Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

disney has paid alot of money for these movies. if there's a good chance they don't even break even, then it makes sense for them to delay.

we were on a good path but then delta changed it all. at the end of the day, it's about the bottom line.

i would actually offer it on disney+ for $60-70. if you are buying 4 movie tix, the average price will be around $15-18/person so charge that amount on ppv.

disney has paid alot of money for these movies. if there's a good chance they don't even break even, then it makes sense for them to delay.

we were on a good path but then delta changed it all. at the end of the day, it's about the bottom line.

i would actually offer it on disney+ for $60-70. if you are buying 4 movie tix, the average price will be around $15-18/person so charge that amount on ppv.
Lol. You think anybody is willing to pay $60-$70 to watch this digitally? Family or not, most folks would just pirate it at that price, or wait till It's on Disney Plus for the price of a subscription.

I'll say it...

The Eternals have always had TERRIBLE costumes. King Jack whiffed it that time big time and if we're honest that reason, among others, is why Eternals has never really popped for even the hardcore comic nerds.

Whatever is done in this film will almost automatically be an improvement over what they've looked like in books for decades.

The trailer was impressive for me, I didn't have any interest in the movie but was going to see it due to MCU. The filming in the trailer looked really well done, not as hyped as when GOTG was announced as they were another group I didn't know about. Their trailer was fun and instantly grabbed me, Eternals was different I am intrigued to see what characters survive.

I thought the release structure was odd since its back to back unknowns unless you are hardcore. Plus Black Widow was back in the past movie so the impact is little and we know she won't be in any movies.
The MCU enthusiast will watch but the order is a hard sell for casual fans, cove didn't change the order much except Eternals was suppose to be the 2nd movie with Shang Chi 3rd movie out. Had Boseman not been ill and pass away I feel like they may have had Black Panther be 2nd in the line up just to get people with a familiar character that is on going.

Shang Chi and Eternals is like starting over hard to care for the new characters with no history of the previous phases. MCU in all will be fine since Spider-Man is followed by familiar characters.

I thought the release structure was odd since its back to back unknowns unless you are hardcore. Plus Black Widow was back in the past movie so the impact is little and we know she won't be in any movies.
The MCU enthusiast will watch but the order is a hard sell for casual fans, cove didn't change the order much except Eternals was suppose to be the 2nd movie with Shang Chi 3rd movie out. Had Boseman not been ill and pass away I feel like they may have had Black Panther be 2nd in the line up just to get people with a familiar character that is on going.

Shang Chi and Eternals is like starting over hard to care for the new characters with no history of the previous phases. MCU in all will be fine since Spider-Man is followed by familiar characters.
Yeah I thought the release strategy is odd. I think Black Widow should have been released before Endgame if not Infinity War. And Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings or Eternals could have been released right after Endgame, as the goodwill from Endgame in 2019 would have been really beneficial to a new ip instead of Far From Home.

Anyway, 2022 and early 2023 would be all sequels. And Fantastic 4 will be the neXt ip to get a 1st mcu movie after the Eternals.

What do they mean "underperform?" Is $45 million domestic for opening week for Shang Chi means it does underperform and therefore Eternals move?

Box office experts have not made it clear as to how much Shang Chi needs to make domestically to keep the Eternals on their scheduled date.

Box office experts have not made it clear as to how much Shang Chi needs to make domestically to keep the Eternals on their scheduled date.
Pretty sure it's not up to 'box office experts' and up to Disney.

If Eternals is delayed, we know it underperformed.
If Eternals is not delayed, we know it didn't underperform hahaha

Pretty sure it's not up to 'box office experts' and up to Disney.

If it's delayed, we know it underperformed.
If it's not delayed, we know it didn't underperform hahaha

So then what's the number Disney wants for Shang Chi not to underperform? That has also not been revealed.

So then what's the number Disney wants for Shang Chi not to underperform? That has also not been revealed.
As nice as it'd be to know, I think they're not obliged to tell us, nor being 'bad' not telling us.

With how they greenlit Cruella 2, Jungle Cruise 2 and Free Guy 2. It shouldn't be too high. I think 100 million in Na would be okay for them.

I think whatever numbers Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings get, I don't think delaying Eternals and the entire mcu slate is as the same as Paramount delaying three of their movies. Disney would have to factor in that their Marvel backlog is building up:

3 films in post prod
3 films filming right now
Guardians 3 and two other mcu films are probably scheduled for filming neXt year

So they can't keep delaying more than 5 mcu movies again and again. I can see Eternals getting a D+ premier access release if Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings underperformed.

Last edited:
I liked the second trailer. More cool powers in action. Richard Madden and Angelina Jolie's characters have a good look.

This has better trailers than Shang-Chi, hope it's great and not just "Marvel-good" which is the vibe I'm getting from Shang-Chi.

A mixture of well known, popular and up and coming acting talent in this film. Hopefully that gets a lot of people watching.

I wonder which Avenger is going to appear in Eternals?

If the leaks are anything to go by:

One of the post credits has Dane Whitman looking at the Ebony Blade but before he touches it, someone warns him against it. I could see it being Wong, although he's not an Avenger.

One of the post credits has Dane Whitman looking at the Ebony Blade but before he touches it, someone warns him against it. I could see it being Wong, although he's not an Avenger.
Left field question:

Doesn't the Ebony Blade have some connection to vampires? I could swear that is somewhere in the lore but I can't find any references to it now.

Am I off or mistaking the blade for some other piece of powered paraphernalia from the Marvel Comics Universe?

I only bring it up because if it so... Maybe it isn't an Avenger speaking to Dane Whitman... Maybe it's the daywalker himself,Blade?

Left field question:

Doesn't the Ebony Blade have some connection to vampires? I could swear that is somewhere in the lore but I can't find any references to it now.

Am I off or mistaking the blade for some other piece of powered paraphernalia from the Marvel Comics Universe?

I only bring it up because if it so... Maybe it isn't an Avenger speaking to Dane Whitman... Maybe it's the daywalker himself,Blade?

According to this:

Ebony Blade | Marvel Database | Fandom

based on Arthurian legend

Though I probably won’t watch it in theaters, I’m happy. 45 Days means, that it’ll be available for purchase before Christmas (probably December 17th). Also, they will drop the teasers for Ds2 and T4 too. And BP2 in January or February - following the trailers for DS2 and T4…

Yeah but the final battle in Endgame kinda made *everyone* an Avenger since I doubt the assemble line was only uttered for 6 people. And I get the impression that people nowadays just use the term "Avenger" to refer to any random hero in the MCU :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"