DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

In April. Rumor was they're going to be introducing a new costume and are tweaking his characterization. The claim was that he's gonna be introduced in Shazam to reintroduce him to audiences and see if there's interest in a new Superman flick.

Interesting. Thank you. I had not heard that. I guess more proof of conflicting reports since it was rumored not long ago they were looking into a director for MOS2 and possibly the films announcement as well.
I guess at this point we all just wait and see.

Just don't know what to think or how I feel anymore. Hope for the best I suppose.

So WB allows 2 versions of the same character in movies? Wait a few days and they might announce an original movie of a young Batman going along with the weary tired Affleck Batman.

I posted this in the Joker stand alone movie thread on June 6th btw.

So... 7 days.

I'm skeptical the Leto Joker film is even happening. Someone on the JL forums posited that it could just be WB kicking around dirt to make Jared Leto happy since he was a much bigger star than Margot Robbie going into Suicide Squad, and yet she ended up being the far more popular part of the movie and got her own spin-off.

I'm skeptical the Leto Joker film is even happening. Someone on the JL forums posited that it could just be WB kicking around dirt to make Jared Leto happy since he was a much bigger star than Margot Robbie going into Suicide Squad, and yet she ended up being the far more popular part of the movie and got her own spin-off.

I hope so. I loathe the very idea of this film existing.

I don't even see the point of it, really. Assuming the Joaquin Phoenix film covers the origin story, what else is there to tell that makes Leto's film essential to tell? A loose adaptation of the Joker graphic novel I guess?

In April. Rumor was they're going to be introducing a new costume and are tweaking his characterization. The claim was that he's gonna be introduced in Shazam to reintroduce him to audiences and see if there's interest in a new Superman flick.

Do you remember the source of this rumor? I'm intrigued.

I think it originated from an El Fanboy report. Apparently the new designs being thrown around are less alien and resemble the Rebirth suit.

Last edited:
I think it originated from an El Fanboy report. Apparently the new designs being thrown around a less alien and resemble the Rebirth suit.

Thanks! Is it this? Because I read that. I don't know how reputable all of these scoopsters are.

I'm also skeptical of the implications of these rumors. Superman has gotten a tweaked suit in each of his previous movies. Lots of characters get costume changes without it suggesting much of anything with regards to meaningful personality or character shifts.

Furthermore, if Superman shows up to mentor Billy by relating to him about being an orphan and finding a new family or by talking to him the way Martha and Jonathan talked to him as a child (e.g. Jonathan: be careful because your choices have consequences; Martha: advice about managing powers), then that would seem to resonate more with previous films than create distance from them, and it would all be to the film's and universe's benefit rather than its detriment. It would seem more like a natural evolution for him as a character, including the maturity and peace we saw evidence of him achieving in JL too.

Last edited:
It won’t. Aquaman is going to bomb. The DCEU is poison at the box office now, with the possible exception of Wonder Woman. The same people that stayed away in droves from Justice League will avoid Aquaman too. As far as the general, casual audience is concerned, the current DCEU that spawned from Snyder’s work is a ****show they want nothing to do with. The actual Aquaman film may well be okay, or even good, but it’s still going to fail at the box office. I just hope that when it does, both WB, and a lot of people on these boards, will accept that the show is over for this cinematic universe, and that a full reboot is needed.
While very likely, I still believe WB are toying with the idea of reanimating DCFU's corpse. I feel the reason WW is set in 1984 is because they put on hold continuation of DCFU to see how other things play out. Aquaman, Shazam...

2 things that have been mentioned this page that I’m super confident in:

- Aquaman is not going to bomb

- The Letoker movie isn't going to happen

I expect Aquaman to do quite well, actually. Perhaps not as well as Wonder Woman, but right now I'd comfortably predict a $700-$800 million haul.

In terms of sheer scale and spectacle, we have never had a big-budget underwater adventure film like this. The novelty factor cannot be overlooked.

I expect Aquaman to do quite well, actually. Perhaps not as well as Wonder Woman but I'd comfortably predict a $700-$800 million haul.

We haven't had a big-budget, underwater adventure film in a long time. In fact, in terms of sheer scale we may very well have never had anything like it. The novelty factor cannot be overlooked.

Between 700-800 million is my guess as well.

WB has proven they can market the hell out of almost anything, and Aquaman as a bright, colorful swashbuckling underwater adventure can practically market itself. Word is they’re confident in this and I think they have good reason for it. I trust that Wan knows what he’s doing and I know it’ll be a hit.

I think Aquaman is gonna do well. Nothing spectacular; it has to deal with the stink of the past movies, and unlike Wonder Woman in BVS, he wasn't a huge breakout everyone was raving about in Justice League.

That said, it has a few things going for it. The word from up top is it's going to be lighter and more fun, and while that was not very reassuring with Justice League, unlike that film, this seems to have been organically baked in rather than something WB tried to cram in with reshoots at the last second. So right there I think Aquaman has way more potential to be a crowd-pleaser.

The other big thing is James Wan has a very good critical track record, and his work on Fast 7 showed he knows how to balance action and stakes with fun, likable characters the audience can invest in.

I think what will likely happen is the movie has a relatively soft opening, but will be good enough that it encourages a lot of positive word of mouth and repeat viewing.

I expect Aquaman to do quite well, actually. Perhaps not as well as Wonder Woman, but right now I'd comfortably predict a $700-$800 million haul.

In terms of sheer scale and spectacle, we have never had a big-budget underwater adventure film like this. The novelty factor cannot be overlooked.

That would be quite a success. I’m really looking forward to it.

Between 700-800 million is my guess as well.

WB has proven they can market the hell out of almost anything, and Aquaman as a bright, colorful swashbuckling underwater adventure can practically market itself. Word is they’re confident in this and I think they have good reason for it. I trust that Wan knows what he’s doing and I know it’ll be a hit.

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. I don’t think the quality of the movie will matter that much. The association with failure is there, and it’s not going away... not with the casual audience, anyway. You can’t keep fooling them.

Aquaman will definitely only do Solo numbers... or worse.

We'll see. I was optimistic about Wonder Woman and I'm optimistic about this one. Knock the trailer out of the park, show audiences things they've never seen before, promote the director of Fast & Furious 7, and there you go.

I am absolutely and unequivocally willing to bet it doesn't perform as bad as Solo.

Last edited:
MbJ said:
Revenge of the Fans:
RTF EXCLUSIVE: Here’s The Next Time You’ll Get To See Cavill’s SUPERMAN At The Movies!

That would be cool. Deathstroke would have to kill some of the team, just to show ruthless and badass he is.

I don't even see the point of it, really. Assuming the Joaquin Phoenix film covers the origin story, what else is there to tell that makes Leto's film essential to tell? A loose adaptation of the Joker graphic novel I guess?

What if they did the two joker movies and then made a sequel that would then have these two cross paths and introduce a third joker and they had an all out war. Last joker standing is the end all be all. Since they're introducing three jokers in the comics it would be kind of a fun movie imo lol.

One would be Killing Joke and the other would be Red Hood or the induction of Harley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"