• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

I like Jenkins and had fun with most of WW84, but she should've known them studio notes were coming. Them articles don't make her look good at all. I hope she tells her side.

I don't trust anything Deadline says on this. Their articles are clearly being fed to them by vested interests in the current regime.
Sir, imma need you to calm all the way down ok. We get it, you hate the current actors.

The new regime trying to sort out the tangled mess that is the DC Films division.

noir-et-blanc-vie-cables.gif

Sir, imma need you to calm all the way down ok. We get it, you hate the current actors.

I don't and was always a proponent of a soft reboot, either incorporating Pattinson or not incorporating Pattinson.

:huh:

I'm just a realist who knows which sources to trust and which not to. I do not trust Deadline who has been running puff pieces for Dwayne Johnson all week, which he has been embarrassingly retweeting like clockwork.

Eh, I don't want to be too much of a bummer. I definitely got that superhero fatigue. Been a while too. I understand posting in a superhero forum irony aint lost on me, but I kinda enjoy more now the lead up, the rumors and castings etc over the films in general and the long wait that comes with them. The Batman sequel is the ONLY thing I'm excited for, but that thing is still 3-4 years away, which is looong and makes it at times not worth the wait. Probably wrong thread for this, but the whole new 10 year plan just has me rolling my eyes, as I do with the mcu in general, which most of them flicks aint for me.

Honestly kinda relieved the Keaton film was canned. We don't need it while Reeves and Pattinson are out there cooking.

Unless it was a Batman Beyond situation where he’s the guy in the chair advising a much younger new Batman, Keaton being the permanent Batman in the DCEU was just so stupid to me. Either bring Affleck back or merge Pattinson into the DCEU, but having Keaton back full time just screamed “nostalgia” just for the sake of it to me.

Jeff Sneider has heard that Patty Jenkins is an absolute nightmare to deal with behind the scenes.

I don't trust anything Deadline says on this. Their articles are clearly being fed to them by vested interests in the current regime.
It’s clear that Borys Kit from the Hollywood Reporter has a direct line to Safran and Gunn. He’s the one to pay attention to in this situation.

I personally would tweak the flash movie (yet again) to include an epilogue.

Or place it as a prologue for the next 2/3 movies so that they kind of go deeper each time.

Where we see glimpses of what was a massive multiverse battle, a montage of the universes all coming together, Darksied et al. 15 minutes of heroes clashing, Reeve superman teaming up with Cain and Cavill, Reeves.. We hear how the heroes saved the day, only to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, a one, merged universe moving forward - we see the heroes now, in heroic poses, unknowing of who they once were, the battles won... their other worldly versions of themselves. After all, it's happened, been and gone with a new future now.

I guess it's fun to chat about, but damn they must have a head ache over at WB wondering how to movie forward.

Eh, I don't want to be too much of a bummer. I definitely got that superhero fatigue. Been a while too. I understand posting in a superhero forum irony aint lost on me, but I kinda enjoy more now the lead up, the rumors and castings etc over the films in general and the long wait that comes with them. The Batman sequel is the ONLY thing I'm excited for, but that thing is still 3-4 years away, which is looong and makes it at times not worth the wait. Probably wrong thread for this, but the whole new 10 year plan just has me rolling my eyes, as I do with the mcu in general, which most of them flicks aint for me.
I agree - for me, it's the laying there constructing the sequels in my mind at night, looking at all the options and possibilities - after MOS I was so hopeful, then I walked out of BvS thinking "what did I just see and can I do this all again for 2 years?"

They need to come out and share their plan and how they intend to explain a retcon then let the heroes breath.

That's my one issues with BA, it felt like a marvel movie with everything they felt at DC worked with Marvel, without giving much credit to the audience.

If anything, I want Black Adam in the retcon universe to be way more vicious.

You know I'm a HUGE Marvel fan, but the MCU has mostly been milquetoast, safe, and bland AF to me. Yet people kept giving them glowing reviews left and right when most are just AIGHT at best. The only MCU film I genuinely adore was Winter Soldier, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, No Way Home, and the first 2/3 of Black Panther.

So...they are still doing Constantine 2 movie with Keanu Reeves? A sequel that no one wants and never wanted in the first place?

For me to believe Jenkins being difficult to work with, I would need more information from multiple reputable sources.

I like Jenkins and had fun with most of WW84, but she should've known them studio notes were coming. Them articles don't make her look good at all. I hope she tells her side.

Reading it, it sounds less like notes, and an order to do something completely different, not tweaked.

At which point, why should she put up with it when others wouldn't.

Reading it, it sounds less like notes, and an order to do something completely different, not tweaked.

At which point, why should she put up with it when others wouldn't.

Conversely why should WBD pay her $12m to spend $200m of their money to make a movie they don’t want?

She’s an employee. Her job is to take notes, otherwise she can finance her own films and use her own IP.

Im still not really trusting any scoopers too much, so i take it all with a grain of salt.
But i never heard before that Jenkins is allergic to criticism or a nightmare to work with...its the first time i hear that...but who knows, maybe WW is a passionate project and she is more invested in her vision or so...for now this is rumors i dont take too serious until we know more.

There is no “winning” for DC fans. Only pain.

Im absolutely not a fan of Batman Beyond, but WTF if true?
Like this is a better idea than having him in The Flash and then have him be the DCU Batman or some ****.
Either a Beyond movie or go back to Burtons universe.

It's not the first time we heard the Batman Beyond rumor. But at the same time, I'm not that upset about the news because there's no telling what they would've come up with. Even the Pre-James Gunn/Peter Safran team wasn't inspiring a ton of confidence in me.

The one thing i absolutely am not looking forward is the amount of Fancasting we will see now with all this.
Especially when dudes for some weird reason still want Gina Carano as Wonder Woman.

This is how I see it. They are going to lose 100's of millions no matter what, so why not reshoot several scenes in flash toward the end and use that to reboot everything.

Hear me out...

After ezra's flash meets keatons batman, and they do their thing, Keaton helps Ezra's flash return to his own timeline.
Flash takes off, builds up his speed and enters the speedforce.

But Something goes horribly wrong...

Ezra's flash sees several different flashes while in the speedforce, above below and next to him.

A blinding light appears.
They all disappear and are thrown onto different Earths.

Each flash is permanently trapped at where ever they ended up.

We then see "our" earth and a flash appears, only it isn't our flash.
It's a different person in the suit and it's a different suit.

He looks around. Everything seems like his Earth, only it isn't.

We see daily planet newspapers nearby on a magazine stand.
Flash picks one up.
Superman is on the cover, only it isn't cavill's Superman. It's a new actor ( pick who ) with a slightly different suit.
Flash is like wth?

We see a tv news segment on a nearby TV in a store window showing WW fighting a villain, only it isn't gadot as WW.

We see a GL fly overhead of flash. He wonders who that is, Etc etc.

If you wanted to add a little humor to it, the flash could even say "oh boy" and have it end there....

It just seems to me if they are wanting to reboot EVERYTHING, then the flash would be the perfect vehicle to use.

Last edited:

Yeah, something tells me Dwayne Johnson is not happy with this new leadership.

I think, for better or worse, a hard reboot is coming.
The signs are all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"