Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I didn't love the plot leak when I read it but a lot of this reactions are renewing my hope for it.

Let's see the haters call this a Cookie Cutter movie.
The Last Thing that Chloe Zhao does is Cookie Cutter.

Which is weird because one of the boldest things they've ever done was kill off their arguably main character(& biggest money maker), Tony Stark. Most franchises do not do this.

Which is weird because one of the boldest things they've ever done was kill off their arguably main character(& biggest money maker), Tony Stark. Most franchises do not do this.

I mean, it's not like they killed off Tony Stark two movies in. They killed him off when Downey Jr. was ready to go and it made sense for the character to be killed off anyway. Plus, by the time you got to Endgame, you had a new slate of fresh faces and money makers who'd also bring in the big bucks, so offing Endgame that late into the MCU wasn't exactly some bold move. Heck, it'd be weird if they didn't kill Tony.

Plus, other franchises have certainly done it before. You've have Game of Thrones, and, more recently,
No Time to Die

I mean, it's not like they killed off Tony Stark two movies in. They killed him off when Downey Jr. was ready to go and it made sense for the character to be killed off anyway. Plus, by the time you got to Endgame, you had a new slate of fresh faces and money makers who'd also bring in the big bucks, so offing Endgame that late into the MCU wasn't exactly some bold move. Heck, it'd be weird if they didn't kill Tony.

Plus, other franchises have certainly done it before. You've have Game of Thrones, and, more recently,
No Time to Die

I didn't say other franchises have never done it before, I said MOST haven't and that's true. Most have not killed off their main character only a select few.

His arc wasn't finished yet so of course they weren't going to kill him off so soon. I believe they knew Iron Man was always going to die RDJ is irreplaceable IMO. He brought a certain charisma to the role which as much as I love some new main heroes, they haven't exactly brought that same energy to their roles(not yet atleast).

First reactions from well-positioned people invited to premieres. I always take them with extreme caution. "Unlike anything Marvel has ever done" is becoming increasingly repetitive and, most of the times, not true. We'll see!

The fact that these reactions are more mixed actually has me more intrigued this go round.

Whichever way I end up thinking about this movie (I’ll probably end up loving it), I appreciate Marvel Studios and Feige for letting someone like Chloe Zhao do their thing and just going for it.

David Ehrlich and not liking superhero films. Name a more iconic duo.

Greg Alba from Reel Rejects said Perri said to his after the movie "What a good book."

Campea and many people are using the word "dense" for this movie.

I think I get why that one reviewer said it was like “Ben-Hur”.

That film and a lot of those kinds of movies of the time are very epic and grandiose in scope, beautifully photographed, have all-star casts, are longer than most films, are more carefully and steadily paced, have a lot of dialogue between characters with a lot to say about certain topics and a lot on their minds, and not as much action. More like watching a long stage play or reading a book. You’re either on board with that, just ok with it or not at all.

As for me, as someone who grew up watching stuff like The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston, I think I’m going to dig this.

Last edited:
Are they alluding to booing cause they didn't show the post credits scenes or because of the movie itself.

Honestly, if this is not a safe film I am absolutely okay with that

Cutting the post-credits scenes. Maybe it was an East coast thing?

I suffered through Grace Randolph's video and she mentioned about the Justice League comment someone said and I guess the opening scene/fight which is I guess better than anything in the actual Justice League movie. And I don't think this is much of a spoiler but they literally namedrop Batman and Superman in this movie. :funny:

z5cqv14aheu71.jpg

From what I've been reading online, it seems like that plot leak back in April is actually true.

Very interesting set of reactions. Reading between the lines these aren't entirely glowing. Certainly everyone has respect for the "craft" but does it come together cohesively? And I can't tell if the reviewers even know the answer yet. I'm very interested what RT would look like because these could all lean positive at the end of the day or come out relatively mixed/divisive.

I suffered through Grace Randolph's video and she mentioned about the Justice League comment someone said and I guess the opening scene/fight which is I guess better than anything in the actual Justice League movie. And I don't think this is much of a spoiler but they literally namedrop Batman and Superman in this movie. :funny:

Hnnngh.

Not that I've seen, but I also haven't looked for them. But apparently someone who works for Variety did leak (assuming he was being serious)
That Harry Styles is Eros

I hope that they get rid of his worse qualities from the comics

Think I am going dark from Eternals section. See yall Nov 5th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"