely insane. What's even stupider is that WB thinks they can get Miller to do a tell-all interview that will fix everything. Lmao.

5. The Batman sequel hasn't been greenlit yet. While i understand that WB perhaps expected the movie to make more at the box office, it would be lunacy to cancel the sequel. Covid was still a factor and many were probably hesitant to give yet another reboot a chance. I think if they stick with this iteration of Batman then they will be rewarded. Think Batman Begins -> The Dark Knight.

Can't wait to see what crazy stuff happens with the DCEU next week. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"