Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

the stake is epic, with all those scenes in ancient times. I‘m happy, that they take that risk.
I was expecting them to cut it down more

I am looking forward to the Eternals because they will bring on a new crop of superheroes with new sets of powers, instead of the "hey look, it's 10 more brand new super soldiers who could do the same thing Steve Rogers does" or "oh look, it's 5 more heroes who can fly and have blasts coming out of their hands."

We get it.

Well, it's the main issue I have with the MCU.....and the thing that DCEU has done better than the MCU. Having Flash, Cyborg and Shazam gives the DCEU a diverse set of heroes with powers and abilities. Flash has given the DCEU a speedster for the long term, something the MCU doesn't have since they killed off Quicksilver, which was stupid. I hope they don't kill off Makkari.

Well, it's the main issue I have with the MCU.....and the thing that DCEU has done better than the MCU. Having Flash, Cyborg and Shazam gives the DCEU a diverse set of heroes with powers and abilities. Flash has given the DCEU a speedster for the long term, something the MCU doesn't have since they killed off Quicksilver, which was stupid. I hope they don't kill off Makkari.

While I agree with you 100% about killing off QS (not so much because of his power set, but because he was a great character), I think an argument can be made that MCU actually has a more diverse set of heroes. First off there's a lot more of them so there is definitely going to be overlap. There's just no getting around that. Secondly, MCU didn't until recently have the entirety of their heroes available to them. So, they have the Hulk who is essentially a Jekyll and Hyde monster, a sorcerer, a witch (sort of similar), ant/giantman, the noble warrior Thor, a few Cyborg types (Falcon, IM, WM), Captain Marvel, and admittedly a LOT of enhanced humans (BP, CA, TWS, BW), to go along with the ultimate archer Hawkeye (Green Arrow has yet to make a movie appearance). I think it could also be argued that Superman, Aquaman, Shazam, and WW all share a certain power set themselves.

Sooooooo.....I personally don't see it, but am interested in the Eternals and want to see more of their powers.

I still want them to bring QS back. If they can do it with Gamora, I don't see any reason they can't do it with him.

While I agree with you 100% about killing off QS (not so much because of his power set, but because he was a great character), I think an argument can be made that MCU actually has a more diverse set of heroes. First off there's a lot more of them so there is definitely going to be overlap. There's just no getting around that. Secondly, MCU didn't until recently have the entirety of their heroes available to them. So, they have the Hulk who is essentially a Jekyll and Hyde monster, a sorcerer, a witch (sort of similar), ant/giantman, the noble warrior Thor, a few Cyborg types (Falcon, IM, WM), Captain Marvel, and admittedly a LOT of enhanced humans (BP, CA, TWS, BW), to go along with the ultimate archer Hawkeye (Green Arrow has yet to make a movie appearance). I think it could also be argued that Superman, Aquaman, Shazam, and WW all share a certain power set themselves.

Sooooooo.....I personally don't see it, but am interested in the Eternals and want to see more of their powers.

I still want them to bring QS back. If they can do it with Gamora, I don't see any reason they can't do it with him.

I don't mind a lot of the heroes having the same powerset, but they also need something that makes them different from the original and not be an exact duplicate. Examples are plenty in the MCU. Both Steve and Bucky are super soldiers, but Bucky has his bionic arm, which sets him a part from Steve. The Abomination has a different look to Hulk. Dr. Strange can fly via cloak of levitation but Wong can't. This is what I am talking about. My main thing is that if you want a bunch of super soldiers, make them different than the original super soldier, Steve Rogers, either aesthetically like Bucky with his bionic arm or nationality like Alexei in Black Widow, or The Hulk and Abomination or have another power that supplements it. That was my issue with Falcon and the Winter Soldier, most of the newer supersoldiers had the same enhanced abilities as Steve Rogers. Bucky has his bionic arm that makes him not "HYDRA's Captain America" and Isaiah Bradley is an old man, which is fine. If we're getting 5-6 Hulks in the MCU, make them different than Bruce.

Like we see in the last Eternals trailer, Kingo having blasts coming out of his fingers rather than his hands. That's different and I like it. Ikarus has blasts coming out of his eyes, also different. Them having the usual superhuman abilities is fine, but also having unique powers makes them different. Phastos makes stuff out of thin air, something we haven't seen all that much in the MCU.

2hr and 36mins potentially for this? Yes please! Once again, this movie looks like a proper epic and I am so jazzed for this! Giving it that kind of runtime shows this is being treated as a major event. I just see this as having top shelf MCU type potential

During a discussion for Harper's Bazaar Mr. Villenueve told Ms. Zhao that "I’m your biggest fan. I think it’s genius that Marvel approached you because you’re the radical opposite of [the MCU] aesthetically." I don't know why these artistes can't just say "MCU movies are not my thing" and leave it at that, but Denis does think Chloe is pretty great.

From what I read, she approached Marvel and pitched her idea to Feige. He loved it and ran with it. Sounds like Marvel is the place creators want to go to (as long as Feige is there)

I don't mind a longer runtime as long as its not as engaging as Hulk 2003.
I don't either. I'm quite sure it's the industry that doesn't generally like the longer movies because time is money and money is their business. :cwink:

Bring on the Bohemian Rhapsodies of the movie industry.....

I don't either. I'm quite sure it's the industry that doesn't generally like the longer movies because time is money and money is their business. :cwink:

Bring on the Bohemian Rhapsodies of the movie industry.....
Well they can eXist and can be successful at the boX office. Endgame, Titanic, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Avatar.

Well they can eXist and can be successful at the boX office. Endgame, Titanic, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Avatar.
That's why I used the word "generally". Of course they exist, but they are outliers and have very high expectations and/or standout directors. If Christopher Nolan, for example, wants to make a 3 hour movie, Christopher Nolan makes a 3 hour movie. Hell, he had some movie theaters pull in some true IMAX cameras for Interstellar as I recall. Speaking of Nolan, you can throw in TDK, TDKR, Interstellar, etc.

About a month away so assuming tickets will be out in 10-14 days. Haven't seen any tv spots during sporting events yet. Thinking they do character spots to introduce similar to GOTG.

Awesome little trailer. I like how grumpy Madden is in the trailer.

I hope Madden stay in the MCU after this if he is really the villlain here, he is a more interesting actor then Harrington.

I hope the neXt X-Men movie is as long as this one Xpecially if it features a big team.
Hoping they start to establish some X-Men in other movies and lead up to the 1st movie. That way they can get some of the origins out of the way, we already know the characters just have them lurking among the world. Guessing the X-Men along with F4 will be adults(27-40) and not teens or college early 20s.
I just really want Gambit done right.

Ok good so they are starting to put some out, I would think ESPN will display them a lot during the big college games and Monday Night Football. I remember they have held ticket release trailers for certain games. Black Panther ticket release announcing was during the college football playoff game. Usually any around Sept -Dec get a MNF special trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"