DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Yeah the most interesting-looking parts of Black Adam are the characters that aren’t Black Adam. And even they aren’t wowing me so much that I’m excited for it. The Rock just looks like he’s playing a super-powered version of his Hobbs character.

Well. A MORE super-powered version of him.

Ezra Miller’s ‘The Flash’ Sets Record Test Scores For A DCEU Film — World of Reel

Oscar blog World of Reel doesn’t usually cover comic book movies but they have some news on The Flash and some of the behind the scenes shenanigans at WBD.

-WB employees are “quite perplexed” by the way things have been going since new CEO David Zaslav has taken over.

-Zaslav recently rejected a pitch from Clint Eastwood.

-Zaslav loves The Flash. The release date will not change.

-Zaslav is unhappy with the current state of Aquaman 2 but it will obviously not be cancelled like Batgirl.

-The budget for The Flash has skyrocketed over $300m.

-Ezra Miller is said to be perfect in the lead role. Michael Keaton is in more than half the movie and plays an important role in the plot of the film.

-The Flash will feature cameos from Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Christopher Reeve, Linda Carter and Adam West.

-The Flash has received the highest test scores of any DCEU film to date.

-Person who attended The Falsh test screening called it “humorous, thrilling and emotional”.

Last edited:
If I was a member of the Reeve or West family, I would have a serious problem with them using footage of my dead relative to help prop up a movie starring a probable sex offender. I’m sure they were paid for these cameo appearances but that was probably long before all this **** came out about Miller.

Something feels off about these nerds sites and scoopers tripping over themselves to praise Flash over freaking test screenings of all things

Are you thinking "Astroturfing by the studio"? Or "Sociopathic nerds defending sexual predator because **** cancel culture"?

The plot leak sounds underwhelming AF, I was extremely disappointed while reading it. Not feeling any aspect of this movie except for Keaton. The story doesn’t grab me at all.

Oh well. We still have the animated Flashpoint Paradox, the old Flash show, and The Flash (CW) season 1 and 2. Were not hurting for decent Flash content.

Zaslav recently rejected a pitch from Clint Eastwood.
Not at all surprising after saying that his previous film shouldn't have seen the light of day. He broke a partnership that has been going on for almost half a century.

So, Aquaman delayed to December 2023. Are they going to now replace the re-shot Affleck scenes with the original Keaton scenes?

I doubt it. That's more money that goes into the film. They'll just put it on ice as is.

The more I'm finding out about the merger the less it makes sense. AT&T was going to saddle the buyer/new owner of WB with all of their debt (even debt unrelated to WB) and Discovery went for it. Why? Did Zaslav really think he could turn it around? Or is this all complete BS and the plan was always to sell WB later?

The only way for a producer of reality tv garbage to become emperor of a movie studio is to agree to take on 53 billion dollars worth of debt. Zaslav dragged his shareholders into a nightmare all because he wanted to join the Hollywood boys club.

Luckily he answers to Discovery mega-shareholder John Malone who cares nothing about Hollywood and will probably get tired of this mess very soon.

Hope this means he’s back full time as the DCEU Batman and not just cameos.

Dan Lin is in talks to become president of DC Films according to the Hollywood Reporter. Walter Hamada will be out if a deal closes.

Last edited:
Dan Lin is in talks to become president of DC Films according to the Hollywood Reporter. Walter Hamada will be out if a deal closes.

I liked the first IT movie and the Lego movies, but who knows if that will translate to good DC movies. I guess any change is better than the current status quo so we will see.

I liked the first IT movie and the Lego movies, but who knows if that will translate to good DC movies. I guess any change is better than the current status quo so we will see.
Does he even know anything about DC Comics tho? I feel like there has to be some producer out there with extensive knowledge of DC. I wish Dwayne McDuffie was alive. Hell Paul Dini/Bruce Timm is right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"