Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 2

It's been a while for this thread but hey, this is a really cool statue and I would love if any evolution of the TV costume would go in something like this direction (click image for link to Sideshow's page for it):

It looks like they took some actual cues from the TV show there as it is, what with the black and the side designs on the head piece. I like the design ALOT. I'm curious what it would look like with the nose covered the way they do it in the show. I get the feeling that's never gonna get changed because they said it's just way too obvious that it's Cox any other way. I do think it's a great combination of the traditional and armored looks, and I'd love it if they could manage to actually work the DD chest symbols into it. Honestly, I think this is a damn near perfect design for the show.

It's been a while for this thread but hey, this is a really cool statue and I would love if any evolution of the TV costume would go in something like this direction (click image for link to Sideshow's page for it):

I was just going to post this as well. I was looking through the other pictures - that would make a damn good update for the Netflix costume.

That is amazing. Hot damn.

Do that please.

Yeah, I wish the TV costume looked like that. That's a much better costume.

That being said, I'm not paying for that unless the price comes down by at least $500 ;)

It looks like they took some actual cues from the TV show there as it is, what with the black and the side designs on the head piece. I like the design ALOT. I'm curious what it would look like with the nose covered the way they do it in the show. I get the feeling that's never gonna get changed because they said it's just way too obvious that it's Cox any other way. I do think it's a great combination of the traditional and armored looks, and I'd love it if they could manage to actually work the DD chest symbols into it. Honestly, I think this is a damn near perfect design for the show.

Yeah it definitely seems show-inspired but it tones down everything I don't like about the show costume to a minimum. I still think that this and the show suit would work better if everything that was black was just a slightly darker red than the rest.

For season 3 of the show, I kinda think that Matt may actually go back to his old season 1 costume for the first act, depending on what happened to his season 2 costume during the climax under Midland Circle. And he won't get an upgraded costume from Melvin until the second act. Doing that would kill a bunch of birds with one stone: give Matt a reason to contact Karen or Foggy (if one of them - more likely Karen in my opinion - kept it as a keepsake), give some fanservice, and a way for them to integrate the whole thing with Fisk threatening Melvin's girlfriend.

Wow, that's badass and beautiful at the same time :ilv: I don't think DD's suit can look better than that. If only it would look like that for season 3 :daredevil

I really dig what they did there. Great looking statue.

This is a gorgeous figurine. Absolutely stunning detail and craftsmanship. I'm not even a collector but I do admire a great figurine. I'd consider buying this if I had the space.

Has there been any confirmation of a costume change for season 3?

I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt the yellow costume.

485381.jpg

It may be a bit unlikely, but I think they could easily excuse it saying that Melvin was making an upgraded suit and something went wrong with the colouring.

Annnnnd he's back in the black.... bummer

hopefully he gets back in the actual costume by season's end.. even one with yellow on it

I hope this ends with the ninja costume getting its own Marvel Legends action figure, LOL!!! That would be a day 1 purchase.

I'm just getting tired of Marvel/Netflix's whole "we're gunna kinda give you hints of the costume without doing an actual costume" thing. DD was the one who fully embraced the costume, would hate to see him regress to the black pee-jays

Honestly, I don't mind the change. Matt's doing his "Born Again" phase, it just kinda seems appropriate for him to use his "Man Without Fear" costume, using a mask that looks like it was made from a nun's habit.
095_RINGSIDE_306_Unit_01246R.jpg

I'm so paranoid about the whole thing that now I'm thinking that the only reason they went with this storyline is so they could ditch the costume; Insane I know - I mean its not as if they sit down at the start of production and scour the comics for adaptable arcs where the title character mainly wears civvies or anything, but still.

Born Again didn't have Matt wearing some alternate costume anyway. It had Matt wearing normal clothes.

3 seasons in and we still haven't gotten the iconic Daredevil look. I liked the black, and really didn't mind it in the beginning of the season, but we've been through enough to where he should have his iconic look.

As much as I would like to see a more classic DD suit, I love the black outfit, specially the one from season 3 with the white lines. It looks cool and it also makes much more sense on a practical level. It's just easier to be in and out of it, than putting all that bulky costume, and going places with it.

3 seasons in and we still haven't gotten the iconic Daredevil look. I liked the black, and really didn't mind it in the beginning of the season, but we've been through enough to where he should have his iconic look.
He basically had that throughout season 2 and Defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"