Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

giphy.gif

as in background characters that heterosexual audiences can just tick off a box but they don’t add anything and they barely count as superheroes. Basically like expecting a Lois and Clark and getting a Samantha from Bewitched. Powers of a god, doesn’t use them except to make her hubby happy

cute! I hope they actually get to do something though and they don’t just use their powers to make sure dinner is in the oven by five or whatever

They? We don't know that Phastos' spouse is an Eternal. I think It's a safe bet that Phastos himself will have things to do, since he's the tech guy (at least in the comics).

An immortal building a family with all mortals is a tragedy waiting to happen.

btw, if they managed to release Bohemian Rhapsody in China with all gay references deleted they will get it done for Eternal too. For some other countries like Singapore, they could choose to keep the gay part, just that the movie will get an equivalent of a R rating adults only. It’s up to Disney choose delete or R in those situations.

ngl I completely forgot the Eternals were a thing.

As long as the movie is good and respects the source material, I don't particularly care who/what the characters are. If the character writing/story telling is bad then it's bad, no matter the representation, which would really be a shame.

Already seeing the laugh & angry reacts in facebook articles regarding Phastos being gay...lol. The coming months will be fun lol

Expect the hateful moron brigade on youtube led by geeks+gamers to come out the wood works eventually

I've seen a few "they make all black male comic characters gay!!!!" or "they are trying to emasculate black men!" posts since the Phastos reveal. Saw the same when Aqualad was shown to be LGBT on Young Justice. Yep, every black male character is gay...except you know Luke Cage. And Falcon. And War Machine. And Black Panther. And Cyborg. And John Stewart. And Miles Morales. And Bishop. And Black Lightning. And Bronze Tiger. And Sunspot. And...

I read maybe one volume that’s lost somewhere in my parents’ house and never touched another :/
I remember enjoying it but not thinking much of it neither.

Cool! Although I’m over on the other side of the planet and marvel always drops their trailers late at night and then I have trouble sleeping because I’m so excited haha

cute! I hope they actually get to do something though and they don’t just use their powers to make sure dinner is in the oven by five or whatever

And it doesn’t help progress when every time progress is actually made, a percentage of people are on the sidelines shaming the people who made progress for not going hard enough.

Cool! Although I’m over on the other side of the planet and marvel always drops their trailers late at night and then I have trouble sleeping because I’m so excited haha

Where are you? Which planet?

And it doesn’t help progress when every time progress is actually made, a percentage of people are on the sidelines shaming the people who made progress for not going hard enough.

some people say progress, others say gentrification. There’s more than one way for people to live their lives than just settling down and having kids.

and as for sitting on the sidelines, you couldn’t even imagine the s**t I had to do to get as close to equal rights as possible in the country I’m in. Far more than just having a token character

Where are you? Which planet?

krypton. Lol no I’m in Australia

I saw something about Sersi and Black knight having the most focus in the movie and I hope it's not true. I don't give AF about their romance. I want everyone to get fair representation. Can't imagine a movie which stars actresses like Jolie and Hayek not doing anything interesting with their characters.

It makes sense in a way. You have the one Eternal who loves and is fascinated by humans (Sersi) and her romantic love interest from the comics who is human. It’s a good way to get the audience into the concept.

Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie will be the supporting main characters that have good solid roles and a good amount of screen time.

Yeah I can see Salma and Angelina having roles like the teachers in Harry Potter. Memorable but quick and a good way to support less seasoned actors.

although of course I want to see heaps of both

I won't be surprised if Sersi and Black Knight get some shine here. I think they, as they were in the comics, are gonna get groomed to be Avengers.

Interesting now this will go against Bond James Bond especially in some markets where the bond rescheduled date is early November.

and I can see Bond won’t be the only blockbuster moving to later this year.

I don’t think bond is that big a threat. The demographics for it aren’t as broad as marvel flicks and to be honest there isn’t as much hype as previous bond films

ETERNALS Star Kumail Nanjiani Teases His Bollywood-Inspired Superhero In The Marvel Studios Movie

According to Nanjiani, his Kingo is also a movie star and the character does indeed dance alongside around 50 South-East Asian actors for a sequence which sounds like it's come straight out of a Bollywood movie. He adds that seeing this blew him away, as he couldn't quite believe it was going to end up on screen (however, he also noted that Eternals boasts a very diverse cast).

those "soon" news is so silly .lol click bait.

"soon!, (but next month which was also already heavily rumored as they always release around that)"

I'm not sure we wil see Dane as the fully realized Black Knight in this myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"