• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Nothing really we didn't already know. It's a shame Gadot's WW didn't get a third solo, but she had four movies, plus a very high-profile alternate cut of one of those, plus however many cameos. I don't think Gadot can feel shortchanged.
She will always be the first feature film Wonder Woman and first successful superheroine film.

WW 84 killed any hopes for a 3rd film. It was as bad as the eternals and the marvels to me. It Almost felt like a comedy, whether intentional or not.
On a side note Lucy lawless missed her calling as WW.

Interesting little comment from Michael Keaton in this article (dated April 17, 2024, about the forthcoming novel Batman: Resurrection).

Recently, on The Happy Sad Confused podcast, when asked if he’d ever find himself in the Batcave again, the actor said, “I don’t think about it much. Never say never, I don’t think. Everything depends upon something else.”
Probably never happen, but at least he didn't say 'No!'

I enjoyed Gal as Wonder Woman, but I'm not surprised she's not returning. I feel that other than the already established Gunn-verse actors/acresses with The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker, pretty much everyone else will be getting recast. I know there are rumors Mamoa is still somehow attached, but I'm willing to bet it's for a different character and not Aquaman. Could be wrong, time will tell. Gal's Wonder Woman will always have a special place in my heart as well as Cavill, Affleck and Fisher.

No JL member is coming back. They already have more new faces in the first two projects alone than those reprising roles. It'll be the hardest soft reboot ever if people need to put a label to it.

I enjoyed Gal as Wonder Woman, but I'm not surprised she's not returning. I feel that other than the already established Gunn-verse actors/acresses with The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker, pretty much everyone else will be getting recast. I know there are rumors Mamoa is still somehow attached, but I'm willing to bet it's for a different character and not Aquaman. Could be wrong, time will tell. Gal's Wonder Woman will always have a special place in my heart as well as Cavill, Affleck and Fisher.
Weren't there rumors or some sort of reports that he could potentially play Lobo? Which, much as I liked him as Aquaman, he fits Lobo like a glove.

Weren't there rumors or some sort of reports that he could potentially play Lobo? Which, much as I liked him as Aquaman, he fits Lobo like a glove.
I've read Lobo as well as other speculations. It would be a bit funny to see him return as a different character and still catch a Aquaman joke. But unless I missed an official source, it's all still speculation at this point. If Gunn has a character for him, I'll welcome him to it but I'm not holding out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"