DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

That would be cool. Deathstroke would have to kill some of the team, just to show ruthless and badass he is.

I've always felt Suicide Squad should avoid big name characters. It should always have a few Z listers that can be killed off throughout the story.

Having more human level threats is also a good idea. SS should be doing the US governments dirty work, more international espionage than superheroics.

I think Aquaman will do Justice League and Man of Steel numbers $600 million plus.

I think it will need some great word of mouth and hype to do BvS or Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad numbers.

Yeah I'm predicting Doctor Strange numbers for Aquaman, which will be good given that it supposedly cost way less than most of the other DCEU movies.

Entertainment Weekly strikes again.. what the **** happened to Nicole Kidman

DfqemoIW4AEvkGM.jpg

Mera is straight FIRE tho.

This one thankfully looks better.

DfqjvPIVQAUTIPi.jpg

That first cover is.....not good. I know they were going for the underwater hair effect but it doesn't work.

That first cover is.....not good. I know they were going for the underwater hair effect but it doesn't work.

I think everyone aside from Kidman look fine and on point. Kidman on the other hand, looks like her costume came out of a Mermaid Convention.

Orm looks waaaaay better than I anticipated or had in my mind as to how they would present him. Kudos for making him look so badass.

I am disappointed Orm is the villain as opposed to Black Manta. I just don't want Loki vibes from this, LOL!

I am disappointed Orm is the villain as opposed to Black Manta. I just don't want Loki vibes from this, LOL!

Manta is in this though, helmet and all unless the EW article says otherwise, like he's a supporting character only and is beingvsaved as a villain for later? But he is in the movie.

Manta is in this though, helmet and all unless the EW article says otherwise, like he's a supporting character only and is beingvsaved as a villain for later? But he is in the movie.

I know he is, but I would rather he was the main villain. Not the evil half brother who is in his throne. Major risk I think of looking like a Thor rehash. They will have to be creative with it.

I know he is, but I would rather he was the main villain. Not the evil half brother who is in his throne. Major risk I think of looking like a Thor rehash. They will have to be creative with it.

Aquaman got there first, and this is DC's problem, they are as GA concerned playing second place when in historic terms, on many of this, they got there first.

To GA, it's about what appears on screen first, who got their first, sadly.

Aquaman got there first, and this is DC's problem, they are as GA concerned playing second place when in historic terms, on many of this, they got there first.

It doesn't matter which company made the comic first. I am well aware Aquaman's comic is older than Thor's. That doesn't change the fact that Thor movie was made first and Thor is fairly popular. Comics also have the benefit of fleshing themselves out more over extended periods of time as they're on-going. With movies, you don't get that. You have 2hrs to make this not Thor under the sea. That is my worry with Orm as the villain.

Orm looks waaaaay better than I anticipated or had in my mind as to how they would present him. Kudos for making him look so badass.

I don’t think that’s his actual Ocean Master costume.
They’re both wearing what looks like could be traditional armor for their fight to claim the throne.

It doesn't matter which company made the comic first. I am well aware Aquaman's comic is older than Thor's. That doesn't change the fact that Thor movie was made first and Thor is fairly popular. Comics also have the benefit of fleshing themselves out more over extended periods of time as they're on-going. With movies, you don't get that. You have 2hrs to make this not Thor under the sea. That is my worry with Orm as the villain.

SF, I know you do, but the GA don't and am agreeing with you. I think that yes, it is a reasonable problem that AM will have, to be seen not to be Thor via the sea to the GA, but hopefully his appearance in JL and brief DoJ will open them up to wanting/seeing more of him.

SF, I know you do, but the GA don't and am agreeing with you. I think that yes, it is a reasonable problem that AM will have, to be seen not to be Thor via the sea to the GA, but hopefully his appearance in JL and brief DoJ will open them up to wanting/seeing more of him.

Where I am at on this is I want Aquaman to be great. I feel like it has a lot of potential and the camera work I am seeing in these pictures show me almost everything I wanted visually out of this project. I've long felt Aquaman was underrated as a character. At the same time, I want this film to have a great and fresh story. WW never sank into being the same type of movie as Cap 1, though it was a war flashback movie as well. I am hoping Aquaman similarly side steps the hurdles of treading similar MCU path. But I would be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous. With Wonder Woman, I had more faith because she is a more fantastical character than Cap, so I thought it would be different.

To quote X-Files, I want to believe!!!

They have enough significant differences that I don't think this is a problem. Arthur isn't raised in Atlantis as the golden child like Thor was in Asgard. Orm is more of a pureblood, so to speak, than he is, which is also unlike Loki. Arthur's parents aren't even alive in the first film outside of flashbacks, and his love interest is not a civilian. It's also an inverse of Thor in that he's an outcast in Atlantis whereas Thor is the, pardon, fish out of water on Earth.

I hope you feel the same way about Aquaman being like Thor as you did about Wonder Woman being like Captain America. I hope you enjoy it!

They have enough significant differences that I don't think this is a problem. Arthur isn't raised in Atlantis as the golden child like Thor was in Asgard. Orm is more of a pureblood, so to speak, than he is, which is also unlike Loki. Arthur's parents aren't even alive in the first film outside of flashbacks, and his love interest is not a civilian. It's also an inverse of Thor in that he's an outcast in Atlantis whereas Thor is the, pardon, fish out of water on Earth.

I hope you feel the same way about Aquaman being like Thor as you did about Wonder Woman being like Captain America. I hope you enjoy it!

I hope so as well. On the plus side, I love James Wan as a director. He's shown me a lot of creativity, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Orm was created in 1966. Loki (Marvel version) in 1962.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"