DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Well said! We have to build the universe. Even the MCU waited to introduce space. Heck, the first Thor film is set mostly on earth.

Exactly, invest with them, connect with them so when the threat comes, we care for them.

It also seems the world will be dealing with heroes for a long time ala watchmen and all of it (supervillain, heroes) will be a big gray area without proper order, hence why the Justice League will be formed.

Last edited:
Do we know what the status of Sashe Calle's Supergirl will be after The Flash? Is the Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow movie likely to involve her, or is she likely a 'one and done' and we'll get another actress?

Do we know what the status of Sashe Calle's Supergirl will be after The Flash? Is the Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow movie likely to involve her, or is she likely a 'one and done' and we'll get another actress?

The synopsis made it sound like this was going to be a version completely unconnected to the version in The Flash.

The Authority came out of nowhere and i was wodering why they are doing this. maybe they will replace Justice Battalion in thier version of Kingdom Come down the line?

Just read the Gizmodo article (still catching up on everything).

"She’s up for doing stuff. We’re not sure what we’re going to do with that."

Yeah, Gal's days as WW are definitely over. Sounds like he's considering her for other projects.
Gal suited WW to a tee and wouldn’t be the same without Patty directing her. I can’t imagine her as someone else in the DC universe and it not coming off as inferior. Would also feel really weird.

Unfortunately will be tough for her to see if this becomes a big success. :csad:

It's a shame that no one over at Warner Bros is interested in making a "Kingdom Come" series. I feel like that would catch a lot of people's attention. With enough funds, they could even use Michael Keaton to portray the KC version of Batman.

I guess mainly that comes down to the success of the Flash movie, like many other things.
Thats why i think they had the whole "leaving the door open" thing, because the flash movie does play a big part in going forward.

If the movie fails, then you have no real legs to keep anybody involved.

I am very surprised that they already announced the New DCEU Batman Movie i thought New DCEU Batman would be one of the final characters to be introduced but well Batman sells i think the Brave and the Bold will come out in 2026 a year after Superman Legacy with Luck or in 2027 i am also very excited for the Amazons TV Show i hope the New Diana Prince or Wonder Woman will be introduced in this Show

Gunn mentioned using Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to help launch the lesser know properties.

I assume Supes will be in the Supergirl movie. But where do all of you think we'll see Batman and Wonder Woman?

Well Grace Randolph said that she's heard both Gadot and Cavill have been cut from The Flash, as well as...

Michael Keaton and Sasha Calle from the "new universe" at the end of it.
I think she meant from the finale of the movie and that instead Flash ends up in a different DC movie / universe and they filmed a new cameo for that scene.

I think it's totally bizarre that we're getting The Authority before the Justice League.
Its also totally bizarre the Authority is the one getting the big screen treatment while Green Lantern is the one getting the small screen treatment. Green Lantern shouldn’t be be a tv show based on earth. It’s best served as this epic big budget space opera film. Not to say the show still couldn’t be good anything but I’m not excited about a show set on primarily earth.

Last edited:
It's a shame that no one over at Warner Bros is interested in making a "Kingdom Come" series. I feel like that would catch a lot of people's attention. With enough funds, they could even use Michael Keaton to portray the KC version of Batman.

That's not the kind of project you go for when you're trying to streamline a shared universe. Yet another Superman, yet another Batman, a darker Shazam. And for a jaded older Supes to work, people need to be more familiar with the younger idealistic version than they are now.

I guess mainly that comes down to the success of the Flash movie, like many other things.
Thats why i think they had the whole "leaving the door open" thing, because the flash movie does play a big part in going forward.

If the movie fails, then you have no real legs to keep anybody involved.

I think Sasha being around the same age that the new Superman's gonna be, maybe even older, makes it less likely they'll keep her in the role. I think it'll partly depend on whether Ezra stays or not.

Geez, compared to the doom and gloom of the ”Misc. Comics Films” thread, this place is positively sunny. You would think with the recent announcements, the whole thing is a complete disaster and a dumpster fire. It’s like they want the whole thing to fail.

I mean, after their previous DCEU crashed and burned and some of their questionable choices with their previous output previous, and the current head of Warner Bros. canceling and offloading a bunch of projects for tax write offs, I get it. However, this is the first time where they’ve had somebody in the DC Films division over at Warner Bros. overseeing every single project that really seems to love and get all of this stuff. This is the first time where I actually feel hope and some sense of direction for this franchise. I mean, just from watching that six minute video, you can feel his effusive excitement and eagerness to work on this and make it the best that it can be. I never got that from the DCEU. Also, they’re doing what I’ve been wanting them to do In in the first place from the beginning: not immediately rushing into and jumping ahead to things, but starting off small, building a foundation and taking their time.

Sure, their handling of the whole Ezra Miller situation has me scratching my head, but they are also in a very tenuous situation where they are having to inherit the baggage from the previous regime and transition to what they actually want to do. DC Films’ image is in a very tenuous place right now. It’s not as simple as just flipping a switch or tossing out everything that came before and doing what they want to do right away. They literally can’t afford to do that. These things take time, patience and cost a whole lot of money. I imagine, some time after this year’s projects have been released, and they finish making their money at the box office, I guarantee we’ll get and have a much better idea of how those projects and the people involved are going forward. Hopefully, those decisions include stuff like “Ezra Miller let go” and “Zachary Levi no longer involved with Shazam”. I’m waiting to see what happens first before I make any judgments.

However, if they do continue forward like a lot of people on here are suspecting and they do eventually crash and burn, I will definitely be one of the first to call them out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"